Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone here see this game? I had the privelageof watching it live in poland - weird! Anyway the 1st goal is a masterpeice. If anyone wants to see the craziest sh|t ever just go see this game. i was startled! Tone, Atleticos goalie catches a shot on goal from soem Espanyol player and everythings cool, the camera turns away and heads up field to see where tha ball will go ans dussenly there's this drastic motion and we see Raul Tamudo scoring into an empty goal. Hell! To say I was baffled is to say very little. First thing I thought, maybe Toni, a former Espanyol player, really wanted to make them like him, and just gave Raul the ball. It was legitimate as Atletico are dropping and Espanyol aren't ;) ;) hehe. OK< but now I'll tell you what actually happened - stupid o' Toni was bouncing the ball, like a basketball in front of goal, and suddenly Raul T. ran up and nicked out of his hands with his head! Amazing! First time I ever saw anything like it, no one knew what had ahppened and Raul just scored! hahahahahahahahhahaha it was soooooo weird!! The rest of the game was just a typical Atletico de Madrid game this season. better, but losers. Nothing spectacular and once again they lost. Really sad.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yeah really sad. What a way to lose.. Goals like that happened a few times in Belgium but i thought it was because it was 'only' belgian soccer.. so it could happen.

But NO, even in one of the most important games in one of the best competitions ! UNBELIEVABLE !! That's the only word i have. We would have certainly won this game if that moment didn't happen.. One second in a whole game made us lost this match. This bad year could have end with one little moment of joy but we were not even allowed that :(

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I forgot.. For those who didn't see the game you can see some pictures from it here. There will be my site on atletico soon but i put already some pictures from yesterday's game on it. I have no time for other things because of those stupid exams. 5 weeks of exams and still 1 month to go :(
http://www.atletico.yucom.be

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, these things hapen in the Belgian league, but here! I was really on the floor laughing, since I didn't give a shi who would win, but you, you must have been killing Toni! :)

This moment reminded me of one too cool goal in Belgium, when this defender had the ball and thought the ref had already blown his whistle and therfore slammed the ball with all his might into his own goal. He then turned around and to his amazamnet everyone was laughing, because the ref had pointed at the middle of the field. That was just sooooo cool. I had a really good laugh! :D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
you don't want to know what i was doing and yelliny at Toni ;) Oh man, if i could kill him by watching the TV i probably would have done it. Afterwards i can forget it, these things happen. Who would expect this. ALthough i don't think this should happen on this level. The keeper must always look behind him if there is no one else from the other team.. It's easy to say now but Toni will do it from now on i think.

Yeah that goal was in a game between two teams in relegation ! Luckily for the defender the score was already 1-2 for the opponents and the game was almost finished.. I was also laughing really hard but i found it a shame that players from the other team came to him and were just laughing with him right in his face :( If i was that player where they were laughing with i would probably slammed the guy to the ground !!

Once their was also that the keeper had the ball on his foot and was looking to who he should pass the ball. He was standing on top of the big box (how do you call this ?) and suddenly their came a player from another team from behind him and just take the ball out his feet and scored in an empty net ! The keeper thought the player was outside the field and didn't pay attention to him :)

Also their was once that the keeper had to ball between one arm and his body. A player from another team just headed the ball out his hands and scored ..

You see, belgium league is very entertaining :) :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I can agree on that. I've also seen the most spectacular goal ever in Belgium. Do you remember that one, when there was a freekick and they played it out in this too awesome way - what IO mean is one player took the ball onto his shoe and lobbed it over his back and up ran another guy who volleyed it from some 25 meters! To my shock it went in. That was the really craziest goal I ever saw, because it was so inventive! I mean to lob the ball behind you from a set piece. Awesome! And to score is even better! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yeah, that goal was really awesome ! I couldn't believe it when i saw. When most players here try to take a ball in one time the bal goes totally the different way but this one went perfect ! But i'm wondering if they can do that again ?? I have never seen them try that again. That such a free kick don't goes in all the time i can accept but at least they could have tried it in another game ;)

And the most amazing thing is that these are very often just the medium players who do stuff like this. The guy is now playing somewhere , well i don't even know where he is playing :). He has such a talent but don't work enough for football.. He just wants to do what he likes , there are more players like that who have so much talent but don't make use of it :(
They can give that little 'extra' thing where you come to watch football for!

Did you see Alin Stoica's goal 2 weeks ago ?? A lang range shot from 30-40 metres. The ball bounced on the ground and he just hit it and the ball went with a beatiful lob in the goal.

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited 29-05-2000).]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yeah, Alin is pure class. He has signed a new contract with Anderlecht untill 2002. So we won't see him in Valencia next year but i hope Anderlecht qualifies fot the CL, so we can see him play on the highest level. I think it's better that he first develops some more here and after that he can make his 'big' transfer ..
I hope he plays more next season because it is a shame that he doesn't play that much !

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You bet ye! I sa it and what really pissed me off, was the Eurosport comentators who had doubts wether it was luck or not! It was obvious he was trying to do that and it happened! Really awesome. Alen Stoica may be quite an adition to Valencia if they get him...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
hehe :) :)

DO you think Stoica would have a place in the starting 11 of Valencia ?? Honestly , i don't think so. Maybe when some players are going to leave the club, but right now...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think he would, but he would have a lot of his pals down there in Ilie and Serban :) He should go with Anderlecht for a while, I guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts