Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't generally need to win that badly we're kind of in 3rd spot limbo at the moment, a point will do tbh. But...i can guess how this game will go, just like all our other away games against big teams. Shoddy attack, lost central midfield etc.... We do this all the time. :D

CESAR

MIGUEL - MARCHENA - DEALBERT - ALEXIS

WEDGIES - BANEGA

PABLO H. - SILVA - MATA

DAVID VILLA

Maduro to come in for Albelda, his tough tackling will help break down Atletico attacks.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last few Cauldron visits:

06/07: 0-1 VCF, Vicente beautiful cross!

07/08: 1-0 ATM, Timo Blunder!

08/09: 1-0 ATM, Aguero dive!

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
OOH we are sooo gonna **** them ... it wasnt vicente btw.. if i recall right.. it was vici grande assist to Villa the great

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
I think Chori may get a start, for one of our two wingers, especially after ET. Baraja to partner Éver you'd think. A point here is fine.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OOH we are sooo gonna **** them ... it wasnt vicente btw.. if i recall right.. it was vici grande assist to Villa the great

Yeah, that's what i said Vicente Beautiful cross. Pin-point it was.

and Yeah Blaz, i'd prob expect Chori for Mata, Mata played all game, Joaquin prob for Pablo too.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
If we're going to start Hedwiges in midfield, then I would prefer Fernandes. It would be a risk, but he could atleast win a ball and actually attack aswell. Either that or Baraja who's cool head could help aswell, as he's played some decent matches against Atleti over the years.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
I'm actually quite comfortable with this backline so far:

Cesar

Miguel - Marchena - Dealbert - Alexis

Albelda - Banega​

They don't allow too many counters, because we have long abandoned that retardation of a high backline, and whatever few 1v1 situations arise, Cesar takes care of 'em ;)

We need to get that yellow card of Albelda rescinded, that was nonsense. I doubt it'll happen though.

Cesar

Miguel-Marchena-Dealbert-Alexis

Banega-Baraja

Pablo-Silva/Chori-Mata

Villa​

Perhaps Joaquin deserves a game for his good performance against Brugge, but we need to score if we want something from this match and that's the same reason I'd have Mata on the otherside. Joaquin could come on to inspire in the second half, if Pablo plays a disappointing 50 minutes or so. Couldn't care less who started behind Villa to be honest, both Silva and Chori are well rested, but perhaps Chori deserves the nod for doing slightly better in the last match and he will give us an extra scoring threat, though that would cost us Silva's creativity to find gaps through that sometimes clueless Atleti defense.

I'm expecting a draw at most here. Anything above that would be Brilliant :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Hmm Baraja and Banega will get fcuked off the field theres no strength in that pairing, especialy against big guys like Raul Garcia and Tiago. Baraja is a legend but at this point of his career its like giving us a disadvantage starting him before we've even kicked a ball, the guy can literally barely run anymore. Obviosly Fernandes would be a better option to start with but theres no chance of that happening because Emery is a racist and he doesn't like hip hop. For once we actualy need Albelda but he is suspended so ..... If Navarro is back i would start him with Don Angel and play Marchena in midfield with Banega.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Obviosly Fernandes would be a better option to start with but theres no chance of that happening because Emery is a racist and he doesn't like hip hop
:D

In Australia. I love it, when the black man doesn't get his way it's always racist! :D

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
imagine this

------------Cesarito-------------
Miguel-Marchena-Dealbert---Alexis
-------Albelda---Ever-------------
PabloH.-------Silva----------Chori
-------------Villa-----------------

we are gonna win this.. definitely!!!

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
It's tough, who to drop for Chori. Juan Mata was rampant against Brugges, whilst Pablo.H scored a brace and David Silva is indispensible in Unai's mind it seems. All we can take is from previous matches, it seems like:

Pablo.H/Joaquín - Silva/Chori - Mata/Chori.

·
Valencia's
355 Posts
Drop Mata for this one. We need to be as direct as possible. Mata's wonderful and all but he's not as threating when he has the ball at his feet. We need to have players who can work their way out of problems. Mata seems to pass it too much when he's confronted with a defender.

Bruno upfront.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Hmm Baraja and Banega will get fcuked off the field theres no strength in that pairing, especialy against big guys like Raul Garcia and Tiago. Baraja is a legend but at this point of his career its like giving us a disadvantage starting him before we've even kicked a ball, the guy can literally barely run anymore. Obviosly Fernandes would be a better option to start with but theres no chance of that happening because Emery is a racist and he doesn't like hip hop. For once we actualy need Albelda but he is suspended so ..... If Navarro is back i would start him with Don Angel and play Marchena in midfield with Banega.
Yeah if Navarro is back, that would be a good solution.

Although, like you, I would also prefer to have both Marchena and Fernandes on the pitch ahead of the secondary solution of Marchena and Navarro. Mainly because Marchena has been doing excellently at the back and Navarro would honestly be a step down.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't break the Marchena - Dealbert partnership since they've been great together. You really can see when Marchena has a leader besides him (Dealbert) then he grows just like during the double and during the Euros.

Albelda's card won't be lifted, it's quite obvious and I'm even doubting Valencia are trying to do it aswell. I think that Unai will start Baraja - Ever. Even though Baraja is old and past it, I hope he can make it during one game!

1 - 20 of 311 Posts