Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon guys!! A group of young brave
Basques destroy the economic powers represented in a selection of the best (and best paid) players in the world and not a dedicated thread for it!

31 years later Athletic Txapeldun!!!! :cool:

I know this is not our favourite title but trust me this was very important, not only winning but doing it this way. We needed this, too many finals lost lately. This will be a turning point.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Let's hope so Iribar. It's important and very nice...

... but still I prefer good results next Thursday in Slovakia and next Sunday in San Mames honestly.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I am very happy especially given to the fact that we smashed Barcelona, which I really dislike. :)

I really hope there will be Gabarra fiestas because I am in Bilbao now and that would be so nice to see this...

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
I kinda have mixed feelings about this trophy win...

On one hand it's nice to win something again and especially in the way we have... but... its only a two team competition (which we literally only played in to make the numbers up). We should definitely celebrate it but not too much. Don't know how seriously the Super Cup is taken in Spain, but if Everton or Newcastle celebrated winning the Charity Shield like it was the World Cup the rest of England would find it a little embarrassing. Also we have an important match on Thursday...

However, as Iribar stated, it's an important win as the long drought was clearly a burden on the players. Hopefully this will be a platform to winning some proper silverware - the Europa League would be great!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Stop being over analytical boys, we have just won a trophy so let's celebrate for a while :musik:

First, it's a two team competition, but you have to at least reach Copa final to get there.

Second, we ****ing beat the best team Europe & Spain in a two-leg tie by 4 goals!!! The team that has been annoyingly destroying us in cup finals for some time.

Third, it's an amazing confidence booster, which is exactly what we need at the beginning of the season.

Fourth, for most of us it is the only trophy we have seen Athletic winning, better enjoy it, who knows when it happens again? Any excuse to celebrate is a good excuse :angel:

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Congrats guys! Well deserved. For some reason doesnt hurt that much losing to you all.

Secondly OT (please dont shoot me FMs) but this is the time of the year again when you can be part of the best Spanish Fantasy game on the internet. Interested? Drop in with a word or two on the link below.

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=244339&page=7

·
Registered
254 Posts
absolutely blown away!

i actually got to see both matches.

overjoyed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts