Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
That sounds interesting. I have a brother in Boise. Maybe I'll have to save my pennies and go. That ugly blue turf is disgusting, I hope they leave the grass on it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I learned more about the situation.

Knowwonnose, they will sew a FIFA-approved layer of natural sod on top of the blue artificial surface at Albertson's Stadium if Athletic does come.

I say IF because it's not a sure thing yet. If Athletic wins the Copa final, then a Europa League GROUP STAGE spot will have been secured and they will surely come to Boise.

However, if Athletic loses the Copa final, then it gets dicey. Here's why:

If Athletic were to lose May 30 but still finish 7th in league, they would get a Europa League spot, but instead of the group stage, they would be in the THIRD QUALIFYING ROUND. This season, the first leg took place July 31. If that repeats itself, preparing for that will undoubtedly take precedence over a trip to the USA to play an exhibition.

Of course, if Athletic loses the Copa final AND finish below 7th, then they would also come to the USA in July. But I'm hoping the first scenario takes place. ;)

·
4,421 Posts
I would like to play a MLS team, for example Seattle Sounders but it is inpossible in that day

Some time ago they where talking to make a USA/Mexico tour with 2 or 3 friendly matches

·
Registered
267 Posts
Boise is a great place for them. Many Basque immigrants settled there and in the Reno area.

Urziaz20: That's how I understood it. I just wish they'd leave it there permanently. The blue turf is horrible to watch on TV and my alma mater, Colorado State University, plays there every other year. Maybe Athletic should make a turf that is Red and White stripes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts