Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today Athletic´s game started at a strange hour (Saturday at 6) and since today I can only follow it via radio I will post the news here.

2 protagonists today, Carlos Gurpegi and Roberto Pampín. Athletic players have appeared in the field with a shirt saying "Gurpegi Justice" while there have been around 35,000 placards in the stands with "Gurpegi 18" on it. Pampín is Athletic´s goalie today since Aranzubia is sanctioned and Lafuente injured.

Athletic misses Etxeberria, Lafuente, Javi González, Oskar Vales and Lacruz for injury and Aranzubia and Del Horno for sanction. Fortunately Orbaiz and Murillo is back.

This is the lineup:

.......................Pampín

Iraola..........Murillo.......L.Prieto.......Javi Casas

..................Orbaiz......Gurpegi

Arriaga...............Yeste.............Ezquerro

........................Urzaiz

Athletic is winning 1-0 since minute 6 thanks to a great counter-attack started by Pampín and ended by Santi Ezquerro with a brilliant goal, one of his typicall fantastic goals which enter so slowly in the goal that´s not recomended for people suffering from the heart.

Athletic is controlling the game and having chances but Racing had a couple too, apparently is a beautiful game.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao

GURPEGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!

2-0!!!!

Aupa Gurpe!!!!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Athletic is passing over Racing, Aguate is making some great saves. We have to kill this game as soon as possible because if Racing scores a goal we can remember the phantoms of Erreala´s game although this game has nothing to do with the one in Anoeta.

Mention that the former Athletizale Aritz Aduriz has just scored the 1-0 for Valladolid against Celta, Zorionak Aritz!:cool:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Halftime: 2-0

Athletic is clearly superior, hope we don´t suffer in the second half.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
It better stay 2-0 for the sake of my BPL predictions. How's Yeste playing? We didn't get this game on down here - Espanyol vs. Aleti is on instead.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hehe, for my prediction Athletic still needs to score a couple of goals. And even if Racing doesn´t score and I loose my prediction I won´t care.;)

I´m not watching the game, just the goals, but apparently Yeste is doing well, as the whole team but Ezquerro, Iraola and Gurpegi have been the best as in the last games. Also Pampín is doing well, with confidence.

The second half starts as the first, with Athletic dominating and having chances, possible penalty to Gurpegi the referee didn´t see.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BAKALAO BAKALAO BAKALAO!!

ISMA URZAIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great play between Orbaiz and Iraola, fantastic assist by Iraola and great finishing by Urzaiz.:cool:

Matabuena for Anderson and Arizmendi for Morán in Racing.

Tiko for Yeste in Athletic.

3-0!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carlos Gurpegi leaves the field under a great ovation, the Gurpegi 18 placards up and the whole stadium screaming his name, Aupa Gurpe!

Endika Bordas enters for him for the last minutes.

After today´s victory I think I´ll have to do this every weekend.:D

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Game ended, Athletic Club 3-0 Racing Santander

Why can´t we play like this away from San Mamés?:mad:

The points given by the radio:

Pablo Orbaiz 3 pts
Santi Ezquerro 2 pts
Carlos Gurpegi 1 pt

Once I watch the resume I´ll give my impressions but well, if everyone agrees Aguate (Racing´s goalie) was MOM you can more or less imagine how it was...;)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Txupa said:
Once I watch the resume I´ll give my impressions but well, if everyone agrees Aguate (Racing´s goalie) was MOM you can more or less imagine how it was...;)
Must have been a fun game to watch, with lots of shots and pressure on the goal.

btw,
Is there any DVD's about Athletic that I can buy?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I watched the game resume and there´s nothing much to add, Athletic played well, was clearly superior to a bad Racing and deserved more goals. The 3 goals are worth watching, the first is pure class, the second is pure passion,;) and the third is nice too, maybe we are so used to Isma doing that we don´t see how difficult it is, also Iraola´s dribbling on Regueiro in that play and his center are worth watching.

Some things to mention, how much this teams improves with Murillo in the defense instead of Karanka, there´s no color. Also Orbaiz is extremely important in this team, specially with Tiko´s bad form, he´s the brain of the team, one of the few players who move the ball with such a sense and class, and it´s almost impossible he looses a ball. Urzaiz current goals form, 2nd in the pitxitxi table after Eto´o and Ezquerro´s brilliant form although he continues scoring the difficult and missing the easy ones, he´ll never change.:D Gurpegi, after all what he has passed this week he continues demonstrating he´s a lion.:proud: Special mention to Pampín, he didn´t have much work but he seemed calmed and confident, something necessary after what happened last week.

And I want to mention Javi Casas´ game, even more because he´s a player I have criticize, but yesterday he had a great game. I say this with caution because probably Racing isn´t the best rival to measure him but yesterday he closed his wing in defense, had a couple of great centers in attack that were 1/2 a goal and almost scores one, so with caution and desire of watching him against a better rival I really hope we have a Primera player here. Why? Because we need someone when Del Horno doesn´t play, and because I´m sure having competence for his position will improve Asier´s performances, he often lacks concentration.

On the negative side I have to mention Yeste, he slower than normal (I thought that was impossible) I don´t know if he´s tired or what but he isn´t the same as a month ago. Thing is he has so much class he can offer a lot of things to the team even in bad form, as was the nice FK he took headed by Gurpegi to the net.

BTW, I comitted a mistake, Racing´s goalie name is Aouate, not Aguate, I´m sorry.

Justice!

Aupa Pampín!;)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bilbao2brooklyn said:
Is there any DVD's about Athletic that I can buy?
But what do you mean, games, history...? I think they have a couple of DVDs in the official stores, don´t know if can be bought via internet. Also, you have Kepa Junkera´s Athletic Bihotzez CD+book+DVD that´s just on sale this week.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Txupa said:
But what do you mean, games, history...? I think they have a couple of DVDs in the official stores, don´t know if can be bought via internet. Also, you have Kepa Junkera´s Athletic Bihotzez CD+book+DVD that´s just on sale this week.
actually All of those things.
I would especially love a history of Athletic dvd.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can´t help you,:( at least in the store of the web page it doesn´t appear anything. I know there are several books about Athletic´s history but don´t really know about DVDs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts