Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kaixo everyone! Hope everyone's having a great day, especially Athletic as they train to prepare for Osasuna on Saturday! Huge game, again and one that we simply must have considering both teams places in the standings. Would be a nice way to escape the doldrums of the past few months...

Just wanted everyone to know that I've started an Athletic Club blog called Butchers of Bilbao. Here's the link.

http://butchersofbilbao.blogspot.com/

Feel free to comment, contribute, but most of all enjoy. I'll still be active here as well, just wanted another avenue to put down my thoughts. I still consider this place the birth place of my existance as an Athletic fan. I used to come here and read posts despite not actually being able to watch the matches and my love for the team grew just from reading those posts. So my own blog wouldn't have been possible without all of you and I want to share it with you. And please, suggestions, comments, and/or constructive criticism are of course gladly appreciated!

Thanks!

Aupa Athletic!

·
Registered
947 Posts
I am looking at it, and I really enjoy reading it. :thumbsup:

Somehow, I am a bit jealous, because I would like to have something like that, too, but I cannot express myself that good as you can (especially not in the English language!). But still, if I am welcomed to contribute to this blog I would like to give it a try when I have time.

Again, really nice reading.
That picture of that Athletic-player laying on the pitch, desperately, makes me cry... the whole situation at Athletic makes me cry... :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the kind words, Lucie.

You are German, correct? You should make a German blog for Athletic. I doubt there are too many of those around. You definitely have the passion for the club to make it possible. And yes, if you feel like writing something please do and send it to me and I'll put it up on the site. I can even clean up the English for you if you'd like.

Yes, quite a sad photo. Fits the current atmosphere around Athletic pretty well, too well actually. We desperately need to turn things around and Saturday is the perfect opportunity. Of course, I've been saying this for weeks now with little to no change. We need Ekiza back, and quick!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Nice one Star, keep it up, hopefully the forum will give you even more inspiration ;).

Feel free to post your updates in this topic I'd say.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Knoert! Most definitely, this forum always gives me inspiration and will always be the place I consider home when it comes to talking about Athletic. This place is like a dysfunctional family but just like any dysfunctional family, you can't help but love one another haha

I will gladly post my updates here. I was thinking about doing that but didn't want to keep posting new topics and such. Thanks for the offer and I will gladly post any content I have here.

Now, how bout we kick some ass this Saturday?!

Aupa Athletic!

·
Registered
947 Posts
We'll kick some 'Osasunian' ass. :D Hopefully....

Thank you for the kind words, Lucie.

You are German, correct? You should make a German blog for Athletic. I doubt there are too many of those around. You definitely have the passion for the club to make it possible. And yes, if you feel like writing something please do and send it to me and I'll put it up on the site. I can even clean up the English for you if you'd like.
Thank you for the offer.. I don't know how to create a blog by myself and I wonder if there are any people who would read that in the German language. I am Belgian-German, anyways. ;)

When I have time, I will try to contribute something. Maybe a match-experience because I'll fly to Bilbao in a few days and try to attend the Valencia-game (hopefully I get tickets... Athletic is the only reason why I do this - am scared of flying...). Yeah, that sounds good. If everything works out, I will write something about the match versus Valencia. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much pedro, I'm glad you enjoy it. This really is for all you guys and the other Athletizale out there. I'll definitely do my best to keep it up. The kind words from everyone make it much easier.

I actually just finished posting the third and final part of the piece I've been running the last few days. This time I take a look at how we can try and fix this thing before time runs out. I have to run to work, but here's the link. Enjoy everybody and have a great day!

http://butchersofbilbao.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-definition-of-insanity-part-iii.html

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great blog, Starrionuevo. Totally in agreement with what you've said as well. Look forward to reading future submissions (hopefully not on matches in the Segunda - unless you are discussing Bilbao Athletic!)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excellent win yesterday despite not being the greatest performance in the world. Hopefully it's the start of better days for Athletic. Here's my wrap up from yesterday's action. Always nice to beat a rival! Knoert, turns out your prediction was the more accurate one! Way to have faith! :thumbsup:

http://butchersofbilbao.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-win-is-win-athletic-beat-osasuna-1-0.html

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Aupa Athletic!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Great read Star.

I think one of the most disappointing aspects of the season is the fact that 8th place in La Liga,by my calculations,COULD be enough to secure a European place.

Malaga are banned and the two Copa finalists will also have CL places meaning 8th place qualifies.

We should have been in at least that position and it would have been so great to have Euro footy in the new stadium.

Lets just hope it isn't La Segunda football!

Can't wait to see the back of this season and those who have steered us to the brink of disaster.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for checking it out tarquin!

Very good point about the team having possibly been able to compete for a Europa spot this season. Of all the disappointments this season, I think the most disappointing thing is having to be realistic and realize that at this point survival is the only thing that matters. Talk about setting the bar low!

As the buildup for the game on Sunday continues, and as I wonder how the hell I'm going to wake up that early after a night of partying and work soon to follow Athletic's game, I was feeling a bit nostalgic. Hope you all enjoy!

http://butchersofbilbao.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-butcher-of-bilbao-and-maradona.html

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you very much Finrod! Much appreciated! The only present I really want for my birthday is for Athletic to put a whooping on Valencia at San Mames once and for all!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts