Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me clarify. It's 8M up front, but there are 4M euro more to be made if he reaches incentives. Five-year deal in total.

One year late, but at least they're starting to do something with the money they got for Javimar.

http://www.marca.com/2013/05/15/futbol/equipos/betis/1368628161.html

I still think we need a better left back (Aurte is not cutting it) and another striker now that Llorente is gone. 2013-14 projected roster:

Gorka Iraizoz

Andoni Iraola - Mikel San José - Borja Ekiza - Jon Aurtenetxe

Beñat Etxebarria

Markel Susaeta - Óscar De Marcos - Ander Herrera - Iker Muniain

Aritz Aduriz​

Bench:
GK Raúl Fernández
DF Jonás Ramalho
DF Aymeric Laporte
MF Ander Iturraspe
MF Ibai Gómez
FW Gaizka Toquero
FW ?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
*plus 5 m €

Still it is not official, but let's hope it will be. It says that there are talks only so far, so I can't be optimistic I think that any signing won't be announced till the end of the season, so let's be more patient.

With that squad, and without any European competition, I believe that we should have high expectations. I would like Laporte as a starter and San Jose as a DM and Beñat to have more freedom in the midfield. Also, we can't really say anything about our tactis-we still don't know who will be our coach next season.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Confirmed? Really? That is great news. Think it's a good price. Did expect it to might happen, but not to a decent price!
About time we got some good news on the transfer front...

·
Registered
998 Posts
Urrutia said the rumours are false

Hope he looks into other possible reinforcements: Raul Garcia, Balenziaga, Etxeita, Mikel Rico?

Even tho I have my doubts about Raul Garcia's personality, he would be a great addition to the squad, maybe the best out of the 5 above mentioned players

Etxeita is a no-brainer in my opinion, we have to give him another chance

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Why don't we open a thread about all the summer news? The season is already finished for our team it seems.

I say that because I've just read that Ander's representative is supposed to have talked with Barcelona concerning a transfer.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't mind. And the original report said 4M euro before Marca changed it to 5M and added the "aunque sin firmar..." wording.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I read somewhere that Amorebieta is gonna join fulham and it is kind of done,I don't know if anybody talked about that before or not,but is it done?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Just to qualify my last remark.

Our priority is a goal scorer..that is patent.

I actually think our ridiculous style of play,which NONE of the players like,of building from short passes from the back overly and unfairly exposes our back line.

Coupled with that the lack of cover in the middle when we go forward only exacerbates the dilemma.

I'd like to see SJ play in the middle with Itur and see how that progresses or even play with three CH's and let the full backs roam as much as they want...any space left being covered by the extra defender.

We have been in the position we have almost all season..the table shows that ergo the current system we play isn't sustainable...that is obvious to all.

Lets regroup,reassess and rebuild and treat each match/opposition on merit...not walk in and play the same crap time after time.
#
As I alluded to earlier,we don't surprise teams with different formations merely go through the same montions game after game which obviously leaves us vulnerable.

We surprised teams last year but not any more.

Time to move on.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Whilst I'm at I think,contrary to most on here who buy into the Athletic propaganda,El Rey Leon has been treated deploraby.

Players like him come along so very often for us and little was done to keep him.

Bad enough.Not content with that,the club proceeded to besmirched him to a disgusting extent.

He retained his dignity throughout.

The sooner the Urrutia/Bielsa regime ends the better.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
LOL!

About the squad, there have to be exits because there must be room for signgins (Beñat?, Sola?, Balenziaga?) and promotions (Ramalho, Galarreta, Laporte... Aketxe?, Arrizabalaga?, Saborit?, Morán?, Albizua?, Guillermo?, Peña?, Eguaras?, Etxeberria?...)

So my guess is that appart from Llorente and Amorebieta plus the usual suspects (Xabi Castillo and Igor Martínez raise your hand) we'll see some unexpected exits...

·
Registered
133 Posts
LOL!

About the squad, there have to be exits because there must be room for signgins (Beñat?, Sola?, Balenziaga?) and promotions (Ramalho, Galarreta, Laporte... Aketxe?, Arrizabalaga?, Saborit?, Morán?, Albizua?, Guillermo?, Peña?, Eguaras?, Etxeberria?...)

So my guess is that appart from Llorente and Amorebieta plus the usual suspects (Xabi Castillo and Igor Martínez raise your hand) we'll see some unexpected exits...
Maybe we shouldn't talk about who we want? Instead talk about who we want to keep?

My special ones are Iraola, Ekiza, Laporte, Muniain, Herrera, Ibai, Aduriz. If anyone of these guys leave I will be very disappointed.

1 - 20 of 311 Posts