Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calciomercato mentions today that a final decicion has been taken on his doping case. Could you PLEASE enlighten me on the news from Brazil ?
Calciomercato also says that he will sign with Juve in the next few days :). Any info on that will also be appreciated.

Ciao.

D

·
0 Posts
i heard inter has joined the race to sign athirson.as a juve fan,i am really afraid inter would snatch him from juve. what club do you think Athirson would prefer? inter or juve??

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AMO; Are you saying that because you don't want Juve to get a great left midfield :) ?
Seriously Inter has bought Brocchi, Serena is back and did a good job last season, Zanetti is there, Georgatos is still there too and I can't remember anymore, but since it's Inter I would suspect they have more options still.
Seedorff and Farinos can both play the right wing as well, but if it's only about money Moratti is tough man to beat.
Having said that- Juve pays their players more than Inter does (on average), while Inter is clearly more aggressive concerning transfer fees.

Ze- If you get the Brazilian news there must be some indications right ? Who's mentioned more ?

Ciao.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Glen,
haven't seen more rumours on that...specially cause Ronaldo is saying all his love wishes to Flamengo and that's what's mainly on TV concerning Flamengo.
But the BRazilian news have never mentioned INter has a buy, only Marseille (i doubt), Barcelona and Juventus (the main candidate), this of course in the run of about 3 months. I think he will go to Juventus who have shown the most interest on him!
Is he famous in Italy already Glen, or even in Europe?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ze.
No- I don't think that many people know about Athirson's talent here. Not the "average" fan anyway.
He was mentioned as a hot trade item in a Danish sportspaper recently (they seldom talk about anything but United so it's definately a surprise), and he was labelled the next Roberto Carlos.
So I suppose he's carying some kind of reputation, but South American football isn't available for that many of us I suppose, and that's why there's not many people who have actually seen him play.

Ciao.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
calciomercato: The Flamengo defender Athirson can't play for the next two weeks. In the next days, he'll submited to a surgery to remove a menbrane from his left eye retina.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well- at least we have Tacchinardi :).
Seriously- Pessotto will NEVER be a succesfull model- I KNOW :) , but Zizou isn't that ugly is he ? I watched the EURO semi and final with a bunch of girls present, and they said he looked cool the balding aside. What do I know ? the girls were striking enough to be picky :).
Conte is Captain Marvel :). Not striking, but his reptile eyes do provide a coolness-level above most others.

Ciao.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Club directors at Juventus have announced that they have a pre-contract agreement with left-back Athirson, of Flamengo. According to the club, the Brazilian player will join them on January 1st 2001, the day after his contract with Fla ends. "The pre-contract has already been signed and there still exists the possibility that he will go to Juventus before January next year", said juventus' director-general Luciano Moggi.

The value of the negotiation has not been released, but Italian press speculation says that the club will pay aroun US$15 million for the star, considered in Italy to be the natural successor to Roberto Carlos. It appears that his upcoming doping trial has had no bearing on the transaction.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Flamengo star Athirson has revealed in an interview that he feels hurt and betrayed by the club over their perceived lack of support during his doping trial. The left-back will meet a tribunal this week to receive judgement after alledgedly being found to have used a banned substance, but says his relationship with the club is at breaking point and, certain that he was sabotaged, does not exclude the club from the list of suspects. When asked if he believed the club could have done it to devalue the player and force him to stay, he would only reply "Maybe yes, maybe no. If I knew the truth I would say it".

The player has complained of the constant declarations from club directors which state that the renovation of his contract depends on the player himself. "From one hour to the next they've put all of the responsibility on me. If I leave, the fans are going to think that I've gone because I resolved to leave the club. Both sides must assume responsibility if a transfer happens", he stated. Athirson doesn't hide the fact that he is thinking of moving to Europe as soon as possible, and revealed that English club Arsenal have put in the biggest offer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts