22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calciomercato:

Brazil - Athirson for Juventus?

According to the Brazilan press Flamengo's wide
player Athirston is negotiating behind his club's
and his agent's back to join Juve for 20 billion
lire.

20 billion lire is app. 11,5 mill.$ and I guess this is very cheap. Some weeks it was mentioned that Athirson didn't want to sign a contract extension, but I guess my point is that I would like some confirmation from you Ze (or anybody reading Brazilian papers).

You know that this purchase would signify a new left wing for Juve and I guess AMO and my Lazio friends would be a bit scared facing someone more talented than Pessotto... on top of all the rest :).

Ciao

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Glen,
taht Athirson will go to europe now or afterwards is a sureness.
BUt i have not read anything on him. Flamengo said that they wanted to keep Athirson, specially because he is the only real good player that they have, and the supporters are gonna go mad, specially for that kind of price.
It will not be good for them to sell Athirson now, (I doubt he will be punished for the doping), and his price would increase considerably after the Olympics , cause the world will see him play for the first time...and people will start saying: "oh no, another brazilian, and he is better than Roberto Carlos, i cannot believe this". And then Flamengo wil be able to get much more money for him!:)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly- when I picked Flamengo as my team I also had Athirson in mind (not only that embarrising mistake with Romario :(). Having said that I have NO problem with us breaking every moral rule in the book if it means we get a better left wing than R. Carlos. We do need him- that's for sure. Under FIFA regulations it's not allowed to hold talks with aplayer who's still under contract unless there's only 6 months left of it, but I'm uncertain about the duration of Athirson's contract.
If Juve goes by the book there's not 6 months left, and then he would be free after the Olympics- propably at new year, but Juve would want him from the start of the season.
Having said that it's a big hint at lack of credibility when Calciomercato suggests that Athirson is acting behind the back of his club and agent. How on earth can a player decide the transfer fee ?

On the other hand Agnelli said today that a big signing was on it's wa, and that it wasn't Vieri, Crespo or anelka- so what do you know ?

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Vieira Glen,Vieira!

If you take Vieira I will start believeing the rumors about Crespo again and picturing Iuliano and Tacchinardi with a Parma shirt.Although Tacchinardi would be a sub.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AMO; I seriously do not want that to happen even if Crespo and Vieira coming instead of Tacchinardi and Iuliano would make us a better team.
You and I both know Juve's policy of having many Italians well enough to know, that it's unrealistic to sell two Italians (1 International the other ought to be) to get 2 foreigners.

Well- it's the silly season....

Ciao.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Didn't someone today say to Crespo: see you in five days, hmm ?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Well,I think that at least one of them will end in Parma IF you get Crespo...Iuliano is a long time target.As for Tacchinrdi,we dont really need him because he would be a sub anyway...not that I would mind having this kind of subs.:)

What do you mean Alexx?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I wish we sell him.I had enough of these scenarios.Crespo worths double of his rel value right now and he wants to leave,Cragnotti is crazy enough to give them,well,grab the m,oney and run.They can give us Salas or we can buy a forward of our choice (I want a TRUCK like Jardel or Milosevic,but I wouldnt mind Montella)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Glen,
I don't know until when his contract goes, but i'll check some brazilian sites on Athirson.
But Flamengo have prohibeted Athirson to make any interviews since friday, after his doping news came out, so I dubt they'll be anything out their!
NOw if he is doing what Edmundo did with Lazio and MIlan at the start of the year he is a very thick person. His agent is Marlene Mattos (she is the businesswomen of Xuxa a famou TV presenter that has dated Pele and Senna) and she is a very good negotiator + Reinaldo Pitta and Alexandre MArtins (Ronaldo's agents) are dealing something for him....and all those 2 think about is MONEY. And Athirson is not worth 11 million, he is worth much more.
+ with his skill I doubt he will play as left back in Italy, they will put him n midfield after some time, like they did with a certain Leovegildo in Torino known to the world simply as "Junior".:) the master of beach soccer!:)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Athirson second dope test is negative.

Flamengo are clinging to hopes that Athirson could be vindicated from his doping charge after a second test proved negative - although doctors insist that the test was purely to know if the drug Femproporex was still evident in the players' system. "Tests indicates that (the drug) can be detected up to 170 hours or one week after it's ingestion, but as nothing was detected we will continue to investigate" said Walter Martins, doctor at Flamengo.

Flamengo still maintain that the drug, an appetite inhibitor used for weight loss, can only have got into the player by accident or sabotage. The CBF disagree, and the player remains suspended for now - and could face a ban of up to a year.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ze; Everything you tell me about Athirson only makes me want him more.
As you said he would not be used as a left back (not with Juve anyway).
We play 3-4-1-2 and he would replace Pessotto on left midfield. He would have to defend his flank obviously, but he would add alot of offense to our dead side. Pessotto is great at defending. Unfortunately it's pretty much all he does.

Ciao.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
That formation is even better for Athirson!
He will simply storm Europe if you give him a free role on the left....his skills are much better than Roberto Carlos, his dribling is very good.
He has scored 14 goals this season, almost the same amount as Flamengo's new center forward Reinaldo, who is tiped to go to the olympics for Brazil!
As for the sabotage thing, I had that in the back of my mind, speacially cause he got caught 2 days before the final with Vasco, and Vasco's board are very dominant and influential inside CBF, and taking Athirson out would be the best thing any team could do to beat flamengo.
BY theway glen, Flamenog play 4-4-2 like every Brazilian team!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ze honestly I cant believe you sometimes...wasnt nyou blaming Spain for "always playing that boring 4-4-2 which never changes"? and now you tell me the wehole Brsazil plays 4-4-2? :)

By the way,if you have ever seen Pessotto play you will never say someone boring...that bald sleeping pill is the worst player I've ever seen at doing everything but sticking to his opponent like glue.Really bad...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But he really is human super glue isn't he AMO ? Ask Fuser- he should know :).

Ze; 14 goals :) ? Much better skill than Roberto Carlos :) ?
I know you're propably overestimating him because he still plays in Brazil :) but I must admit that I'm drooling right now...:).

Ciao.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
AMOROSO, READ MY POSTS CORRECTLY BEFORE YOU COMMENT!
I said Spain play a boring 4-4-2 because their players always stay in the smae position!
In Brazil players rotate, full backs advance, they opwn space to each other, something the Spanish team was not doing in the Norway game.
If someone plays 442, 352, 3412, or whatever , the sucess depends of to things, SPEED AND MOBILITY!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Glen,
A lot of people in Brazil rate him more than roberto carlos (including me, but RC got more experience), even Pele (althogh that does not count, cause Pele always says loads of garbage!!):)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts