Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Athirson (Flamengo) is being accused by CBF of doping.
This is terrible news, as he is gonna be the best left back of Brazil, even better than Roberto Carlos.
Let's hope nothing happens to him, we will need him a lot in the pre olympic!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Hi Ze. Do you or anyone else know what kind of doping Athirson has alledgedly taken ?
As he's a Juve target maybe this makes it easier for us to get him if he get's a long suspension in Brazil.
I don't want him if it's serious stuff, but if he's been caught puffing away at a joint I couldn't care less.

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
this is just what i did not need: another reason for luxemburgo to keep a talented, wonderful, exciting player out of the brazil team.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Athirson off Brazilian squad

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (June 16, 2000 7:36 p.m. EDT http://www.sportserver.com) - Athirson is off Brazil's national team for its next World Cup qualifier after testing positive for stimulants, replaced Friday by Evanilson.

Athirson was suspended for 29 days by the Brazilian soccer federation because a post-game test on May 31 showed traces of a stimulant usually found in medicines to control weight.

Brazil plays Uruguay at Rio de Janeiro on June 28.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's medicine a biut complicated.
I think he will get away with it.....its just that the medicine he is taking for 2 years has some effects that excite him on the pitch. BUt he did not know that.
He is suspended for 29 days, and afer the judgement he might get a 4 month to one year suspension.
But I think he wil get away with it, he is vital for a gold medal, he is the best player of brazil's most popular club, he is a very cool guy, always smiling. etc..
I hope he gets away with it, he does not deserve it.
If yu guys want him, now is the time, speacially after the olympics his price will sky rock...cause he is better than roberto Carlos in my opinion.
He has scored 14 goals this year alone, playing at left back!:) Probably the highest scoring left back of the world this year!:)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
The CBF Press Office released a report on Thursday (15/06) provided by the institution's doping committee. The document, signed by the president of the committee, Dr.Tanus Nagem, states that traces of a prohibited substance were found in the urine sample taken from Athirson - left winger for Flamengo and the National team. The player is more than likely to be suspended for a period of 30 days.

The exam was carried out by LADETEC-UFRJ from samples collected before the Flamengo 1 - 1 Bahia match in the Copa do Brasil on 31 May in Maracana.

Traces of Para-Hidroxi-Femproporex were found in Athirson's urine sample. According to Dr.Nagem, this substance can be found in appetite inhibiting drugs.

"The laboratory tested the sample in the presence of Dr.Walter Martins, Flamengo's doctor, and the presence of the anorexigenic was found, which can be found in appetite inhibitors and can also be a stimulant ". said Dr Tanus.

According to the document released by the Doping Committee, although the substance is prohibited in the CBF Doping Control Regulations, this does not characterise as a case of doping of an athlete, which can only be proved by a qualified tribunal.

In articles 91 and 93 of the Brazilian Football Disciplinary Code, it is stated that an athlete has tested positive in the two exams is suspended for at least 30 days.

Sporting Justice Tribunal president, Luís Zveiter added that he already knows about the case, but is awaiting the official document before commenting any further on disciplinary action. When this happens, a TJD lawyer has to present a report on the matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts