Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that it will be a very difficult game for us. We will be without Sheva, Pippo and Cafu :sob: Atalanta has shown signs of improvement in their last 2 games. It will be difficult.

Forza Milan :devil:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
the team should be aware that, despite the special meaning of :star:derby:star:, milan-inter is as important as milan-atalanta in the scudetto race. No lack of concentration should be allowed.

Hope to see Dhorasso, Ambro and Tommo get their chance though.

Cafu's suspension is good for the brazilian indeed, as he can save energy for the tough ManUtd match ahead.

my lineup,

-------------dida---------------
stam----billy---nesta----pancaro
vikash--seedorf-ambro---serginho
---------tommo-crespo----------

to rest many first-teamers are always a risk, but IMO the tie with ManUtd is MUCH more important than this match. Surely it contains 3 points but we still have 10+ league matches ahead. While CL is a knock-out game.

with this lineup we can rest the indispensible pirlo, also providing the team an opportunity to learn to play without Andrea. maybe seedorf playmaking in Andrea's postion while having sergi/vikash on the wings could be a solution when Pirlo is ever unavailable. we need a top-fit pirlo for the ManUtd game more than anyone else.

with :star:Billy:star:, a clean-sheet is guaranteed:devil::stuckup:, we only need some flashes of the forward to clinch in with 1:0. Then focus on the CL 2nd leg.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
We'll be playing another team in nerazzurro colors within the space of a week, and this nerazzurro team we'll be facing next can claim the undisputed title of the "real" Nerazzurri of Italian football :D

We'll be without Cafu, Sheva, and Ancelotti will probably rotate the team in view of the ManU game... Let's hope Pippo will see some action against his old team. The real Nerazzurri are bottom, fighting for points... Some of our boys may even have their minds already on the ManU game... I'm pessimistic about The Derby Part II :scared:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
To win Lo Scudetto Milan has to beat the likes of Atalanta away from home.
To quote "Good Morning Vietnam": Atalanta "sucks the sweat off a deads mans balls" ;)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Atalanta have some very talented players and have been unlucky to be so low in the standings. They are capable of pulling off a suprise especially when they are doing the typical last place team dash towards saftey. They won't make it, but they'll be over acheivers here on till the end of the season so I would be careful and not cocky.

Off course they could get creamed.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Atalanta has 18 points, 3 wins, 9 draws and 14 losses this year. They have yet to win away from home. At home they have 3 wins, 6 draws and 4 (soon 5 ;) ) losses.

Luck or no luck, they are by far the weakest side in Serie A this year. I am not trying to be cocky and say we cannot loose points to Atalanta, only that this is a must win game and there are no excuses for not achieving this.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I am sorry too for any misunderstanding :)

I am just fed up with before every game, regardless of the opposition, allways hearing "they are a good team, this will be a difficult game" :rolleyes: Platitudes like that benefits noone, but neither does over-confidence. Confidence is a good thing though. I would love to hear Carletto say "Our objective is to beat the living crap out of this team, to send a message to all of serie A that the Scudetto is ours" ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
It is always difficult to play against a team like Atalanta if you have just won against ManU and Inter. I hope Milan stays focused!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Yeah really i think Milan will do great, i hope we score more goals than 1 ;)
But we should do some movements on the right in the absence of cafu!!
maybe tomasson will go in..
What about Kaladze, he left the Derby injured! Is it sth serious!!
maybe we'll change a little to 3-4-1-2
dida
Stam-Nesta_Capitanno
Gatusso_Pirlo_Seedorf_Dhorasso or Ambrossini
Kaka
Tomasson_Crespo!!

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
It is Milan's game to lose. While they do need to stay focused after the last two wins, and I do not expect it to be a very attractive game, it also does not help to be too cautious and conservative.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Diavolo said:
Atalanta has shown signs of improvement in their last 2 games.
they scored three goals last round(one of them in the last minutes), we gotta be cautious the least

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Mass-resting is always a tough decision... even if Carletto rests players we should still have enough to beat Atalanta...... I'd certainly like to see Dhorasoo given a role.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
luba said:
they scored three goals last round(one of them in the last minutes), we gotta be cautious the least
Wise words Luba :stuckup:

1 - 20 of 138 Posts