Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we should play with De Ce as a left back and Gio as aleft wing and give Iaquinta a chance to start because Del Piero needs a rest. I would also rest momo and start with Zanettino and Marchisio Ok?

·
Registered
17,536 Posts
Idk guys, if Ranieri is playing DC as a winger ahead of Gio, i don't know how much playing time the latter is going to get in any context.

That's got to be frustrating for the kid.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I think we should play with De Ce as a left back and Gio as aleft wing and give Iaquinta a chance to start because Del Piero needs a rest. I would also rest momo and start with Zanettino and Marchisio Ok?
I totally agree with you :).
Well, almost. Considering that DP was rested against Lecce and only had a short stint in the CL, I think Amauri has earned the rest more. Also because I want/need/crave to see how DP and Giovinco play together.

·
Registered
34,458 Posts
What rest are you talking about boys, there is no midweek action and this is going to be the last match before winter break.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Atalanta are not easy to figure out this season. On their day, they can be tricky and nick a good result, especially in Bergamo. It's typically the sort of opponent that can make us struggle.

·
Administrator
52,991 Posts
Indeed they can be, not that they were last season, the 4-0 drubbing we gave them last season with Ale hattrick is one my finest highlights last season :shades:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They say maybe IQ and CAMO will not be able to make it to the game. I would have loved to see IQ starting this game to give our strikers a rest. OK?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I think this is a little risky, but then again, i think any game without sissoko is risky.

I would start with Sissoko for sure, molinaro on left back, de ceglie infront of molinaro and giovinco for del piero. Nedved should definately be ready to enter at any time if de ceglie doesnt perform.

Now just because i think its risky doesnt mean i dont want to see Zannetti in the middle.
As a matter of fact, it would be great to be less sissoko dependent in case he gets a red. Past games have shown us that we have struggle without Momo though.

I see us beating atalanta and i think its the perfect time to play them. Doni has been too much in a good form as for him to keep it up. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
ahhh sorry there is no nedved. I just read that there will be no Iaquinta and Grygera either.

I guess well play Salihamidzic in right back (not sure if he is avaible but who else is there)? Do we still have Zebina?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
What's with all this rest talk? This is the last game before the Christmas break, a rest wouldn't make sense now.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I totally agree with you :).
Well, almost. Considering that DP was rested against Lecce and only had a short stint in the CL, I think Amauri has earned the rest more. Also because I want/need/crave to see how DP and Giovinco play together.
i can't believe after how strong our aerial game was against milan you'd opt for short and shorter. atalanta in trasferta is not a match for experiments IMO-we need to put our best lineup out there, play to our strengths and get the 3 pts.

if we had camo and tiago, compounded by del neri's disgusting record against us i can sort of see us gamble with that front 2. even then though it's a huge gamble because tactically there really isn't much logic to support a ADP-seba coppia.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Agreed with CDM on aerial prowess and others who don't see any common sense in resting anyone ahead of the Winter Break. I'm sure Atalanta would love to make a coup as Christmas gift, let's not award them any chance to upset us. Having said that, Gio is welcomed at LW.
ahhh sorry there is no nedved. I just read that there will be no Iaquinta and Grygera either.

I guess well play Salihamidzic in right back (not sure if he is avaible but who else is there)? Do we still have Zebina?
Yak does stay home but latest news is that Grygera made the squad.

Zebina has been plagued with injuries for some time now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts