Xtratime Community banner

221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
It has to be their fault in 90% of all cases, impossible that there's a conspiracy among all coaches on earth to not start Romanians.

Atleast he didn't stay at Rijeka forever and wasted his career like others. Astra will be great for him i hope, he should become a starter...if not we were wrong and he's just not as talented.

I don't get it, great seasons in Ukraine, good start in Croatia...i thought actually he will soon move to a midtable team in Germany/Spain/Italy...he has a lot of qualities for a modern winger

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
It has to be their fault in 90% of all cases, impossible that there's a conspiracy among all coaches on earth to not start Romanians.

Atleast he didn't stay at Rijeka forever and wasted his career like others. Astra will be great for him i hope, he should become a starter...if not we were wrong and he's just not as talented.

I don't get it, great seasons in Ukraine, good start in Croatia...i thought actually he will soon move to a midtable team in Germany/Spain/Italy...he has a lot of qualities for a modern winger
Chivu said recently " In the West no one kisses you butt, there are no friends" and that romanian players are used to being praised by everyone when they do well in Romania. It can be a part of the problem, fro example that could be what happened with Stanciu and ended his self confidence. But not for Matei, who has been abroad for many years

Chivu also mentioned the physical, tactical and mental aspects.

·
General Iordanescu
28,385 Posts
Romanians tend to be morale-driven (judging by what Sumudica says, e.g. Budescu is different... would be interesting to see him abroad, but he also has those weight issues)

If what Chivu says is true, it's very likely a big cause of what's going on.

I do know that it's very hard to make USAmerican friends :D

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,214 Posts
Astra might be bringing back Kehinde Fatai from Dinamo Minsk. Not the greatest record there with 9 goals and 3 assists in 35 matches, but if he can get back to the level he had when he was at Astra before, then he's a great signing.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,214 Posts
See, it's not just Romanian players. Even foreigners who do well in Liga 1 fail in other places, even places like Minsk and Riga. And Fatai was a very good forward for Liga 1.
some do well too, Collins Fai in Belgium, Alvaro Pereira at Inter (that was a long time ago though), and a few others I can't think of I'm sure.

But yeah. He failed in Russia and seemingly couldn't recover too well from there. But the weird thing is, his numbers in Czechia aren't bad, and he has 4 goals in 7 games for Nigeria lol.
Anyways, maybe he can be an important player for Astra again.

Astra looks a really interesting side in attack with Budescu, Alibec, Baicu, Fatai, and Seto.
With some of the transfers of Craiova, CFR, FCSB, and Gaz Metan (nothing from Viitorul yet), this should be a very interesting championship group.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
See, it's not just Romanian players. Even foreigners who do well in Liga 1 fail in other places, even places like Minsk and Riga. And Fatai was a very good forward for Liga 1.
What's remarcable is that foreigners from Liga I get better transfers than romanians from the league.

·
Registered
69,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Astra looks a really interesting side in attack with Budescu, Alibec, Baicu, Fatai, and Seto.
With some of the transfers of Craiova, CFR, FCSB, and Gaz Metan (nothing from Viitorul yet), this should be a very interesting championship group.
Viitorul got Aurelian Chitu back.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,214 Posts
Viitorul got Aurelian Chitu back.
Good recovery for the flanks, I see he played CF a lot in Korea too. Really poor numbers there, especially considering it’s second division.. these kind of things are worrying, even if he was never considered a big talent he was considered good enough to move to Ligue 1 and failed there, then failed in Korea D2, then came back to Romania..

This is a pattern happening far too often, even if it also good to strengthen the league a bit with former talents that went abroad or to give a chance to younger players to revive their careers... too often, it just doesn’t work out no matter what though. At least not to the level we want.

Ok, enough rambling, decent pickup but they’ll need to do more to fight with the others now

221 - 234 of 234 Posts