Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
argh, well man utd "sliped" up last week, not as much as i hoped, however the possibility of staying on top this week (man utd lose or draw and we win) that is what i am hoping.

villa danger man? angel, his a great striker however i think our back line can hold well agaionst him. sol > angel.

now against boro, that was the kinda scoreline it should be. our attack showed glimpses of good solid form. hopefully this is on the rise and not vice versa. lets see a similar scoreline please.

villa 2 - 3 arsenal. going for some narrow scoreline this time, havent seen one in long time.

arse for the win :star:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I hope to win
just a win

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YAY MAN UTD LOST 1-0 TO WOLVES :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

ARSENAL FOR THE 2 POINT LEAD!

this was the kinda slip up i talking about peoples!! ;)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Ref To henry...

Ref: Right if we do this right, it just might work.
Henry: Va Va
Ref: Ok are they setting up their wall?
Henry: Va
Ref Ok when i take one step to the left you take it and i will say that I said you could take a quick one!!
Henry steps up and as the ref moves, still impeding the villa defence from seeing whats going on. Then Henry with one step yells
"Va Va Voooooooooom" as he blasts the ball into an all buit open net.
I can imagine that some arsenal fans wont like this. I cant imagine had any ref said to giggs taking a free on the edge of the box "do you want to take it quickly" , going by unquestioned.
The panel (or ex arsenal boss, very unbiased of course) said that it was quick thinking on part of henry, but thats not actually true. It was in fact quick thinking on part ofthe ref!!!
And Rule,Villa didnt play 10 men behind the ball like wolves did against united!!

·
Registered
4,013 Posts

50th minute. Free to villa on edge of box.
The referee doenst let villa take the free till he blows his whistle and he makes sure the Arsenal wall is the right distance.
Commentator says:
"The ref is saying, I just want to make sure that they have their wall nicely positioned".
Peno to arsenal 2 minutes later on a foul from Kanu who looked offside when he recived the ball!!!
Penalty given cause Kanu ran into Mjelberg standing his ground!!

Just pointing these things out as some fans seem to suggest that united only ever get dodgy decisions.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I realize that Arsenal is the team that take 'quick' free-kick frequently compare to other teams. I think 'quick' free-kick is okay if it is an indirect ones, but I have no idea if it's allowed to do a quick free-kick for the direct ones (especially when the opposite side is still arranging their wall fortification). I think we will get the answer as soon as the FA watch the video.

I didn't see the match. But of course, despite of the controversy, no Arsenal fans that doesn't feel happy with victory. :happy: ;)

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
It's perfectly legal, so I suggest you desist your moaning, Drummer, and continue your sulk in silence.

·
Registered
115 Posts
drummer- as a football fan would you not agree that these type (debatable) decisions have a habit of evening themselves out within the course of the season?

*casts mind back to "battle of OT" earlier this season*;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
obviously drummer is an @rse. i mean his casting a blind eye on poor decisions in manutd favour then suddenly when arsenal has one, his making a fool of himself in here.

look mate, this is football, bad decisions come and go. are you saying man utd has NOTHING in its favour?? :rollani:

bloody ferdinand case for example :yuck: the guy should get 8 months + and now you even wanting to reduce the 8 months, wat kinda crap is that. stupid man utd. you guys are just arrogant. everything in your favour is normal, then when something goes our way the world is in chaos. go back to your own forums, xtratime didnt make a forum for fools for nothing, go back.

:skull:

ok back to the game, havent seen it yet cose the bloody sports channel guys here taking a break. so i guess i wait for the highlights on the news. but dam good to see we capitalised on man utd lose to wolves :howler: :howler: go henry, but sad to hear news of willy leaving which seems to be true

·
Registered
171 Posts
I watched the game on TV, it's really "strange" like Wenger said. Henry was angy because the Villa fans booed on him when he got a bloody mouth. We basically played 3 people on attack with Pires constantly attacking up the middle of the field (where Villa has 2 young players). As the result Cole stays at the back most of the time and let Lauren supports from the right side. Apart from some moment Angel escaped Cygan, we were always on top.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:

I didn't see the match. But of course, despite of the controversy, no Arsenal fans that doesn't feel happy with victory. :happy: ;)
that kind of victory.u can't be proud on that first goal..but i know for henry's caracter and that doesnt surprised me..i watched the game and arsenal was better,they deserve to win.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Well, if the goal really violated the rule of football, of course there's nothing to be proud of. ;)

Besides, it's the referee problem now, after the match he stood on his decision to legalize it. I think there was a misunderstanding between the referee and Aston Villa side.

But you can't hide the feeling of happiness and relieved when your team managed to go back on top and take advantage of rival losing points.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
First Drummer
the first goal was obviously TRUE
it's a copy from Leed's goal in us two years ago
the Ian Hart goal when we lost 2-1
do you remember

Second
the Penalty was FULLY undoubtful
Kanu threw the ball and the defender OBVIOUSLY obstructed him

and Third
we were the deserved side to the three points
and didn't stole them like you did in Riverside

Fourth
when anything went to your benefit
it's OK and of course CORRECT
but if the oposite happend
the other must be cheaters and robbers and so on
what is the kind of hell you make from
really are humans like all other ppl
OF COURSE no
you're really have the EVIL which is in your Satan logo
he was divil once but now he is SATAN, a great satan
really may god forgive you

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Forget Arsenal vs Villa no matter what any Mancs bias perspective the bottom line is if Man Utd had been able to beat lowly Wolves you'd still be top of the league, so don't sulk like six year olds because Wes Brown can't keep his balance.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts

Barn Boy AFC said:
drummer- as a football fan would you not agree that these type (debatable) decisions have a habit of evening themselves out within the course of the season?

I totally agree. Its just rule has been making a point that united are the only team that ALWAYS get the ref and dodge decisions. of course some of your fellow gunner fans have decided to just go into rants but that was to be expected. They do even themselves out over the season, just pointing out that united isnt the only team that gets dodge decisions and a little help from the ref.
The only point on the free kick was that the ref said it to henry, so in fact henry mightnt of taken it quickly had the ref not pointed it out. In the Arsenal v Leeds game in which George Grahem pointed out that Harte also took the free quickly, it was harte that said to the ref could he take it and the ref moved clearly aside!!
I dont really care cause united get the rub of the green as much, but I am just sick of hearing bitter comments, particularly from a disgruntled pool fan, that united get all the decisions!!
And I would like to ask some of you, where i ALWAYS say that uniteds dodgy decisions are right!!!
And Gooner4life, the leeds goal was differant, i explained it above. KAnu was offside when he recieved the ball, therefore he wouldnt of made it to the peno area had the linesman done his job, thirdly the team that deserves the points doesnt always get them, if that was the case united would of at least drawn with Wolves and fourthly Its not arsenals fault taht the ref and Linesman are incompetent. I didnt call arsenal cheaters. I have already said that united get as many decisions their way, so calm down there Lassie. Oh and nice picture you have there. Only a muppit Arse fan would be proud of the ugliest player in the league and his bunch of idiot teammates would be proud of 5 players ganging up on one!!! Way to go!!!

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SHUDDAP YOU IDIOTS.

from the referee's own mouth.

He told Sky Sports Premiership Plus soon after the game: "With the free-kick given to Arsenal outside the box for a foul on Patrick Vieira I gave the option to Thierry Henry 'do you want to take it quickly or do you want the wall 10 yards'?

"His reply was 'a quick free-kick'. I stood back and made a quick signal for him to go on and take it - I didn't say to the Aston Villa players move back 10 yards'.

O'Leary described the referee's decision on the first goal as "a joke" and Halsey continued: "I can understand their (Villa's) frustration at conceding a goal that way.

"But I'm under no obligation to inform the Aston Villa players that Henry was going to take a quick free-kick.

"I also gave the option of a quick free-kick to Juan Pablo Angel and he said he wanted 10 yards - so in that case you say wait for the whistle and I'll get them back 10 yards'.

"You are under no obligation to give a whistle for any free-kick."

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Re: ........

Drummer said:
I so calm down there Lassie. Oh and nice picture you have there. Only a muppit Arse fan would be proud of the ugliest player in the league and his bunch of idiot teammates would be proud of 5 players ganging up on one!!! Way to go!!!
SURE
I'M PROUD OF ANY ARSENAL PLAYER
WHATEVER HE DID

and no one of you manc talk about cantona or stam or fortune
and their BLACK LIST

ONLY MARTIN KEOWN
THERE IS ONLY ONE MARTIN KEOWN

1 - 20 of 25 Posts