Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma midfielder Marcos Assuncao has again dismissed reports linking him with an end-of-season switch to Real Madrid.

"I read in the newspapers that Real were interested in me but nobody has spoken to me," he explained. "I still have two years of my contract to run at Roma and I hope to see it out. I would really like to stay here".

His most pressing concern is that his side should focus before the Sunday's clash with Parma.

"It's a crucial time for the team and we must be calm. Our only aim is to win the match and it will be the same for the three games after that. We need 12 points from those four clashes.

"Parma are on a good run and it will be a tough game but we have the resources to defeat every team if we play our best football. I'm optimistic and feel we can win the scudetto again."

Assuncao has only just returned to the side after six weeks out. "It's up to the coach whether I play or not but I have to be ready when he calls. Capello always makes the best decisions for the club."

Assuncao then ruled out his chances of going to the World Cup.

"I haven't spoken with Luiz Felipe Scolari and I do not have great expectations of going to the World Cup," he said. "If I wasn't selected for the Portugal friendly, then I don't think I will get called up afterwards."

·
Registered
188 Posts
Too bad for him but I doubt he will go to the World Cup because Brazil is already very well covered in the defensive midfield area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts