Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In one of his worst seasons the captain of Roma Francesco Totti is still the leader of the assistmen with 8 assists.
His young fellow Cassano and Kakà follow with 7 assists, while Camoramesi, Morfeo and Cassetti have 6 assists each one.
(source gazzetta.it)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Considering that Totti always must make the last pass at Roma I'm not surprised.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Roma is better off without him IMO. See last game when Chivu took the freekick and scored, Totti normally takes them and misses 9/10. The game will also be less predictable without him, more variation, more of a actual team and not a one man's team. His vision is ofcourse great, but he either realize that he isn't Roma's only player or he leaves.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Yes, I was to write it also. With Montella next to him, the life is easier.

Btw we have a cafe in my place called morfeo. It's cool there. The best thing is that perhaps I'm the only one it the town who knows that Morfeo is also our Parmigiano. Of course I don't speak about that because... you know football is nothing here.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Well I think a player like Francesco Totti even though he is maybe past his best only betters the team and if I would take any positives from him leaving it would be the money if anything.

A few good buys here and there and the future would look brighter than it does now.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
nasty nick said:
Roma is better off without him IMO. See last game when Chivu took the freekick and scored, Totti normally takes them and misses 9/10. The game will also be less predictable without him, more variation, more of a actual team and not a one man's team. His vision is ofcourse great, but he either realize that he isn't Roma's only player or he leaves.
Sorry but 9/10? Chivu took 1 and made 1, you can not compare the two. And Totti makes them and is one of the best free kickers in the world. And IMO it is not that Totti has to leave, but that we seem to be stuck with this "tridente" idea. I think Totti should play more in mid. IMO of course.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
nasty nick said:
Roma is better off without him IMO.
One of the craziest things I have ever read. :thmbdown:

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Faisal said:
Well I think a player like Francesco Totti even though he is maybe past his best only betters the team and if I would take any positives from him leaving it would be the money if anything.

A few good buys here and there and the future would look brighter than it does now.
Past his best? He is 28 years old and in his prime. Don't let a terrible season by Roma that has been plagued by injuries, suspensions, and coaching fiascos lead you to believe Totti is past his best. And for such a "poor" season, the guy has 12 goals and 8 assists...and there are 8 games remaining this season.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I agree man, Thats what I was saying! Totti makes any team better and if you take him away the only thing good will be the money. The play will not get better as he isn't a player easily replaced, One of my favourites players in the world.

I should of said not at his best, Not past his best. Even then I don't know Nastynick can say he is some sort of liablity with those statistics. He ain't perfect but he is a top class player and you don't see them everyday. :star:

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Fiorito28 said:
Sorry but 9/10? Chivu took 1 and made 1, you can not compare the two. And Totti makes them and is one of the best free kickers in the world. And IMO it is not that Totti has to leave, but that we seem to be stuck with this "tridente" idea. I think Totti should play more in mid. IMO of course.
Exactly. He scores when he get's the change while Totti misses. Totti is a decent freekicker, but not one of the best at all. Like I said in the last post, there is no player above the club, it would benefit Roma if Totti was sold IMO. He's far too influentual in the club's transfer policy and important decisions and no coach dare to bench him, and takes every freekick/shot/assist/finnish for the club. Roma needs to play as a team, with Totti they can't.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
He's far too influentual in the club's transfer policy and important decisions and no coach dare to bench him, and takes every freekick/shot/assist/finnish for the club. Roma needs to play as a team, with Totti they can't.
That's ridiculous. Didn't we play as a team 2000/01 when we became champions with Totti one of the key players?Or last year? And when Chivu is fit, he doesn't take every freekick, only about half. Also given that none of the other players in our team seems any good at freekicks, Totti's admittedly not great executions are the only realistic option. And every assist? Last year both Cassano and Mancini had more assists, the years before that Cafu was probably the leader often, etc.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
just wondering who led serie a in assists last yr? anyone have a list of the top 5 or soemthing....i think it was cassano btw 14......

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
nasty nick said:
Exactly. He scores when he get's the change while Totti misses. Totti is a decent freekicker, but not one of the best at all. Like I said in the last post, there is no player above the club, it would benefit Roma if Totti was sold IMO. He's far too influentual in the club's transfer policy and important decisions and no coach dare to bench him, and takes every freekick/shot/assist/finnish for the club. Roma needs to play as a team, with Totti they can't.
Excuse me but...I just told you that you can not compare Chivu for ONE that he took, after he just got back, with Totti who has been on more stress and playing much more. What about Ronaldinho? He does not make all of the free kicks but he is damn good at them, same with Totti. And he is our most important player, I agree, but to say to sell him, that is suicide.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Demandred said:
That's ridiculous. Didn't we play as a team 2000/01 when we became champions with Totti one of the key players?Or last year? And when Chivu is fit, he doesn't take every freekick, only about half. Also given that none of the other players in our team seems any good at freekicks, Totti's admittedly not great executions are the only realistic option. And every assist? Last year both Cassano and Mancini had more assists, the years before that Cafu was probably the leader often, etc.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
nasty nick said:
no coach dare to bench him.
If a Roma manager had a legitimate reason for benching him, he would have, but he hasn't got a reason to bench him. If you believe that Roma are better without Totti, you're obviously wrong.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Totti is limiting Roma in my opinion. Even with all his goals and assists we're struggling down in 7th place. I reckon without him in the side we would easily be in Serie B contending with Genoa and Empoli for first place. ;)

·
Registered
46,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is the complete lists of the assists in serie A according to gazzetta.
Meditate gente, meditate...

8 Totti F. Roma

8 Morfeo D. Parma

7 Camoranesi M. Juventus

7 Cassetti M. Lecce

7 Cassano A. Roma

7 Kaka' R. Milan

6 Filippini A. Lazio

6 Gobbi M. Cagliari

5 Jankulovski M. Udinese

5 Di Michele D. Udinese

5 Iaquinta V. Udinese

5 Martins O. Inter

5 Langella A. Cagliari

5 Shevchenko A. Milan

5 Liverani F. Lazio

5 Locatelli T. Bologna

5 Zola G. Cagliari

5 Bellucci C. Bologna

5 Giacomazzi G. Lecce

4 Bazzani F. Lazio

4 Toni L. Palermo

4 Bianchi R. Cagliari

4 Pinardi A. Lecce

4 Mancini A. Roma

4 Vigiani L. Livorno

4 Di Natale A. Udinese

4 Ibrahimovic Z. Juventus

4 Santana M. Palermo

3 Iliev I. Messina

3 Di Biagio L. Brescia

3 Lazzari A. Atalanta

3 Montella V. Roma

3 Cesar R. Lazio

3 Tonetto M. Sampdoria

3 Semioli F. Chievo

3 Parisi A. Messina

3 Ze' Maria F. Inter

3 Van Der Meyde A. Inter

3 Alberto D. Siena

3 Pirlo A. Milan

3 Nedved P. Juventus

3 Budel A. Cagliari

3 Zalayeta M. Juventus

3 Jorgensen M. Fiorentina

3 Diana A. Sampdoria

3 Chiesa E. Siena

3 Flachi F. Sampdoria

3 Zauli L. Palermo

3 Stankevicius M. Brescia

3 Valdes J. Lecce

3 Recoba A. Inter

2 Babu' A. Lecce

2 Pazienza M. Udinese

2 Pandev G. Lazio

2 Serginho C. Milan

2 Balestri J. Reggina

2 Stankovic D. Inter

2 Sullo S. Messina

2 Obodo C. Fiorentina

2 Conti D. Cagliari

2 Dalla Bona S. Lecce

2 Emerson F. Juventus

2 Zebina J. Juventus

2 Zampagna R. Messina

2 Pazzini G. Fiorentina

2 Esposito M. Cagliari

2 Brienza F. Palermo

2 Zanchetta A. Chievo

2 Danilevicius T. Livorno

2 Crespo H. Milan

2 Cruz J. Inter

2 Rigano' C. Fiorentina

2 Bonazzoli E. Reggina

2 Miccoli F. Fiorentina

2 Del Piero A. Juventus

2 Gilardino A. Parma

2 Filippini E. Lazio

2 Fantini E. Fiorentina

2 Bellini G. Atalanta

2 Mutarelli M. Palermo

2 Cafu M. Milan

2 Zagorakis T. Bologna

2 Bojinov V. Fiorentina

2 Marchionni M. Parma

2 Ledesma C. Lecce

2 Natali C. Atalanta

2 Nakata H. Fiorentina

2 Oddo M. Lazio

2 Lanna S. Chievo

2 Mesto G. Reggina

2 Rullo E. Lecce

2 Pellissier S. Chievo

1 De Rosa G. Reggina

1 Angelo M. Lecce

1 D'Anna L. Chievo

1 Cozza F. Siena

1 Capuano C. Bologna

1 Chiellini G. Fiorentina

1 Makinwa A. Atalanta

1 Colucci G. Reggina

1 Zanetti J. Inter

1 Zauri L. Lazio

1 Viali W. Fiorentina

1 Ujfalusi T. Fiorentina

1 Yanagisawa A. Messina

1 Vucinic M. Lecce

1 Zenoni C. Sampdoria

1 Vieri C. Inter

1 Ambrosini M. Milan

1 Thuram L. Juventus

1 Sussi A. Bologna

1 Gonzalez M. Palermo

1 De Rossi D. Roma

1 Siviglia S. Lazio

1 Rafael P. Messina

1 Giannichedda G. Lazio

1 Pisano M. Sampdoria

1 Mihajlovic S. Inter

1 Pessotto G. Juventus

1 Gattuso G. Milan

1 Gasbarroni A. Sampdoria

1 Bovo C. Parma

1 Pasquale G. Siena

1 Ariatti L. Fiorentina

1 Lucarelli C. Livorno

1 Aronica S. Messina

1 Tomasson J. Milan

1 Donati M. Messina

1 Kapo O. Juventus

1 Barone S. Palermo

1 Doga A. Livorno

1 Kily Gonzalez C. Inter

1 Cribari S. Udinese

1 Panucci C. Roma

1 Protti I. Livorno

1 Seric A. Lazio

1 Baronio R. Chievo

1 Marcolini M. Atalanta

1 Cambiasso E. Inter

1 Brocchi C. Milan

1 Bresciano M. Parma

1 Brambilla M. Cagliari

1 Donadel M. Fiorentina

1 Passoni D. Livorno

1 Taddei R. Siena

1 Tacchinardi A. Juventus

1 Vidigal J. Livorno

1 Schopp M. Brescia

1 Zanetti C. Inter

1 Rui Costa M. Milan

1 Pizarro D. Udinese

1 Zenoni D. Udinese

1 Adriano L. Inter

1 Di Napoli A. Messina

1 Amauri C. Chievo

1 Rossini F. Sampdoria

1 Nervo C. Bologna

1 Budan I. Atalanta

1 Colombo C. Livorno

1 Mozart J. Reggina

1 Morrone S. Palermo

1 Corvia D. Roma

1 Mingazzini N. Atalanta

1 Paulinho P. Livorno

1 Cossato F. Chievo

1 Pinzi G. Udinese

1 Manninger A. Siena

1 Maggio C. Fiorentina

1 Luciano S. Chievo

1 Ruotolo G. Livorno

1 Pecchia F. Siena

1 Malago' M. Chievo

1 Vignaroli F. Parma

1 Veron J. Inter

1 Esteves R. Reggina

1 Favalli G. Inter

1 Foglio P. Siena

1 Grosso F. Palermo

1 Kaladze K. Milan

1 Pisanu A. Parma

1 Motta M. Atalanta

1 Tare I. Bologna

1 Colonnese F. Siena

1 Maldini P. Milan

1 Camorani A. Siena

1 Tedesco G. Reggina

1 Martinez Vidal G. Brescia

1 Colucci L. Bologna

1 D'Agostino G. Messina

1 D'Aversa R. Siena

1 Mensah J. Chievo

1 Binotto J. Bologna

1 Moro F. Chievo

1 Kroldrup P. Udinese

1 Bertotto V. Udinese

1 Eremenko A. Lecce

1 Kutuzov V. Sampdoria

1 Franceschini D. Chievo

1 Agostini A. Cagliari

1 Mauri S. Udinese

1 Flo T. Siena

1 Giallombardo A. Livorno

1 Cucciari A. Messina

1 Giunti F. Bologna

1 Grauso C. Livorno

1 Blasi M. Juventus

1 Dallamano S. Brescia

1 Sammarco P. Chievo

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Here is the complete lists of the assists in serie A according to gazzetta.
Meditate gente, meditate...

8 Totti F. Roma

8 Morfeo D. Parma
I knew Morfeo was as good as Totti :)

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
6 Filippini A. Lazio
What? Are they sure? I can't seem to recall even half of those assists. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts