Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Erreala has decided to take Asier Riesgo back to Donosti from Eibar, where he was playing on loan. Westerveld was injured for about 2 months and Erreala want to have 2 Primera GKs. I think that the decision has been taken looking to next season, he has been playing all season (really well) and they want to keep him someway involved in the team. On the other side, I´m sorry for Eibar, it can be fustrating for them but it seems they have understood Erreala´s point

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
I read about it and I don´t understand it to be honest. Ok, Sander is injured but Alberto is doing great, at least the games I´ve seen him lately (Lyon, Atlético) and the ones I saw the other time Wes got injured. So I suppose Riesgo comes to be the sub, no? It will be too hard for Alberto to send him to the bench in his last games for Erreala, Riesgo will have time next season. It´s not better to leave Riesgo in Eibar and put Sanse´s gk as Alberto´s sub? What are the reactions in Eibar? I like Basauri but I think this affects Eibar chances of promotion.

Talking about Erreala´s gks, I think you should sell Westerveld, if there´s a good offer of course, I think he ends contract next season and he was expensive... And I would renew Alberto for one more year and have him as a teacher for Riesgo, Alberto has always been one of my favourites, I´m sure Asier would learn a lot of things from him.

Other thing is if Alberto wants to renew, how does he feel about Erreala signing Asper and Westerveld having him? I haven´t ever heard him about it.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Riesgo was one of the most impressive players in the Youth WC. Westeveld has been one of the most dissppointing Erreala players this year.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
barça said:
Riesgo was one of the most impressive players in the Youth WC. Westeveld has been one of the most dissppointing Erreala players this year.
Riesgo has everything to be a fantastic gk, he is one of the best in 1 to 1, but he still has to improve a lot, especially crossed balls, centers etc... once he has the oportunity in Erreala, people have to be calmed with him, we all remember Aranzubia or Casillas´first games, and I´m sure the "oldies" remember Zubi´s first season in Athletic.;)

I have changed my opinion on him in the last year, he has improved a lot. In this forum I remember saying he was too green and one of the main causes of Eibar fighting for relegation last season but this season he is more mature. So, wish the best to the future gk of the Euskal Selekzioa, until Mandaluniz takes the place of course.;)

I don´t know the reason but it´s true Westerveld has returned to the level of his first season in Donosti, also the injuries haven´t helped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts