Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I just want to ask what are you guys La Liga fans' opinions about Asier Del Horno from Atletico de Bilbao. I've seen him several times this season and I think he is good player and a smart full-back. :)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
Hello there, I just want to ask what are you guys La Liga fans' opinions about Asier Del Horno from Atletico de Bilbao. I've seen him several times this season and I think he is good player and a smart full-back. :)
IMO, he's the best Spanish left back without a doubt and I think that he'll be the LB of the Spanish NT for years. I recall that Txupa (Athletic Fan) said that he does perform great in big matches, while he tends to play worse in "small" matches. I give him credit, but I usually see him against Barça, Madrid, Atlético,... or the Spanish NT and he usually plays great, but those are these "big" matches. I love his support in attack, he's not only a good defender, he also becomes constantly a wing.

When I think about the left backs of La Liga, I can't find anyone better. Roberto Carlos? He's finished. Van Bronckhorst? They're very similar, but Del Horno seems more reliable in defense to me. Moretti? Nah... Romero or Capdvila? No way. Sergi? IMO, Del Horno is the best in his position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts