Saudi Arabia 5
Kuwait 4
Uzbekistan 1

Group B

Iran 7
Japan 6
Bahrain 4
DPR Korea 0

In group A it is most likely that Saudi Arabia and Korea Rep to go through. Korea Rep is looking stronger than ever in June's qualifiers. They have a string of good FWs such as the young afc player of the year Park Chu Young. Ahn's back on track along with Cha Do Ri with support from Park Ji Sung from PSV. I personally believe that the Korea Team travelling to Uzbekistan on 6/3, this game is worth a watch as Korea will likely to thrash Uzbekistan with a 3 or 4 goal margin, and I guarantee this. Watch it guys. Park Chu Young will score at least 1 or 2 here.

In Group B it is not quite as visible as to who will go through. It might be between Iran, Japan, and Bahrain actually. Japanese football is declining as you know they have lost to both UAE and Peru. Now that's sad for the Japanese team, how can they lose to UAE at HOME??? That shows you that the Japanese have no luck at all. You guys need to break free of the jinx along with Korea Rep. Iran will/and is dominating the scene as they got world-class players in Europe and elsewhere and they are always hungry for goal scoring. I respect the Iranian team in Asia. I expect Iran to win the rest of the qualifyers through the road to Germany.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Results:

Group A:
Uzbekistan 1-1 S Korea
Saudi Arabia 3-0 Kuwait

Group B:
Iran 1-0 N Korea
Bahrain 0-1 Japan

Tables:

Group A
1. KSA 8 :proud: :stuckup:
2. KOR 7
3. KUW 4
4. UZB 2

Group B
1. IRN 10
2. JPN 9
3. BAH 4
4. DPR 0

---

In group A: Saudi is sitting pretty at the top of the table and in the driving seat. A win against Uzbekistan in Riyadh would officially qualify them. Korea should join them, although they've looked unimpressive. They scraped a draw with an injury time goal against
uzbekistan.

In group B: It's the Iran show, one point is enough for the to formally qualify. Japan have been off colour, but the win today against Bahrain away shows their resilience. They should qualify too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Korea Rep. did not look convincingly motivated and didnt try hard enough. It's a shame for such a great consolidated team with more than enough attackers.
While others proceeded normally in Asia as the normal "stronger" teams dominated the "lesser" ones.
But it does look clear that the four asian teams going to germany next year would be saudi arabia, korea rep, japan, and iran.

Hope these teams will do well competing against european teams and shock the world which korea once did in 2002.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Anyone see the Ogasawara goal. Pure quality from Nakamura, I personally can't wait until the confederation cup, they usually turn it on in these tournements.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Code:
Round 1

Japan 2-1 North Korea     Bahrain 0-0 Iran

Round 2

Iran 2-1 Japan     North Korea 1-2 Bahrain

Round 3

Japan 1-0 Bahrain     North Korea 0-2 Iran

Round 4

Bahrain 0-1 Japan     Iran 1-0 North Korea

Round 5

North Korea ?-? Japan     Iran ?-? Bahrain

Round 6

Japan ?-? Iran     Bahrain ?-? North Korea

[B]Pts    P    W    D    L     GD    F    A[/B]
[B]1[/B] [B]Iran[/B]            10    4    3    1    0      4    5    1
[B]2[/B] [B]Japan[/B]            9    4    3    0    1      2    5    3
--------------------------------------------------------------
[B]3[/B] [B]Bahrain[/B]          4    4    1    1    2     -1    2    3
[B]4[/B] [B]North Korea[/B]      0    4    0    0    4     -5    2    7

·
Registered
25 Posts
Zack said:
How was the offside decision not given in the Uzbekistan vs South Korea match for the Korean goal?!? The player who made the assist was literally standing on the goalline :eek:
South Korea's goal is definitely offside.
Uzbek desrerved to win.

By the way, Uzbek should have appealed against this goal.
They didn't do anything. :fero:
Judgments are sometimes reversed by players' appeal.
I saw it last year in the Serie A match Reggina vs Juve.
I feel pity for Uzbek soccer fans. :cry:

Mutu_20 said:
Anyone see the Ogasawara goal. Pure quality from Nakamura, I personally can't wait until the confederation cup, they usually turn it on in these tournements.

Are you Japanese?
Apparently you support Japan and Nakamura. :thmbup:

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Not Japanese, English. My favourite player is Nakamura though, Japan are my second favourite Nantional Team.

How do you think they'll do in the confed. cup. I have high hopes, Japan usually turn it on in the big games.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The most unlucky teams in Asia right now are:
Korea Rep.
Bahrain

I guess we all know the fact that the koreans (rep.) are really unlucky in their qualifying stages so we are not going to go on and on about it.... it's boring.

but however, I think Bahrain certainly deserves a spot at directly qualifying most probably over japan. Japan's football has been somewhat unattractive and their luck has been definitely following them since the asian cup, but as Bahrain showed on friday, they were much more technically and tactically compound compared to their counterpart, while they were obviously lacking in physical stamina compared to japan. So I thought Bahrain showed more than enough to the world that they are a small country in Asia which no footballing nation has heard about and suddenly competing in these tournaments I find this immensly intriguing.
Bahrain certainly is a professional team showing constant improvement, growth and maturity and displaying the dynamic "face" of asian football to come in the near future.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
asian_football said:
Korea Rep.
Bahrain

I guess we all know the fact that the koreans (rep.) are really unlucky in their qualifying stages so we are not going to go on and on about it.... it's boring.
S.Korea NT is not unlucky, our NT just doesn't performe well. Obviously, Bonfrere is not Hiddink type of coach :groan: , and since MyungBo Hong left the NT, our defense is shaky.:sigh:

But we'll get through to Germany ;) and good news is our prodigy, ChuYoung Park continues to improve.

And about the 'offside' goal against Uzbekistan, this issue is big controversy in S.Korea as well. Could be offside, or could be not. It all depends on Ref's decision. But if I was ref, I would raise the flag.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mutu_20 said:
Not Japanese, English. My favourite player is Nakamura though, Japan are my second favourite Nantional Team.

How do you think they'll do in the confed. cup. I have high hopes, Japan usually turn it on in the big games.

Sorry!
Thanks for your interest in our soccer. :thumbsup:

As for Confederations Cup, to be honest I don't have confidence
because most important player Ono can't play. :depress:

·
Registered
25 Posts
asian_football said:
Korea Rep.
Bahrain

but however, I think Bahrain certainly deserves a spot at directly qualifying most probably over japan. Japan's football has been somewhat unattractive and their luck has been definitely following them since the asian cup, but as Bahrain showed on friday, they were much more technically and tactically compound compared to their counterpart, while they were obviously lacking in physical stamina compared to japan. So I thought Bahrain showed more than enough to the world that they are a small country in Asia which no footballing nation has heard about and suddenly competing in these tournaments I find this immensly intriguing.
Bahrain certainly is a professional team showing constant improvement, growth and maturity and displaying the dynamic "face" of asian football to come in the near future.

South Korea is lucky not unlucky.
They got one point luckily.
Their equalizer is offside.
http://www.42ch.net/UploaderAnime/source/1117957293.wmv
(Can you watch this video clip? This link may expire.)

Moreover, don't you think Soth Korea is lucky in that they belong to group A? :confused: Group B's level is higher than Group A.
It's obvious if you look at the result of Asian Cup 2004.

Japan (1st)
Iran (3rd)
Bahrain (4th)
North Korea (couldn't qualify)

South Korea (last 8)
Saudi Arabia (Group Stage)
Uzbek (last 8)
Kuwait (Group Stage)

Japan played against Bahrain three times for the last one year and won all of these games. :finger:

What on earth should we do to make you allow Japan to be better than
Bahrain? :frustrat:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Japanese_1 said:
South Korea is lucky not unlucky.
They got one point luckily.
Their equalizer is offside.
http://www.42ch.net/UploaderAnime/source/1117957293.wmv
(Can you watch this video clip? This link may expire.)

Moreover, don't you think Soth Korea is lucky in that they belong to group A? :confused: Group B's level is higher than Group A.
It's obvious if you look at the result of Asian Cup 2004.

Japan (1st)
Iran (3rd)
Bahrain (4th)
North Korea (couldn't qualify)

South Korea (last 8)
Saudi Arabia (Group Stage)
Uzbek (last 8)
Kuwait (Group Stage)

Japan played against Bahrain three times for the last one year and won all of these games. :finger:

What on earth should we do to make you allow Japan to be better than
Bahrain? :frustrat:
:nono: :nono:

Japan shouldn't do anything, me personally coming from a European background, you should ask yourself what should japan do to make bahrain better :dielaugh:
bahrain has potential while japan is stagnant with little room for innovation and improvement and personally to see japan play, really bores me, and the world has seen more than enough of japanese football, whereas bahrain's football knows no end and has just begun!

let me give you some insight on the two types of teams:
Team "A" usually plays well with lesser known teams, beating them in every encounter or most. While they tend to struggle with the "higher" better teams and end up losing. Which is called the NORM.

However, there is a team that is opposite to Team A.
"Team B" tends to perform poorly with "lesser" teams while they perform very WELL with "higher" better teams usually beating them hence defining new boundaries. Which is called a team with higher potentials.

Now, it is up to you to categorize which team Japan belongs to in the above scenario.
Thanks

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
TBH, they struggled agaisnt N. Korea, who were playing extremely negatively. They really cant be without guys like Nakamura, Nakata and especially Ono all at once.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
* HT Iran 0-0 Bahrain - still all to play for

* KSA v Uzbekistan - the main part of the stands are already full 3 hours before the game

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Congratulations to Iran.

If I'm not mistaken, this was a revenge match (against Bahrain) for the last World Cup?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts