Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iran and Hertha Berlin striker Ali Daei was named Asian Player of the Year for 1999 at the Asian Football Confederation's annual awards ceremony on Thursday.
The 31 year old forward lifted the title ahead of two time winner Hidetoshi Nakata of Japan, fellow Japanese striker Masashi Nakayama, Kuwait's Bashar Abdullah, Hwang Sun-hong of South Korea and Chinese female star Sun Wen, the first female
to be in contention for the title.

----------
well, my favourite player didn't make it!! :(

S

·
0 Posts
well Bashar Abdullah didn't make it because of one reason. he is not in a team that everyone is watching like Hertha Berlin and AS ROMA ..but soon you will see him in The Olimpic Games in Sidney 2000 :) ..and you will judge him :)

------------------
Forza Q8 :)

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Hey bodat do you know how Ali Daie started playing striker ? I saw it on Futbol Mondial couple of days ago, he used to play defender but one day all the strikers where either injured or banned so the coach told him to take that place and he scored two goals...

People can get lucky sometimes you know ;)

Note: I wont be able to post from the 8th until the 10th, I will have to get myself some new internet connection :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts