Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wenger adamant Cole will stay
Arsenal, Sunday April 03 2005
Arsene Wenger is "convinced" Ashley Cole wants to stay at Arsenal.

The England full-back received a mixed reception from some sections of the home support on his first return to action at Highbury during Saturday's 4-1 win over Norwich after he was charged by the Premier League, along with Chelsea and their manager, Jose Mourinho, over an alleged breach of the competition rules regarding approaches to players.

Cole, 24, though, remains an integral part of the Gunners' plans, according to Wenger, who maintains he has been given clear indications of the players' willingness to stay.

"Maybe there were 100 people, but we have 37,900 who are behind him," the Arsenal manager said.

"I think people were behind him and I think that is important. Slowly he is getting focused and a committed attitude.

"That is the best, for you always to take your own responsibility and show the way first. Afterwards people are behind him."

Wenger added: "I am convinced (he will stay) and I will try everything to keep him here. To extend his contract (is the next step), at the right salary.

"We have to maybe wait until this case goes through, because his agent is involved as well, so we have to see that all goes on.

"I know we want to keep him, the board wants to keep him and we want him to stay here and [be] happy.

"I would like to keep that (conversations with Cole) private, but I am convinced deeply that Ashley wants to stay, that is my belief."

One of Cole's reported grievances from contract discussions with Arsenal was said to be over wages, which the England international felt should have been substantially increased to bring him in line with the Gunners other top earners.

Wenger, though, maintained the full-back's financial terms would be much improved, should he agree to remain at Arsenal.

"What Chelsea spend is not linked with their income and that makes it difficult, not for Arsenal only but also for everybody," reflected the Gunners' boss.

"When we are in there, the competition is not linked with any reasonable numbers that you can spend.

"So the competition is a little bit artificial on wages. We are in line with what is happening in the top clubs in the Premier League.

"Of course we want Ashley to be in the top bracket of international players at the club. We have our own wages scale.

"If I wanted to extend his contract, it is because I felt he had to be there, not just on his demand at the start."

The comfortable win over the Barclays Premiership strugglers - where Thierry Henry smashed a hat-trick to move within four of Ian Wright's all-time scoring record - lifted Arsenal above Manchester United into second place.

Wenger said: "For me the most important thing is the championship, the European Cup will come, but this year we were not equipped enough."

However, he accepted: "We need to improve the squad a little bit, and give time to our young players."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

let's hope the board don't fuk it up this time, just give him a nice contract, the best full back around deserves it. :thmbup:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Give him a good contract and then hope he will stay. What's the worst that could happen? First Vieira sucks the whole season due to his loyalty issues. Now you have Ashley (isn't that a girl's name?) Cule lined up for next season. :D

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stop reading the papers and watch the games loon, Paddy has been our best player for the last three months.

and Ashley is a unisex name.

obviously if it comes out in the enquiry that Cole instigated the meeting then i'd tell him to fuk off, but i think that wasn't the case.

come the revolution my first three bullets are for Mourinho, Kenyon and Jonathan Barnett. :boxing:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
If you really do tell him to fvck off if he was the instigator then :thumbsup: to you.

Don't get so emotional with the bullets etc. Mourinho is a better coach than Wenger and that is a fact. ;)

I missed the highlights show for the past three months. Two minutes isn't much to play with so if you waste them grabbing a glass of water you're done for! :frownani:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mourinho is a methodical coach, i fukin hate that myself, so he would be shot dead for crimes to football. Kenyon would be tortured by my right hand Gooner mate, Mad Frankie himself, we'd probably rent out a flat in Stoke Newington and have him beg for his life for a bit just to amuse us.

and try and catch the highlights soon, you'll see Paddy holding our midfield together, although now Gilberto is back he won't have to anymore and we will probably see the electric midfield flourishes that made his name.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Haroon said:
If you really do tell him to fvck off if he was the instigator then :thumbsup: to you.

Don't get so emotional with the bullets etc. Mourinho is a better coach than Wenger and that is a fact. ;)

I missed the highlights show for the past three months. Two minutes isn't much to play with so if you waste them grabbing a glass of water you're done for! :frownani:
Why doesn't Abramovich donate £100 million to Arsenal's transfer budget, so we can find out whether Mourinho really is better than Wenger.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Mourinho is a methodical coach, i fukin hate that myself, so he would be shot dead for crimes to football. Kenyon would be tortured by my right hand Gooner mate, Mad Frankie himself, we'd probably rent out a flat in Stoke Newington and have him beg for his life for a bit just to amuse us.
You and torturing somebody? :tongue: If you don't sit on him you can't torture anybody.

and try and catch the highlights soon, you'll see Paddy holding our midfield together, although now Gilberto is back he won't have to anymore and we will probably see the electric midfield flourishes that made his name.
I'll try to catch the highlights more often. :undecide:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
zonetatious said:
Why doesn't Abramovich donate £100 million to Arsenal's transfer budget, so we can find out whether Mourinho really is better than Wenger.
Porto.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haroon said:
You and torturing somebody? :tongue: If you don't sit on him you can't torture anybody.

that's what Mad Frankie is for, i'll just sit there with a cigar on talking in a scarily realistic impression of Marlon Brando to put the wind up Kuntyon (see that rather hilarious play on words? :D)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
zonetatious said:
Monaco... and that bloody Japanese team I forget the name of.
Kashima Antlers?

Deschamps' Monaco performed better than Wenger's Monaco. My answer is still the same. ;)

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haroon said:
Porto were shit. ;)

tbh, Ranieri deserves a bit of credit, he must be well pissed off, the best two signings he made were Robben and Cech and then they sack him before he gets the chance to use them. :howler:

mind Ranieri is another method coach, so he would get a nice clean hole through the brain as well. :boxing:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haroon said:
Kashima Antlers?

Deschamp's Monaco performed better than Wenger's Monaco. My answer is still the same. ;)
Wenger's Monaco were definitlely better than Deschamps you madman, have a look at the quality in that team, they were good although Marseille were even better.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
that's what Mad Frankie is for, i'll just sit there with a cigar on talking in a scarily realistic impression of Marlon Brando to put the wind up Kuntyon (see that rather hilarious play on words? :D)
LOL @ Kuntyon! :thumbsup: Kuntyen sounds more fluid if you don't mind. ;)

If you had said you would be sitting on the chair and eating a Pie, I would've bought it but you and a cigar with a Marlon Brando impersonation is just too much to digest in one go if you know what I mean. :tongue:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Wenger's Monaco were definitlely better than Deschamps you madman, have a look at the quality in that team, they were good although Marseille were even better.
You & I disagree on numerous occasions because I tend to look at European competition first and foremost whilst you look at the league. :mute:

Deschamps' Monaco was better. :shades:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haroon said:
You & I disagree on numerous occasions because I tend to look at European competition first and foremost whilst you look at the league. :mute:

Deschamps' Monaco was better. :shades:
no i look at the players and how they played, Hoddle, Djorkaeef, Anderson, Henry :D, Simone, Bernarbia.

they has some real stars in them days in the French League, look at the Marseille team.

you obviously don't appreciate great players, well go and have a wank over Dado Prso if you want. :D

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Twayka said:
well i always thought he was staying.
well let's hope you are right.

Kolo--Sendo--Sol--Ash will prove to be a ROCK of a backline. :proud:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
no i look at the players and how they played, Hoddle, Djorkaeef, Anderson, Henry :D, Simone, Bernarbia.

they has some real stars in them days in the French League, look at the Marseille team.
You look at players who burn the grass. You like Road-Runners while I like the Yosemite Sams / Wile E. Coyotes. :D Difference of opinion.

you obviously don't appreciate great players, well go and have a wank over Dado Prso if you want. :D
What bad language! :eekani: Prso isn't a Monaco player.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haroon said:
You look at players who burn the grass. You like Road-Runners while I like the Yosemite Sams / Wile E. Coyotes. :D Difference of opinion.

What bad language! :eekani: Prso isn't a Monaco player.
yeah Hoddle and Bernarbia really burned the grass, they just had a vision and technique that every Monaco player last year can only dream of including giuly.

and Prso was Deschamps star man for a while in CL last year, you must remember :googly:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts