1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
what they are saying that Cole set the whole thing up and it was his idea ? :googly:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jern Lizardhous said:
what they are saying that Cole set the whole thing up and it was his idea ? :googly:
Well, Ashley Cole is being charged for approaching another club while under contract, and Chelsea is being charged for approaching another player who's under contract.

I think it was mutual, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ashley's agent who set the entire thing up.

Either way, Cole obviously wants to go to Chelsea... otherwise he wouldn't have even met with them.

·
63,337 Posts
Cole reckons, he was only meeting the agent for a move to La Liga, he claims the agent notified Mourinho without his consent.

Mourinho and Kenyon claim the opposite, that Cole's agent set them up.

it will be an interesting case, one, both or all of them will end up looking complete liars.

btw, Cole won't be joining Chelsea now, it will be La Liga or a new contract for him.

·
63,337 Posts
anyway, if found guilty i think Cole and Mourinho should get a big fine and Chelsea should be banned from buying players for a year.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This can't be good for the Arsenal at all.

Their captain was within a centimetre of leaving the club last summer... their most expensive transfer ever has declared he wants to leave the team after just one year there... one of their only English players, whom is their star LB, has met with the Arsenal's huge rival...

What's going on with the Gunners?

·
63,337 Posts
they are all different cases.

1. Paddy had been here 8 years and fancied a change and possible better chance of CL, he went about it in a terrible way but basically it is an understandable career move.

2. Reyes family are all homesick and he just doesn't fit in.

3. Cole was offered £60,000 then our board went back on DD's word and offered him £55,000, understandable that he was upset though he should have waited til end of the season.

I don't think we have anything to worry about, most of our squad are very happy here.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the explanations, muffin. :shades:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I blame that Geordie slapper Cole's with for all of this. She's been wanting to chav him up since the day she sunk her northern teeth into him.

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
I blame that Geordie slapper Cole's with for all of this. She's been wanting to chav him up since the day she sunk her northern teeth into him.

don't think she has chav'd him, i don't believe he would play for Chavs more than you and i, i blame the c*nt on the board who decided to try to save a measly £5,000 a week, probably Endelman i'd guess. :yuck:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
don't think she has chav'd him, i don't believe he would play for Chavs more than you and i, i blame the c*nt on the board who decided to try to save a measly £5,000 a week, probably Endelman i'd guess. :yuck:
Well according to arseblog it wasn't over the money, have a read:

Chelsea have been charged under rule K3 meaning Arsenal didn't give permission to Chelsea to meet Cole.

Cole has been charged under rule K5 meaning Arsenal didn't give Cole permission to meet Chelsea.

Jose Mourinho has been charged under rule Q which deals with the conduct of Premiership managers while Peter Kenyon has been charged under rule K9 meaning he's Roman Abramovich's bitch.

Jokes aside it means that the panel have decided that Cole was well aware of who he was going to meet and didn't buy his 'I was surprised when they walked in - I thought I was meeting an Italian team' defence which always seemed a bit madey-up.

Cole's agent, Jonathan Barnett, has not been charged with anything at all because he 'does not fall within the jurisdiction of the FA Premier League for the purposes of this matter.'

Now, while I would not condone the behaviour of Ashley at any stage it seems entirely ridiculous that his agent, who more than anyone has shunted his client in the direction of this meeting, gets away Scot free, or so it would seem. Barnett's only concern in respect of Ashley Cole is financial. I know, for a fact, that Ashley Cole was offered an extremely healthy contract. Forget what you read about £5,000 increases or the amount offered being £5,000 less than was offered verbally. Cole was offered a contract which would have more than doubled his current salary and he, no doubt at the behest of his agent, still turned it down. They then went to meet Chelsea, got snared rapid, and Barnett has been using the press ever since to spin stories about how Arsenal went back on their word, how it was all Chelsea's fault this meeting took place and so on.

While I have little time for Chelsea and how they've behaved throughout this whole affair I have far less for greedy agents who with a few choice words and some consistent prompting can make an Arsenal player, who is also an Arsenal fan, practically destroy everything he's worked for at the club. We all know Ashley is a fan. We've seen the pictures of him as a kid holding up the Championship trophy. We know he's been at the club since he was tiny, tinier than he is now, and it was always his dream to play for the club. Would he, when it comes to making a footballing decision, ever think about leaving Arsenal to go to a London rival? I don't think so. Could he be swayed to make a non-football decision? A financial decision? I think so. Whose head wouldn't be turned by offers of £110,000 a week, especially when your agent is the devil on your shoulder telling you to go for it.

Now, the club know Ashley is a fan. They know the high regard he's held in by the fans. Does it make sense, especially in a time when home grown players are so few and far between, that the board would offer a player who has so obviously improved and become one of the best in the world in his position, a miserly increase like Barnett claimed? No. It doesn't. People are quick to accuse the board of being tight-fisted but we've heard nothing from them about what Ashley Cole was offered. Contracts are deemed to be private and confidential until they're signed. What we have had is a load of spin from Barnett talking about Arsenal offering less than was verbally agreed, David Dein sending back a fax with a figure on it and the words 'not negotiable' scrawled across the bottom. This is the same David Dein who has negotiated with players like Vieira, Henry, Campbell, Pires, Bergkamp and other top players at Arsenal. Does it make sense that he'd do what Barnett said he did? No, it doesn't. We've had silence, quite rightly, from Arsenal about Cole's contract but nothing but spin and obfuscation from Ashley Cole's agent. Sadly people will believe what they read and when they don't read anything to counter it it becomes fact. The fact is Cole was offered an excellent contract. It wasn't derisory. It wasn't less than they expected. It just wasn't as much as Chelsea were offering.

An agent's job is not just to make as much money as possible for his client. It's to ensure his client is happy in his job, his ambitions fulfilled and is sufficiently recompensed for his work. It's not to make money for himself. The new contract Cole was offered by Arsenal certainly reflected his standing in the club and in the game today and would have put him on a par with some of the top earners at Arsenal but a greedy agent can think '10% of £x per week from Arsenal is not worth as much as £xxx,000 per week from Chelsea (back-dated, don't forget) plus 10% of the £X,000,000 signing on fee'. So how do we expect agents to give their clients the best advice in terms of their career when they're thinking of the best way to line their pockets? Anyway, the chances of Cole moving to Chelsea are now slim to none and his position at Arsenal has got to be under serious question after yesterday's revelations.

·
63,337 Posts
he seems to be speculating, and Barnett agreed that Cole was offered over double his wage, that is not in question.

at the moment i am more likely to believe Barnett than Mourinho or Kenyon who have been lying through their teeth about everything since they joined Chelsea.

and the thing about contracts is we do behave tightly, what the fuk was offering Lauren only a one year deal about ? and we lost Wiltord for being tight.

anyway, the enquiry is going to be very interesting, i'd certainly bet that the ones who look the most bad are on the Chavski side of the fence.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
anyway, the enquiry is going to be very interesting, i'd certainly bet that the ones who look the most bad are on the Chavski side of the fence.
I just wonder what kind of reception Cole is going to get from the fans at Highbury. My cousin was mouthing off earlier about how he and his mates that he goes with (Clock End :shades: ) will be booing him every time he touches the ball. I won't be surprised if he's given a horrible time.

Thank god for Thierry Henry, aye?

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
I just wonder what kind of reception Cole is going to get from the fans at Highbury. My cousin was mouthing off earlier about how he and his mates that he goes with (Clock End :shades: ) will be booing him every time he touches the ball. I won't be surprised if he's given a horrible time.

Thank god for Thierry Henry, aye?
i don't think he'll get a bad time, i think your cousin and his mates will be in the minority, most will probably save the boos for if he ever comes back one day with another club.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Don’t think it would be a good idea to boo him either. There’s too much uncertainty about it all yet. Let’s wait until we actually know what happened, and if he one day play at Highbury in a blue shirt as one of Romans toys I wouldn’t mind seeing him shot.

·
63,337 Posts
shooting would be too good, get Mad Frankie Frazer out of the North Bank to electrobe his bollocks like in the good 'ol days. :D

·
63,337 Posts
blimey, you got it all off the chest there. :D

agreed about Henry, a true Gooner, perhaps it's his nice English rose of a wife ? :party:

·
63,337 Posts
if Henry ever went anywhere i'd hope it is to Milan, just to see the biggest u-turn in Xtra-time history from Haroon the loon. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts