Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS Ripi's 2-0 win over Deano today, along with the 3-3 draw between Andrey and Anomander Rake, gives Romanista10 and his boys their unprecedented 3rd XT Scudetto in the club's history!!

AS Ripi are the 2008/09 XT Italian Champions!!! Back to Back titles for R10's gladiators!

:star::star::star:

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The AS Ripi fans have been partying for hours and took wild celebrations to the street in appreciation for this amazing championship!

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Francesco Totti and Kakà get most of the attention and praise on AS Ripi. But this season, due to their seemingly endless streak of injuries, others were forced to raise their game and perform. Here are the true unsung heroes of this championship. Being in 5th place at mid-season and 9 points away from the top spot, these champions never quit and pressed on until the title was finally theirs!

#9 - Mirko Vucinic (11 goals, 3 assists)

#30 - Fabio Simplicio (8 goals, 9 assists)

#19 - Esteban Cambiasso (4 goals, 3 assists)

#32 - Massimo Maccarone (9 goals, 2 assists)

#83 - Rubinho (39 goals conceded, 5th best in Serie A)

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The superstars weren't at their best this season, but of course, they are never excluded from praise!

#22 - Kakà (16 goals, 9 assists)

And of course, Il Capitano, this XT Scudetto is dedicated to him.

#10 - Francesco Totti (13 goals, 4 assists in 23 games)

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to acknowledge what a fantastic competition we had in the league this season. The championship was not won until the very last match of the season's final matchday. It just doesn't get anymore dramatic than that!

In the end, the final 3 spots ended like this:

1. Romanista10 57 pts
2. Andrey 55 pts
3. Osman 53 pts

Thats just unbelievable right there. Bravo gentlemen...what a fine championship you played. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
Congrats :star:

You did the unthinkable in the second half the season :dazed: Utterly ridicolous form :eekani: I feel for Andrey, HOLY SHIT was it close at the end, hehe amazing ending and having his first real bad form at the final games of the season is just crueeel :D

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
R10, how could you leave out praise for Padoin?? He may have done **** all for you all season, but yesterday he practically won you the league single-handedly.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
andrey pulled an inter 5 di maggio 2002...that's gotta suck
anyway, congrats R10 on the scudo.

almost as shocking as your late surge to the top was me nailing the last euro spot after what's been overall a terrible 2nd year for myself.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Im proud to collect the wooden spoon :) Next year I will try to build a serious squad.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to add here my congratulations. Simplicio is an excellent player in this game.
Yes, Simplicio is a great fantacalcio player. I got him in the 2nd round of bids by beating out ilgenio 52-50 for him. Funny how 2 credits were such a big difference in my season.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im proud to collect the wooden spoon :) Next year I will try to build a serious squad.
With the likes of Miccoli, Di Vaio, Iaquinta, Mexes, Marchetti, Brighi, Marchiso, and Canini you had a good team. The problem for you this season was the injuries to Aquilani, Perrotta, and Tonetto. And of course, you were hurt by Iaquinta not getting playing time for Juve. In no way, was this a last place team. You were also hurt by losing matches when you weren't as active on XT because you had injured/suspended players in your line-up for a few weeks. I am sure AS Deano will rise again next season!

And don't forget you have a XT Coppa Italia Semifinal date with Osman in a few weeks. :smileani:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
special1tv report

when jose mourinho was asked by arsene from london why saviola's team sucks and why mario balotelli doesn't play with a comb in his hair he replied:

special 1: malinwa is poorly coached because their manager, barnetta, is sensitive and loves talking in front of the camera while balotelli thinks he can outsmart the special one by sneaking a comb under his tuque but i catch him everytime. next time he tries to pull that stunt i warned him i'll tell the world he was born in uruguay and pulled an alvaro recoba to receive a EU passport. alex from manchester...what do you think?

alex from manchester: i'm still talking to you pretty boy, why don't you come to manchester so i can wipe that little smirk of your face ye little bitch.

special 1: that's all for now, we'll see you next week to report on why balotelli missed....

alex from manchester: pretty boy!!

special 1: ....practice to snort coke with robinho, ronaldo and adriano. ciao and don't forget to watch me on football icon.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hahaha CdM is dropping the gauntlet on saviola!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Ok, first of all, congratulations R10!

Now, what the hell was this?!?!?! I mean, my computer broke and Andrey was the clearest leader of all the fantasy leagues and now... what do I see? This is mega-ridiculous, just as football is at times. Fantastic end of the season and I damn everything for missing such a title race.

Great job one more year!

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, first of all, congratulations R10!

Now, what the hell was this?!?!?! I mean, my computer broke and Andrey was the clearest leader of all the fantasy leagues and now... what do I see? This is mega-ridiculous, just as football is at times. Fantastic end of the season and I damn everything for missing such a title race.

Great job one more year!
Welcome back K4! The XT Fantasy Leagues have not been the same without you! I am glad you have returned in time for next week's XT Champions League and Xtratime Cup Finals.

You missed some exciting races for the XT Scudetto and spots in XT CL and XT Cup. There will even be a one game playoff next weekend to determine who qualifies for the Xtratime Cup!

I must thank you for motivating my players hahaha. I found this quote from you before Matchday 12:

K4:"Now I want to see R10 in this game. He must stop his eternal run of draws soon or the 2nd half of the season will be a hell for him."

From that point on, my team won 14 games and drew only once. I even had an 11 game winning streak! Unfortunately for Andrey, his team had 3 losses and 1 draw in the final 4 matches and I was able to sneak by and win the title on the season's final matchday.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Welcome back K4! The XT Fantasy Leagues have not been the same without you! I am glad you have returned in time for next week's XT Champions League and Xtratime Cup Finals.

You missed some exciting races for the XT Scudetto and spots in XT CL and XT Cup. There will even be a one game playoff next weekend to determine who qualifies for the Xtratime Cup!

I must thank you for motivating my players hahaha. I found this quote from you before Matchday 12:

K4:"Now I want to see R10 in this game. He must stop his eternal run of draws soon or the 2nd half of the season will be a hell for him."

From that point on, my team won 14 games and drew only once. I even had an 11 game winning streak! Unfortunately for Andrey, his team had 3 losses and 1 draw in the final 4 matches and I was able to sneak by and win the title on the season's final matchday.
:D

Well, on a serious note, I think that you didn't even believe in this unbelievable run to win the title. It was a mix of 2 things, your team incredibly well and Andrey somehow collapsed in the last weeks.

Anyway, nothing to say about it. If there's a kind of tournament that choose the best team, that has to be the league. On the other hand, the Cups are open to surprises... last example, in the Spanish Copa, where Culéd and El Primitivo got kicked out in the first round.

The XT Europe final looks very interesting. I'm sure it's going to be a great game.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts