Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it seem to you that Lazio are making way too many changes in their squad to have a successfull team next year. With all the purchases I see little chance they will be able to develop into a team, rather than just a collection of good players.

Roma on the other hand, has made a few tweeks to the line up and other than that stuck with what they have. This will result in a more cohesive Roma team. With scoring provide by Bati how can they lose???

Lazio purchase too much, too soon at the expense of team unity and also success. Ha

·
Registered
392 Posts
You're right..............

You know what man as i heard about the deal yesterday,i couldn't believe it.For a scudetto winning team,its insane at the moves that they've made.
The thing that Sensi has done well on the transfer market is spending his money only!,not trading players besides Tomic,Bartelt,and the few others that really don't have a shot at contributing to the team.So here's Lazio,Selling Conceicao,Almedya,and whoever else plus coin for one player,who quite frankly isn't the best in the world right now.Cragnotti has put himself in a sticking situation cause he may come out looking like a genius or come out looking like a goat!!And plans on fixing the problem again on the transfer market,crazy.
Roma has kept there nucleus and kept that bond and inserted different players who play in different positions and will adapt well to what we already have.

L

·
0 Posts
Have to agree with you - it's a gamble that Cragnotti is taking - while hoping for severe amounts of yolk on his boat race next summer, I think you should look to England for the ideal plan. Ferguson at Man Utd has built a team of localy developed youngsters, Giggs Scholes and Beckham while buying players to complete the jigsaw. Cantona, Sheringham, Yorke etc etc.
The less said said about Taibi tho' the better!
This is the plan of Capello, I hope and think, and Lets Go for It.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Roma Have done well this year in the player market Capello will build a strong squad around Totti Bati and Montella and Roma will be so hard to beat as for lazio they just have changed a succesfull team into just individual talent which might hurt them a little but at the moment roma has to be favourites to win the championship with a mix of of youth and expirence and champion players they look good and so do there jerseys.

I

·
0 Posts
Guys? How about Fiore and Giannichedda? Gambling also?
And to buy a 31 year old player for 30 million is not?
And what about Nakata boy?
I think you overestimate Conceisao's and Almeyda's importance as well. I am not saying that we are going to win everything, but I can only see positive moments in Lazio's transfers.
And Cragnotti is a very successful gambler. I think he proved it. Besides, Lazio has already learned how to win scudetto and for ASRoma everything is ahead. I don't think you can win it from your first shot and frankly I am not sure you have a shot.

·
Registered
330 Posts
What are you talkin about Italazio? Buying Batigol is anything but a gamble. At least he has proven himself for almost a decade , and he is the worlds top striker at the moment and you know that . Last season everybody thought he was gonna cool off with the age and injuries and all and he score 23 goals in the league without a single PK(and he didn't even play in all the matches). But Lazio spent ridicilous amount of money on a player who is Batistuta's bench. Crespo is good but it's stupid of Cragnotti to give up Almeyda and Conseicao , plus money? What is that?

S

·
0 Posts
Lazios staring line-up:

Peruzzi-new

Negro Nesta Couto Pancaro

Stankovic Simeone Nedved
(Zenden)
Veron
Crespo-new Lopez-new

Romas starting line-up:

Antonoli

Panucci-new Samuel-new Zago Zebina-new
(most likely)

Cafu Emerson-new Candela

Totti
Batigol-new Montella

Looks like some of us have skipped their math homework.
4-5 new player, including a almost totally new defence, is surely more than 3-4 new player, two attacker who know each other and our playmaker very well and apart from them the most experienced goalkeeper in Serie A.
Besides you have also brought in a new playing-system, 4-4-2, copied directly from our winning style, so get your minds straight will you.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
you Lazio fans are the worst i have ever seen, its not about how many changes, its about the kinda changes. Roma have done a good job, they fixed there weaknesses. Lazio on the other hand just bought whoever costs the most and bump it up 20mill(stupid) Conciacoa was a fital part of your team, along with Almeyada and 20mill, for another striker???? That was the last thing you needed

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sandbergo, it's clear that you don't know what you are speaking about. Roma will not start with that lineup, and we will play like 4-3-1-2, and not the lazio way 4-5-1.

S

·
0 Posts
First of all olimpico, Lazio isn’t playing with the 4-5-1 system. They did it a couple of times last season when they had problems with their attackers (injuries, national assignment). The buy of Crespo and Lopez will sort that problem out extremely well.
And if you actually saw a Lazio game last season you would have noticed that Veron had a rather free role in his midfield position, just like Totti will have in Roma this season. However the topic was discussing that Lazio had more new comers then Roma and even if we don’t consider my line-ups, surely Roma will starting with more new player then Lazio. Emerson, Batigol, Samuel, Zebina or/and a new defender (Panucci?) against Crespo, Lopez, and Peruzzi. Zenden probably stays in Barca.

For the rest of you I hope and think that Roma can perform well this season. I be much happier to se another team from Rome winning than to see the Milano team doing well (with all respect).

För Olimpico önskar jag att du faktiskt lär dig lite om fotboll istället för att skriva dumma kommentarer om saker du inte har någon aning om. Pröva att se på fotboll på riktigt istället för att lära dig genom TV-spel. Dessutom såg jag Landskrona för några veckor sedan och de sög.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I know that lazio plays 4-4-2, but to claim that Roma copied your playsystem is a bit strong. The probable lineup for Roma will just include, Bati, Samuel and Emerson.

Skulle jag lära mig det genom att se stockholms stolhet
spela :D Lite info om du inte vet(troligen inte många lazio supportrar som gör) vet du att peruzzi har spelat för Roma?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Don't critisise Lazio fans Inzaghi9, if you want to critisise someone go and do it to the very 'skillful' Inzaghi.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Lazio buys so many players every season, so there's nothing new to that. Somethimes I think Lazio doesn't look if they need a player, but just buy him, so that an other team doesn't get him. Ofcourse I don't agree with that, but it's their choice and we can only accept that.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Lupo I truly respect your opinion ( even if I´m Lazio n you´re Roma ) and it´s nice to see that you follow up on Lazio.

It seems like Roma fans and fans from all clubs fail to remember one very important factor: Veron - Lopez - Crespo play together in the national and words of Lopez " Me, Veron and Crespo can find eachother on the field with our eyes closed ". You guys are buying a new playmaker <-- the most important part of the midfield, which can not fail if a team wants success. We are not changing style of play but we are becoming much faster.

Sensi is doing what Cragnotti did when Lazio float - he uses the mony on buys only, we can not do this but we got a big bunch of dead presidents when we took Lo Scudetto, reached the Quarterfinal of CL and won the cup.

Beside Cragnotti can sell Crespo in 2 years time for the same amount if not more, in 2 years time Batigol will be in a museum.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Svennis,

Have to remind you that Bati is normaly one of the strikers in Argentina. Of course Lopez must say that, he can't really say that we are useless toghether.
Totti is the playmaker of Roma, but Emerson will surely provide the strikers with some great passes to.:)

·
Registered
312 Posts
svennis said:

It seems like Roma fans and fans from all clubs fail to remember one very important factor: Veron - Lopez - Crespo play together in the national and words of Lopez " Me, Veron and Crespo can find eachother on the field with our eyes closed ".

Yep and the Veron - Lopez - Crespo trio is NOT infalible or invencible and it was proved in the match against Brazil. The Veron - Lopez - Crespo trio couldn't score against Brazil, it was Almeyda a defensive midfielder who scored!!! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts