Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might've read this . Certainly doesn't make the situation any better. Was thinking that he might just make it for the Levekusen games.

But I think its a blessing in disguise, because it has given prominence to players such as Sinama, Baros, Riise, Warnock, Biscan, Finnan & Mellor to get their games up and moving. Not to mention the resurgence of Hyppia and the recognition that Carragher has got himself. Kirkland too has managed to play a major role for a stretch of games.

All in all, Rafa must be pleased that the opportunity to really judge the squad has been a splendid discovery. With the likes of our current first team squad, we still managed to improve our game overall, and be in the running for the 4th spot.

Perhaps this will be the final opportunity for Diao to prove that he can at least play as a replacement for Didi late, and for Biscan to prove his reputation.

I'm very satisfied with the current predicament we're in, as much as the roller-coaster season we've had so far has given me the thrills and chills so extreme that I almost cried when Alonso went off the pitch against Chelsea.

Here's to a good second half of the season.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Well what I've just read is that both Alonso (broken ankle) and Kirkland (back op needed) will be out for 3 months..

So at the moment, we have Josemi, Cisse, Alonso, Baros, Kewell, Smicer, Kirkland and maybe Biscan out injured!! no comments other than.. how can all these fit in the injury treatment room?!!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
This is bordering on unreal. Can't recall any other team ever being in such a ghastly situation! Truly a six sigma event!

·
Registered
300 Posts
well i hope that we get over this storm unshattered but how do we do this . we need the rest of our players to be in good form and the likes of kewell,josemi should come back from their injuries and help the ones that are remaining.i wish chris and alonso speedy recovery.pellegrino has come now and i hope that he will help matters for us.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
gautam said:
This is bordering on unreal. Can't recall any other team ever being in such a ghastly situation! Truly a six sigma event!
Errr just off the top of my head.. Boro in their first relegation season in the EPL :) Got to a stage where they didn't have 5 subs (considering youngsters!) and didn't turn out for a game against Blackburn and were deducted 3 points!!

Actually, the first Souness season was very similar.. Barnes was out for about 6 months.. same for Rush and Whelan.. lengthly injuries to McMahon, Beardsley and even Grobelaar.. Dean Saunders was out for a month (and we'd just bought him).. To me, the fact that Nicky Tanner and Mike Hooper became sort of first team regular says a lot!! :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
at least the physios are earning there money and not gettin bored with owens hamstring problems.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
From LFC Online:
Partridge injury news
Story by Adam Bryant 8 January 2005

Richie Partridge will be out of action for six weeks following keyhole surgery on a knee injury on Thursday.

With Rafael Benitez relying on fringe players in both the FA Cup and League Cup, it will be a major blow for the Irish winger as he seeks to impress the new boss.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts