Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came on as a sub in the 73rd minute for Norwich against the Blueturds this afternoon with Cardiff leading 2-0 and scored twice to give Norwich a 2-2 draw.

Thanks for that Arturo, I owe you one :star:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Where is he and why hasn't our management insured he get regular football? this is a fark up on Corvino's behalf

·
Administrator
53,211 Posts
He took a gamble on a "promising" youth player as that has been your policy, but Lupoli just hasnt been good enough. Be glad you basically have him as a real dud so far of the talents you got.

Ok, Pazzini isnt a hit either, and I doubt Osvaldo will be more then average, but they can be useful. While Lupoli doesnt seem to even to be able to deliver more then a goal or so in frigging Serie B.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Cant call Lupoli a dud... hes never even played for Fiorentina :D He is still just 21 and considering his talents he could become better when hes more mature (and plays more games) Good start to his Norwich career anyway as he set up the equaliser this weekend too.

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
Whats happened to this kid?

He was a great finisher and rightly hailed as the best finisher at Arsenal, when Pires, Henry, Bergkamp etc played...

I would have thought he would get goals no matter where he played..

Hope he fulfills his potential :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
53,211 Posts
Cant call Lupoli a dud... hes never even played for Fiorentina :D He is still just 21 and considering his talents he could become better when hes more mature (and plays more games) Good start to his Norwich career anyway as he set up the equaliser this weekend too.
He was considered not good enough to play, and he hasnt proven them wrong, have he? Not only in Viola, but pro football in general, his age doesnt excuse the fact he has done zip in his career so far. Been loaned out to Derby and Treviso, lower divisions of the big leauges, and didnt do diddly.

He can suprise and show something tangible eventually, but cant really say one can have much of hopes for him, can you? Might have an ok or decent career in a minor team, but more then that, means he needs to step up.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Indeed Wenger said he was one of the best natural finishers he had seen... I think last year at Treviso he was mainly a sub... so at Norwich he will get more playing time which is good for his development. IMO he is still better than the likes of Paolucci who is in the U21 squad.

P.S At Derby he was quite good, especially first half of the season... second half he got dropped, partially because of their system didnt suit him. Lupoli is a number 9 who Derby was playing left wing lol.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I really think he hasn't been playing the game suited to him, akin to Henry at Juve...
having said that, he hasn't shone all that much.

I say get him out of the lower leagues and put him in a top division somewhere, Scotland?

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Do you think that top scottish division is better place to grow that english second division?

Btw, yesterday I accidentally came to this photo
, pretty disappointing transfers they were...

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Lupoli will never make it at Serie A level. He is very overated. The kid is quick and he is a decent finisher but has the touch of a rapist. Can't link up, technically poor, shit house in the air, lazy, inconsistent. He will never play for your first team.

Pazzini is a much better player as is Osvaldo. Pazzini is a good striker. Big, strong and quick, and if he gets a chance he puts it away. Osvaldo is the kind of player fans want to see. Quick and when he gets on the ball you know he is going to run at players. Dont compare these two to Lupoli

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Whatever happened to the Czechs?

To answer your question Pavel, yes I do (I assume by second division you mean the championship - their equiv of Serie B). In Scotland he could sign for Rangers or Celtic and get some Euro experience and 90 min games not full of angry english hacks.

VandenBorre...wowzers....i had such great hope for him

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
You are right, Celtic or Rangers could be an options there but would such clubs ask him? Seeing that last months he is spending between Italian and English Serie B, I can't see what could he offer to either of clubs.

About Czechs, hard to say. Hable seems to be an disappointment, coach of Czech U19 keeps on telling that move to Fiorentina did bad to him, and that he is worse than he used to be. And I believe except the summer when he joined, he never got the chance to train with the senior squad. While Mazuch could be having some future with us, Ujfalusi always speaks very nicely of him and his qualities (although he could hardly tell the press that Mazuch actually sucks hard)...

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I believe it's dog who is to be fed, wolf should be able to take care of himself :lala:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
It is a common expression where I am from too :) Anyway he is a decent player still, I think he should make it to Serie A soon, if he has a good year at Norwich anyway.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
I am from the same part of the World and haven't heard it. I'm save it and I'll use it at an appropriate time. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts