Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well well, who would have guessed back in the summer that the unbeatable frenchies could come out trailing us by 8 points come sunday night, EIGHT points with half the season already gone!...

anyway with them fielding 2 14 yr olds in midfield, how about we start with 4-4-2 like the 2nd half against newcastle with duff-robben-drogba-kezman ? i think lampard-makelele are more than capable of handling the kids...

since knocking them out of the CL last yr nothin has changed in their team, as for chelsea we have 5 or 6 new players like robben,drogba,cech,carvalho etc..i cant see why we should have any fear ..

prediction: draw or 2-1 to za blues...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I think it will be the 4-3-3 but yeah, the 4-4-2 from the New Castle match was awesome.

They will have no answer for Drogba and Robben. Lauren....lol

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
polaris said:
I think it will be the 4-3-3 but yeah, the 4-4-2 from the New Castle match was awesome.

They will have no answer for Drogba and Robben. Lauren....lol

he will start with 4-3-3 so that tiago/smertin will help in stopping pires or henry and will save the 4-4-2 for the 2nd half...somehow i feel he will pick gudju instead of drogba but that in my view is unwise..

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
its a hard choice. Drogba is more straight ahead and will just take the ball and go at goal. Guds will take teh ball and try to play someone else into a chance. This might be the reasonf for the success. Ideally the 4-4-2 is great because then you have both out there and Lampard is more than capable it handling mdifield and little further back.

Gallas at LB also keeps things tight. Bridge is much better attacking but Gallas is so much better defending. I'd like to see 4-4-2

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
BTW its Arse v Chelsea (highbury)

4321 is just about the lineup JM wants. He must be using Drogba for this... getting Drog to full fitness in the past few matches.

Gallas on LB. While the only spot that could be 'tinkered' upon is the Tiago/Smertin Spot. I thought Geremi could do a good job there.

Arsenal's left is something that cannot be taken for granted.. especially in their home ground. Tiago is a Good CM, Smertin can do the defensive work better, Geremi just about do both.... especially contaning Pires.

Will JM put a man... say Gallas on Henry? he just said he wouldnt park a bus in front of goal...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
So.. i am expecting 2-0 to Arsenal , Henry with both :D

Before people attack me , I like Arsenal so i would obviously predict that .
I just love Henry (he is my GOD) (go see soccer24-7)
Because of him i want Arsenal to win the title ( Because I am realistic and liverpool cannot win the title)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
geremi did score that cracker last season against arsenal if i recall :?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
We never play 4 - 4 - 2 :/ Only diamond.

Cant see that.. prtty much can guarantee the team.

Cech
JT
RC
WG
PF
Tiago
Lamps
Maka
Duffer
Robben
Eidur (Just I think over Drogs)

Drogba could come on to make a 4-4-2 or swap straight for Eidur.

2 -1 to us;)

Eidur and JT

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i agree Jacko since eidur didnt play against porto he will definitely start, though i would much rather see drogba for 90 mints..

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
henry_god said:
So.. i am expecting 2-0 to Arsenal , Henry with both :D

Before people attack me , I like Arsenal so i would obviously predict that .
I just love Henry (he is my GOD) (go see soccer24-7)
Because of him i want Arsenal to win the title ( Because I am realistic and liverpool cannot win the title)

Welcome to the forum buddy. :) I am a big Henry fan as well. He rules! :angel:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
KHALID said:
well well, who would have guessed back in the summer that the unbeatable frenchies could come out trailing us by 8 points come sunday night, EIGHT points with half the season already gone!...

anyway with them fielding 2 14 yr olds in midfield, how about we start with 4-4-2 like the 2nd half against newcastle with duff-robben-drogba-kezman ? i think lampard-makelele are more than capable of handling the kids...

since knocking them out of the CL last yr nothin has changed in their team, as for chelsea we have 5 or 6 new players like robben,drogba,cech,carvalho etc..i cant see why we should have any fear ..

prediction: draw or 2-1 to za blues...
I see the arrogance of Mourinho has been transmitted through to the fans.

We'll see who will be laughing when your arrogant shoddy lot get stuffed tomorrow afternoon.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Jose after the match

'Err...it was a good match...but now I just..err...want to go home and have dinner with...err...my wife and children...' :D

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
I can't wait for tomorrow - Prediction: Arsenal are going to absloutely.... draw with you!
I reckon 1-1
BTW please get through to the 4th round of the Cup, so outside the ground we can re-create old times;)

·
MVP
8,991 Posts
I say Chelsea will win 3-2. 5 goal thriller this one :smileani:

By the way, what time will the game be on, maybe I can catch it at a cafe here somewhere? CET time plz.

thanks

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
talk about utter rape: refree looks at henry holding his whistle, henry shoots while refree is looking at him with his back at the goal and with no whistle , goal in refree has no balls to replay it... so 1) no whistle was heard 2)refree wasnt even lookin at the ball nor the goal...

if a player dives for a penalty then fine, but freekick goes in with no whistle, with the wall still not formed (makelel and carvalho 3 metres away from henry) and with ref not even lookin (it could have hit someone's arm and went it) then thats repulsive..

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh and still i dont understand the philosphy behind drogba on the bench...great shots by lamprd and gudju thou, tiago also missed a sitter, not bad for a team playing away :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts