Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized this great fact. That arsenal have more depth than any other team in England. Look at our subs: Kanu, Lauren, Upson, Ljundberg, Grimandi, Manninger, Edmilson, etc. This is even better than Manures. Compare: Ole, Blomqvist, P. Neville, Silvestre, Berg, Fortune, Butt.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
yar
this may be so
but most would say that maybe manure's first team is better.....
not that im saying it is :D
but with this team, arsenal should put up a tougher competition against manure

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah, wev'e got a couple of talented reserves there, but our first team is also very strong. I wouldn't say Man U's team is that much stronger that our team. I'd rather have Bergkamp-Henry at this present moment that Cole-Yorke, we just need a decent right-sided winger.

D

·
0 Posts
Decent, but inconsistent. In terms of the national side, he'll remain in the shadow of Beckham for soem more time.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Right wing ? I know Arsene Wenger praised Lauren's right back qualities too, but he remains a very gifted right midfielder with great potential. Parlour will have to fight to remain a definate starter (although I agree with Moose that he is more than decent).

Ciao.

B

·
0 Posts
parlour a decent midfielder? perhaps, but we need more then decent.

His game seems to be the embodiment of the current english one, possessing it's strengths and sadly it's failings. Strong, powerful, with a high work rate he plays with heart and conviction, but unfortunatly he lacks the skill and technique which are becoming ever more critical. The fact is that as soon as he recieves the ball on the right, any attacking intention we may have, is immediatly swallowed in the black hole of his ability. He can't cross, and often simple passes ran awry, we need people who can keep ball, and contribute effectively to attack, not punt it to the opposition, or the carpark attendents. Decent yes, as a man and a footballer, but we need someone better as first choice.

However, I certainly think he should be retained at the club, he is arsenal, and football is now a squad game, and if we need to rely on a player to give his all....then he is that man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts