Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking over the youth at Arsenal (ive got few gooner nutters as friends:( )

Anyway...

Jose Reyes Not much need to be said. Born 83' he is very special.

Philippe Senderos 85'. Sposed to be the next thing in defdners along with Klompy.

Michal Papadopulos

David Bentley

Francesc Fabregas

Gael Clichy

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
how was Stephen Bradley the other night Jacke ?

can we add him to the list ?

also Ryan Smith

:star: Cesc :star:
and :star: David Bentley :star: will be stars of the future as will Jeremie and Senderos if he they can stay healthy for more than three months ;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Bradley did quite well, although he seems a bit too weak for the reserves at times so the first team is probably not to think about for the next couple of years. He is a talent, no doubt about that but as much as I’d love to see him make it I can’t see him becoming a first team player at The Arsenal to be honest with you.

Ryan has broken his leg, hasn't he ? Or am I mixing him up with someone else?

·
63,337 Posts
i remember people saying that about Ash Cole,that he wouldn't make it because he is weak ;)

yes Smith is out but he is a major prospect.

but i said Volz would captain the club two years ago and probably Germany NT so don't listen to much of what i say.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
And also don't forget Jeremie Aliadiere ;). Borned in 1983 and at the same age as Reyes. Very fast and good pace, his style of playing is similar to Thierry Henry. Good and creative goalscorer, breaking the national record of youth FA Cup which previously held by Michael Owen.

Stuart Taylor is also very young as he is only 23 years old and I expect him to be our future 'safe hands'.

I also notice that Michal Papadopulos is also good striker and somewhat underrated.

Seeing our abundant young talents, I must say that Wenger is a genius. I mean, just look at his signings so far. I remember that there's a thread about "10 Wenger Best Signings", I think some players like Emmanuel Petit and Marc Overmars in that list are going to be replaced by those youngsters in the future. Even players like Tourè and Edu start to climb up to that list as well.

VIVA LE PROFESSOR !! :star:

·
63,337 Posts
yes,Wenger obviously thought Volz wasn't that good,i wonder what defenders he may sign in the summer,Hoyte is still a bit away from first team quality IMO.

course Kolo is a great RB,the best in the country,but we want him in the middle ideally.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I’d love to see Hoyte go on loan sometime soon. I can’t really see him getting in to Premiership side yet, but there should be plenty of division 1 clubs where he could fit in and do a decent job. I think it’s almost impossible for a player to go straight from the reserves to the first team, the step is far too big.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
there is also Birchall this guy is so great
he has the killer instinct

also Owusu-Abeyie the guy is hugely talented
and if he has the right attitude ha can be the next Ronaldo

and really the impressive in my opinion is Anthony Stokes
i saw a 6 or 7 goals for him, this guy is fantastic

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I'm not quite sure if david bentley will be a that but I suppose he's good for future english football. How old is Barrett??

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
barret is about 22 and no longer at arsenal... he plys his trade at coventry....
add to the list..
1. ryan gary
2. justin hyote
3. frankie simek
4. graham stack (he should be competing with taylor for the job thru and thru and i think one of them is likely to take over from jens in the not too distant future)
5. pennant... this lad still has a hughbury future in my mind... despite his attitude and all the crap he has said.... i think he will get his act together sooner rather than later!!

·
63,337 Posts
Umarnino said:
I'm not quite sure if david bentley will be a that but I suppose he's good for future english football. How old is Barrett??

David Bentley is going to be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fero:

i haven't been more excited about a young Englishman since i saw Gascoigne in the Black and white stripes ;)

·
63,337 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
lead guitar was he?;)
:howler:

that was a great joke,but i feel it will be bad in the long run.

not only does it diss Gazza,but it stops the momentum of the Bentley bandwagon going into overdrive. ;)

I have visions of Doris Day in 'calamity Jane; on her stagecoach yelping out ditty's about Bentley ;)

'I just saw a player called David Bentley','David Bentley is mighty pretty'

blah,blah. David Bentley with his zany haircut can become a media moron like Beckham IMO,United are yesterday,Bentley will be the media darling,everything is heading south,yadda,yadda ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
DB37 is a great talent
and if he had a good attitude he'll do what Pennent failed to do maybe more

and I think AW will make him a winger or a DB10 role

·
63,337 Posts
4life :cool:

i think the fact Bentley was given a five year contract shows how much Arsene Wenger rates him,his talent and his attitude.

and it's true Bentley has played as a right sided playmaker for the reserves very much lately,i'd rather see him in the middle but he can adapt to different positions is all good.

I have massive hopes for him,i think he can become a little genius for our club.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
[Bnot only does it diss Gazza,but it stops the momentum of the Bentley bandwagon going into overdrive. ;)

[/B]
not at all, I think very highly of Gascoigne, but as we all know, his was a career that should never have been. What possessed him to leave his place at the boozer, give up the kebabs for a few years and take up professional football, is beyond me. Ill suited for it in temprament, attitude and outlook, his only possible excuse could be that he was just about the greatest talent of the late 80s early 90s, and also, he thought it'd be a laugh.

Anway, lets hope your bentley doesn't have as many crashes as w'or paul did along the way;)

·
63,337 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
not at all, I think very highly of Gascoigne, but as we all know, his was a career that should never have been. What possessed him to leave his place at the boozer, give up the kebabs for a few years and take up professional football, is beyond me. Ill suited for it in temprament, attitude and outlook, his only possible excuse could be that he was just about the greatest talent of the late 80s early 90s, and also, he thought it'd be a laugh.

Anway, lets hope your bentley doesn't have as many crashes as w'or paul did along the way;)

Gazza was just in between times,if he had been born ten years earier he would have been the typical skilful footballer who was overlooked by Don Revie,but he was in the start of the professional era and massive media watch,terrible for him of course.

i reckon the kebebs wouldn't have mattered if he didn't commit harri karri on his legs in that Cup Final,without doubt the most wondrous talent in my lifetime was never the same player,he would have made Baggio look like a workhorse he was so great,and the media would have adored him,i reckon he could have whacked his wife about to his hearts content as long as he was doing the biz for England.

sad,but i fear true.:depress:

but i love Gazza,he i a great guy,he flies all round the world trying to get a game,just because he loves to play football. ;)

·
International
9,526 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
he would have made Baggio look like a workhorse he was so great,and the media would have adored him,i reckon he could have whacked his wife about to his hearts content as long as he was doing the biz for England.

sad,but i fear true.:depress:

I always remember the newspaper headline 'Gazza says he loves Shazza, and now they want a babba':howler: Hilarious stuff at the time, but in retrospect, its heartbreaking when you consider how, what was essentially, a very ordinary couple was propelled head first into the public eye. Ruined their lives really.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts