Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the article and I really don't understand. The government will pay the football club money to attract tourists to Israel...anyone understand this? I saw it on so many websites

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
ירוק OLE! said:
I read the article and I really don't understand. The government will pay the football club money to attract tourists to Israel...anyone understand this? I saw it on so many websites
You can't understand because they haven't explained anything. They will announce what exactly has been signed on Sunday.

Anyway it sounds good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Makes perfect sense!

Prices to Israel from the Uk went down. And tourism is up. In order to motivate tourism, Arsenal agreed to do it. What will they do? All depends....possibly have signs saying "Fly to Israel" on there shirts or even commercial TV ad's in the Uk promoting Israel.

I recall when the CIFA (Canada-israel free trade agreement) started, Israel tourism purchased some time on tv to have there ads. It was good since the late 70's and 80's...it wasnt a good time for Canadians to travel (some Canadians were caught in terror incidents even back then).

So yea...its good....
we could have gotten Rachel Stevens from S-Club, but i guess Arsenal speaks a better tone :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
OK this is the deal. Basically Arsenal will present Israel as their official tourist destination. This will be written in the fan magazines, t-shirts and other places in their new stadium next season (which oddly enough is sponsored by the Emirates :D). Arsenal will also recieve more attention and publicity in Israel with special computer stands dedicated to the gunners and special ticket offers for Arsenal games to Israelis. Not too bad. Now just bring the team itself to play an exhibition match in Israel and we're settled. :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Raanan said:
And another

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/103378.asp

I like the way they describe Israel 'won an exclusive deal', I can't wait to see Henry starring in commercials. :D
Actually I thought that London was the place "infamous for suicide bombings ". On the other hand there isn't any sun there ...;)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
forget his name but the managerial director said that some of the Arsenal players will be coming to Israel, accoridng to y-net

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
This is a not so bad deal.

Kinda weird though.
Arsenal will change the O2 logo next season and go wtih a blockbuster ad deal with the Emirates on there jersey.

If you can recall, Chelsea was the one who came to Israel while they had a Fly Emirates sponsorship, but they took it off. Right now, there is no problems with having Israel be seen on stands in the Arsenal new stadium, while Fly Emirates is being shown...

that should be intresting what happens..
Perhaps Emirates might pull out of there 100 Million dollar deal. You never know...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Some posters from the UAE are crying over this deal in the Political forum. :D I'm loving this, if anything the fact a club that signed a deal with a so called 'other side' country will help promoting Israel is great to show all these smartasses out there football is the sport of peace and race, nationality and other differences have nothing to do with it. Well done Arsenal.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was just a matter of time.......Fly Emirates has expressed their dislike of the deal and it Israel will probably be out of the picture soon according to One.co.il

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I hope our board tell Emirates to go fuk themselves, they are paying for the naming rights, they have fuk all to do with decisions our football club make.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jern Lizardhous said:
I hope our board tell Emirates to go fuk themselves, they are paying for the naming rights, they have fuk all to do with decisions our football club make.
I totally agree with you, but we'll see what happens time will tell

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Arsenal have an extensive community programme with Isreal, helping both Hewish and Arab children.

what is the problem with Emirates? When they negotiatied with David Dein and Danny Fiszmann, did it matter that they were both Jewish?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Kappa21 said:
If you can recall, Chelsea was the one who came to Israel while they had a Fly Emirates sponsorship, but they took it off. Right now, there is no problems with having Israel be seen on stands in the Arsenal new stadium, while Fly Emirates is being shown...

that should be intresting what happens..
Perhaps Emirates might pull out of there 100 Million dollar deal. You never know...
That’s ridiculous.
It's none of Emirate Airline's business whether Arsenal decides to promote tourism in Israel or not.
It would be very unprofessional if they decide to withdraw or whatever.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
panicos said:
Arsenal have an extensive community programme with Isreal, helping both Hewish and Arab children.

what is the problem with Emirates? When they negotiatied with David Dein and Danny Fiszmann, did it matter that they were both Jewish?

Jews are looked down in the UAE.
Its hard to get away from it. It seems that the jews woes comes from the fact that jews have Israel, but its alot worse. Its a good millenia or so of anti-jewish sentiments that make the emirates feel this towards jews.

Its so bad that Jews or Israelis and people wtih Israel stamped on there passport are not allowed to have any rights to access the UAE.
Last year, there was a trip to Abu Dhabi. I got a chance to go to an interview for it (it was free for students...all inclusive) only to find out that i had a "passport violation". Violation for what? I didnt commit a crime when i went abroad. I didnt do anything bad....all i did was have Born in: Israel on my passport. Enough to declare my a violator.

I mean, peace is the goal and reconcilation is the name of the game. How is it anything to reconcile with, when your completely ignoring and refusing to talk to the other side.

In all certainty and i dont want to get political hear, UAE foreign policy simply does not work. And not only it doesn ot work, in reality it still keeps the status quo and makes the palestinains live in hardership since the neighbour states dont do much and the emiraters only see them as a piece of 30 good minutes of news coverage each nite on Al Jazeera, Dubai TV, etc.....

You try to boycott Israel? and good for you. Ignore israel and ask them to not do business with firms who go to Israel. But in reality all firms one way or another do buisness with Israel. We are all capitalist. If someone wants an item, he gets it.... this isnt 1966, but 2006 :irritate:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Lallou said:
That’s ridiculous.
It's none of Emirate Airline's business whether Arsenal decides to promote tourism in Israel or not.
It would be very unprofessional if they decide to withdraw or whatever.

I recall a joke i heard in synagogue once, where a British Jew goes on a an Air Emirate flight and asks the stewartist for Kosher food. And the stewartist looks at him with an irritatated frown and replied "Kosher food? What Kosher food you want? The blood and bones of innocent Fhalistini Children?" and the Brit-Jew goes... "No! Just cook it up a little more, an extra 10 minutes in the stove, thats all" :howler:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Kappa21 said:
I recall a joke i heard in synagogue once, where a British Jew goes on a an Air Emirate flight and asks the stewartist for Kosher food. And the stewartist looks at him with an irritatated frown and replied "Kosher food? What Kosher food you want? The blood and bones of innocent Fhalistini Children?" and the Brit-Jew goes... "No! Just cook it up a little more, an extra 10 minutes in the stove, thats all" :howler:
:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Kappa21 said:
Its so bad that Jews or Israelis and people wtih Israel stamped on there passport are not allowed to have any rights to access the UAE.
Last year, there was a trip to Abu Dhabi. I got a chance to go to an interview for it (it was free for students...all inclusive) only to find out that i had a "passport violation". Violation for what? I didnt commit a crime when i went abroad. I didnt do anything bad....all i did was have Born in: Israel on my passport. Enough to declare my a violator.
Ouch.
To be honest, I sadly think that's how it is in most Arabian-gulf countries. I mean seeing how the UAE is the most ‘free’ country on the gulf. And I'm more than sure it's even stricter in KSA. This country refuses tourism in any case, and take it from a native, there's nothing here to see. Well the Ruins of Saleh are said to be worth a visit.

Jews are welcome in Egypt and Lebanon for sure; there are a few numbers or Arabian Jews there.

You know, a couple of years back I heard in class that there are some existing Saudi-Jews in the southern part of the kingdom. It was funny but sad how the teacher suddenly denied that and was all "WE ARE THE COUNTRY OF ISLAM AND ISLAM ONLY".
It's ridiculous.
They bitch about Muslim's not having right abroad when they don't give people here the freedom of choosing their own religion.
For me it's not a problem personally because I'm Muslim and I embrace it, but just the fact that people can't choose their religion seriously pisses me off. You can't go on forcing your religion on someone. It's just wrong.

Whoa I seriously went off topic, my apologies.

And btw that was a sick joke. I'm not being over-sensetive here, but seriously man.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Lallou said:
Ouch.
To be honest, I sadly think that's how it is in most Arabian-gulf countries. I mean seeing how the UAE is the most ‘free’ country on the gulf. And I'm more than sure it's even stricter in KSA. This country refuses tourism in any case, and take it from a native, there's nothing here to see. Well the Ruins of Saleh are said to be worth a visit.

Jews are welcome in Egypt and Lebanon for sure; there are a few numbers or Arabian Jews there.

You know, a couple of years back I heard in class that there are some existing Saudi-Jews in the southern part of the kingdom. It was funny but sad how the teacher suddenly denied that and was all "WE ARE THE COUNTRY OF ISLAM AND ISLAM ONLY".
It's ridiculous.
They bitch about Muslim's not having right abroad when they don't give people here the freedom of choosing their own religion.
For me it's not a problem personally because I'm Muslim and I embrace it, but just the fact that people can't choose their religion seriously pisses me off. You can't go on forcing your religion on someone. It's just wrong.

Whoa I seriously went off topic, my apologies.

And btw that was a sick joke. I'm not being over-sensetive here, but seriously man.
Don´t worry, sometimes we also get off topic. I agree on what you said, too bad some leaders don´t think that way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts