Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fero: I'm starting this one early :fero:

This derby is of course after we hopefully beat Blackburn and Chelsea. With Big Phil and Sol hopefully in the team I don't think we're going to see another repeat of the 5-4 classic :thmbup:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And now, for some jokes ... :D

---------

Three friends all die at the same time and end up at the pearly gates where Albert Einstein is waiting for them. The first chap approached and Alby asks him, "What is your IQ, my good man?"

"250" the chap replies.

"Ah excellent. We can participate in meaningful and articulate discussions with my mates Plato and Newton about the Theory of Relativity, Chaos Theory, Astrophysics and the Theory of Everything. We will have much to discuss. You may enter."

The second fellow approached the gate and Albert asks him the same question.

"150" was the reply.

"Ah good. We can discuss the fascinating subjects of History, Philosophy, Economics and Sociology. We will have much to discuss. You may enter."

The third chap approaches the gate nervously.

"Now my good man, what is your IQ?"

"50" the third man replies sheepishly. To which Alby's response was ....

"How about Tottenham, hey?"

----------

Q: What do you say to a Spurs fan that has a job?
A: "Can I have a Big Mac and medium fries, please?"

----------

Q: Why wasn't Jesus born at White Hart Lane?
A: God couldn't find three wise men or a virgin.

----------

Q: Why should Spurs be sponsored by EIDOS, City's old sponsor?
A: ELEVEN IDIOTS DREMING OF SUCCESS

----------

Fire brigade phones Daniel Levy, president of Tottenham, in the early hours of Sunday morning ...
"Mr Levy sir, White Hart Lane is on fire!"
"The cups man! Save the cups!" replies Levy.
"Uh, the fire hasn't spread to the canteen yet, sir."

----------

Today is Robbie Keane's birthday and he will be having a meal with his team-mates tonight. However, they will have to eat with their hands as they have no silverware.

----------

Spurs supporters are:

- 60% more likely than average to have a maximum of first year High School education;
- 41% more likely than the average person to be in the lowest (FG) socio-economic group;
- 41% more likely to be earning less than $10,000 per year;
- 30% more likely to be semi-skilled workers;
- 29% more likely to smoke cigarettes than the average Englishman;
- 25% more likely to live in a household of five or more people;
- 23% more likely to own a cat.

More to follow. :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
blimey, you are early, you might as well start the Chavs one as well. ;)

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
khimik said:
:fero: I'm starting this one early :fero:
oh, go you!! you little daredevil!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Petros said:
oh, go you!! you little daredevil!
Others must admire us gooners for our bravery. Like khimik, boldly going where no other moderater dare tread. We should be proud. I'm glad you're proud petros.

·
63,337 Posts
Henry's recovery hits the rocks

By Steve Stammers, Evening Standard

22 April 2005

Thierry Henry has been hit by a new injury blow that will keep him out of action for at least another two weeks.

The Arsenal striker had hoped to recover from his groin injury in time to face Tottenham at Highbury on Monday, a game in which defeat for the home side may see Chelsea officially crowned Premiership champions.

But the French international, who was forced to pull out of the FA Cup semi-final win against Blackburn last Saturday after hurting himself in training, is still feeling discomfort from the injury and is likely to miss the derby game and Premiership clashes at West Bromwich Albion and against Liverpool at home.

The news will be a blow to coach Arsene Wenger, who is desperate for his side to finish second and avoid having to qualify for the Champions League in the summer.

Henry is the leading scorer with 25 goals this season and his standin Jose Antonio Reyes has struggled to find consistency.

There may also be further frustration for England defender Sol Campbell on Monday.

Campbell has been fit for the last fortnight and is finding it hard to oust either Kolo Toure or Philippe Senderos from the central defence.

The nearest he has come so far is a place on the bench against Chelsea on Wednesday but he did not come on.

Both Toure and Senderos excelled at Stamford Bridge and Campbell may again find himself among the substitutes when Arsenal take on the club he left in such controversial circumstances three seasons ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

two weeks :sigh:

looks like Henry will have to break Ian Wright's record in the F.A.Cup Final now, oh well. ;)

hopefully Wenger will play either Ali or RvP in this game, we need a goal threat upfront and lately it doesn't look like coming from Bergkamp and Reyes who both never seem to get into the box. :sigh:

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
I guess its fair enough for Reyes. He is getting his chances now and is not being overshadowed by Henry. It'll be crystal clear by the end of the season where he stands and whether he should stay here or not.

·
63,337 Posts
nEEbz said:
I guess its fair enough for Reyes. He is getting his chances now and is not being overshadowed by Henry. It'll be crystal clear by the end of the season where he stands and whether he should stay here or not.
but he's not looking like scoring though, i'd play him wide midfield with Pires on the other side and give Ali a go as he has been prolific for the reserves as usual.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
I still prefer Reyes as a striker than wide midfield player. I know he has come out really good playing wide midfield for us , but i guess its more because of the fact that he has been playing for Sevilla in the midfield. I might be wrong here but I guess his potential lies as a striker. He just have to work on first touch. He can surely produce wonders.

I still think he would be one of those exceptions who actually excelled even after leaving Arsenal.

·
63,337 Posts
you might be right, but at the moment we need a better goal threat and i think Ali is the man.

also we need to give Ali at least a chance this season or he might decide to leave us and join PSG. :sigh:

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
If Ali had the body of Reyes or Reyes had the heart of Ali .... we would've won the EPL :D

·
63,337 Posts
nEEbz said:
If Ali had the body of Reyes or Reyes had the heart of Ali .... we would've won the EPL :D
and if either had what Henry has, we would have broken every goalscoring record that has ever been set. ;)

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
I don't know why but I am day-dreaming for the last couple of weeks that we have signed Steve Gerrard and SWP. :googly: :lick:

1 - 20 of 177 Posts