Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the anticipated games for both Arsenal and Spurs fans. Arsenal wll want to stay Top of the League and Spurs will do everything in their power to stop us!

The worst news is Vieira goes into the game 1 yellow card away from suspension, however Wenger said to Vieira, 'Don't worry about getting booked, just play your normal game.'
Ashley Cole is out, but Ray Parlour could return, which is great because Parlour isalways up for the Derby games.

Possible Lineup;

==========Seaman
Luzhny==Campbell==Keown==Lauren
Wiltord==Parlour==Vieira==Ljungberg
========Henry==Bergkamp

I think Adams will be on the bench for this one, or he could start ahead of Keown. Edu will play if Parlour isn't fit.

Spurs Team News.

Spurs will give fitness tests to four players as they aim to put a spoke in the wheel of their bitter rivals' Premiership title challenge.

Ledley King, Christian Ziege and keeper Neil Sullivan all sat out the Easter Monday success against Leeds, but all could return at Highbury.

Ben Thatcher played in that game, but he has been suffering from a high teamperature this week and Glenn Hoddle will assess him tomorrow.

Kasey Keller and Matthew Etherington again stand by.

It doesn't matter if these players play or not, they're all crap anyway.

I predict a 3-0 win!
Bergkamp,Henry,Freddie

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
freggie sys if we win this derby we'll win the EPL title
so lets do it then
and let ferggie be right for once

i am watching the game live tonight
i really can't wait
although i have a bad curse on arsenal when i watch it live
FA cup final last year
and uefa cup
:depress:

i hope it turns around!
but this will be a hard match so i aint hoping for a big score
a narrow win will do
ANYTHING BUT A LOSE!!!
to keep the pressure on man u and liverpool
i would really like it if we stay no.1 on the table until it finishes

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
We'll win. We Have to win. I'll be watching the game, so I'm hoping for another 3-0 win, goals from Ljungberg, Bergkamp and Henry!! (And maybe a header from Sol ;) )

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
spurs is out with like 4 players
so they'll be worrying alot
we got parlour adams and lauran back so tats good news

·
Registered
171 Posts
WOW!

The refree nearly took away 2 points from us, until he realized that even with one point we would win the league, the he gave us another penalty. :eek: If i was watching it live I could have got a stroke on 81th minute.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ratings: Seman 8 (The bets keeper in the league right now, no doubt) Lauren 8 Adams 8 Campbell 8 Luzney 8 Wiltord 7 Edu 8 ½ (The best game I`ve seen him done, He was great) Vieira 8 Ljungberg 8 ½ (The work he does both offensive and defensive is fantastic, Henry 7, Bergkamp 8.
Parlour 7 ½ Kanu -, Didn`t play long enough.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im just back from the match and the celebrations after in a Pub in North London. Man what a match. But I must say I am disgusted with the Scum's match plan. Poyet, Sherwood and Sheringham kicked the living s*it out of Vieira, they did their best to get him booked, but Viera showed he was the bigger man and just walked away with a few bruises.
But what an ending, we were 1-1 after dominating all the play and then Henry was brought down inside the area. But then Henry had to leave the pitch as he was treated to his injury, so Lauren stepped up and very cooly rolled it down the centre of the goal.
Anyway another 3 points. We only need 4 more wins to take the Title. Oh God we are so close now, Don't blow it Arsenal!

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Watched the whole game. Overall, if anything it proves Arsenal's resilience and only shows why they're favourites for the title. Arsenal dominated much of the game, but in the end we saw a thrilling finale in which two penalties- one for Spurs and one for Arsenal- decided the score. The double is definitely in your sights!

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Damn what a close game! They were lucky to get that penalty, but so were we. Henry isn't injured badly is he? Edu just keeps getting better and is more than making up for the loss of Pires. I was yelling at the TV for Lauren to take the penalty, and he did!!
Looks like your curse has been lifted SW ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
My heart is still racing after that game. When Sheringham got that penalty I almost broke everything in my friends lounge room.
Personaly to me the MOM was Freddie. He did everything right and just worked his heart out.
We deserved the 3 points and we got them. That was a bad call to give Tottenham that penalty but luckily we still came out on top.
Great defensive job at the back and we are all the more closer now. We need 12 point of the 15 to secure the title if Liverpool and Utd keep winning.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Yep a thoroughly deserved victory for Arsenal, they dominated for most of the match. I don't think it was a penalty for Spurs and the commentators and many others agreed with me :D but I guess the ref had to square the ledger and award Arsenal a panelty ;) Lauren just snuck it in under such great pressure :cool:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i thought hotspurs played crap in the first half
and we did very well in the first
sad to see we werent 2-0 up when freddie cought the ball from parry. he should of passed it to the centre instead of going for goal.

in the 2nd half hotspurs really wanted to come back. and arsenal i thought drew back a little like if they wre inviting them or something. berggy shouldnt of been subbed i reckon. should of been henry who didnt play that well. but he did prove useful afterwards.
it was scary to see ray parlour almost getting into a fight which would of gotten him a red card and arsenal with 1 man less.

suck crap to sherwood and teddy who i thought should of been sent off. edu, freddie and berggy played ever so well.
good to see also viera not picking up a card in this derby.

i was about to punch the wall when teddy got that penalty
but my heart was on the verge of breaking if lauran missed that penalty
but he didnt
thank god...

we won!
great job
goodbye foxes...

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
What a match.........I saw the game and it was truly a great win for Arsenal........

It;s a rought game---u should expect it as it is a derby game ....
Vieira was fouled almost everytime because Spurs know that Vieira is the soul of our midfield........

Our best player is Ljunberg !! He scored a great goal for us.....
ALL the credit also for Lauren for being such a calm penatly taker !!-----Lauren might should take all our penalties as Henry had misses a few crucial ones.........

COngrats to Arsenal------------We deserve the title guys !!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts