Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's just get this bloody thing over with. No Lauren and no Vieira = bad but we'll just have to make do against a very crappy side who'll play defensive and dull and whatnot.

Lehmann/Almunia
Hoyte Toure Campbell Cole
Ljungberg Flamini Fabregas Pires
Reyes Henry

SUBS: Lehmann/Almunia Senderos Cygan Clichy and beats the hell out of me.
 

·
Defunct
Joined
·
23,341 Posts
Rosenborg are still riding on some awful form, were expected to dominate the Scandinavian "Royal League" but they've been pants so far. If they can't even beat Swedish clubs there's no way they can get anything out of this match. Basically a walk over for you guys.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
well our first clean sheet in i don't know how long should give us a bit of confidence, i expect at least a 2-0 win here and we must hope for no more injurues or Larsson and Djourou will be playing agaisnt Chelsea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,621 Posts
Personally i would go with this formation

Lehman, we need experience for this one
hoyte , kolo, sol, cole

ljunberg, pires, cesc, reyes
henry, van persie

we need the most possible experience in this one, thats why i would start pires in center midfield, and lehman in goal, i think its time vanp starts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,808 Posts
2-0

Henry,Freddie
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
will most probably be, knowing wenger

aluminia
toure cygan! campbell cole
ljunberg flamini cesc pires
bergkamp(if hes fit) henry

subs: reyes, hoyte, senderos, lehman, v.persie,pennant, djourou
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been having a think about it today in between sneezing (any of you get hayfever? It's a right prick of an allergy to have) and whatnot.

I've been some extended highlights of the game and saw that Wenger implementing Clichy in front of Cole eliminated Gronkjaer from the play all together but it also adds an attacking element as Cole and Clichy can easily overlap and swap positions at free will.

I also think that Reyes needs to sit a few matches out, he is going through a right horrible patch and by making him play again we are just making it worse for him! So, I would play this formation if neither Dennis or van Persie are fit enough to play:

PHP:
Alumunia
Hoyte Kolo Sol Cole
Pires Flamini Cesc Clichy
Freddie Henry
However if Dennis or van Persie are fit enough to play, I'd go with a lineup resembling this one:

PHP:
Alumunia
Hoyte Kolo Sol Cole
Pires Freddie Cesc/Flamini Clichy
Bergkamp/RvP Henry
I think the time has come to move Freddie from the right wing, his best performances have come playing on the left or centre. Positions where he has the license to be free and move about. That is what his game is all about, movement. On the right wing he is kind of bogged down there, against the brum he really came into his own when he was moved upfront.

Those two formations are also based on Reyes not playing, as I REALLY think he should sit out for a bit and go for some rest and relaxtion in Spain. I'm not sure if he has the fitness at this stage to be playing full pelt at this time of the season.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
I think Petros is right, he will play Kolo at RB and bring Cygan in the team, i am not worried about this as if Campbell is there Cygan won't be as bad as he is with Kolo.

about CM i think we have to play Flamini, Bobby and Fred to play there would leave just too many holes for to fill.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
khimik said:
I've been having a think about it today in between sneezing (any of you get hayfever? It's a right prick of an allergy to have) and whatnot.

I've been some extended highlights of the game and saw that Wenger implementing Clichy in front of Cole eliminated Gronkjaer from the play all together but it also adds an attacking element as Cole and Clichy can easily overlap and swap positions at free will.

I also think that Reyes needs to sit a few matches out, he is going through a right horrible patch and by making him play again we are just making it worse for him! So, I would play this formation if neither Dennis or van Persie are fit enough to play:

PHP:
Alumunia
Hoyte Kolo Sol Cole
Pires Flamini Cesc Clichy
Freddie Henry
However if Dennis or van Persie are fit enough to play, I'd go with a lineup resembling this one:

PHP:
Alumunia
Hoyte Kolo Sol Cole
Pires Freddie Cesc/Flamini Clichy
Bergkamp/RvP Henry
I think the time has come to move Freddie from the right wing, his best performances have come playing on the left or centre. Positions where he has the license to be free and move about. That is what his game is all about, movement. On the right wing he is kind of bogged down there, against the brum he really came into his own when he was moved upfront.

Those two formations are also based on Reyes not playing, as I REALLY think he should sit out for a bit and go for some rest and relaxtion in Spain. I'm not sure if he has the fitness at this stage to be playing full pelt at this time of the season.
may i remind you ljunberg only played behind the strikers for like the last 15 minutes yesterday, so i dont understand where u r getting this idea that he is the new bergkamp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uhh, I'm not. Just because he can play there next to Henry doesn't make him the next Henry - nor did I say that. He's played as a striker before and is FAR more equipped to do it than Pires is. Don't you even remember the Cup against Leeds?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
khimik said:
Uhh, I'm not. Just because he can play there next to Henry doesn't make him the next Henry - nor did I say that. He's played as a striker before and is FAR more equipped to do it than Pires is. Don't you even remember the Cup against Leeds?
well, why are you suddenly going on that he is a great support striker now and that he should start upfront instead of reyes or bergkamp??
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
I agree khimik, Fred is a better option than Reyes at the moment, he has played well there many times going back to OT all them years ago when he scored.

but i really doubt Wenger will do it, Reyes has to snap out of it some time, i don't think it's tiredness just going off the boil, maybe he'll come back to the boil v Chelsea, he likes Chelsea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Petros said:
well, why are you suddenly going on that he is a great support striker now and that he should start upfront instead of reyes or bergkamp??
Because Reyes is out of form and shit at the moment and Bergkamp is still injured, and I also didn't claim he was a great support striker either. I said he is a good player centrally when given the license to roam more. His best work for us was done in 01/02 when he was popping up everywhere.

Freddie has done the job for us there before and is a hell of a lot better than Pires playing as a striker next to Henry. He won't drift left either.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
i thought reyes played well yesterday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Prediction: Arsenal 1 - 2 RBK
I'm I being a bit too optimistic? Probably, yes....

We stand no chance.. The players are tired after a long season (Champions League, Royal league, Norwegian League and Norwegian Cup)..
 

·
Proud Juventino.
Joined
·
20,505 Posts
a do or die match for you guys ;)

but you will pass, god it's rosenborg and in highbury :D

but i think arsenal's journey will be ended in the next round (16th),, cuz there r many in-form teams now in the ucl.
 

·
Welcome To Jamrock
Joined
·
9,729 Posts
Arsenal should win this but it will probably be another boring draw: 1-1 :relieved:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Egyptian_Juventino said:
but i think arsenal's journey will be ended in the next round (16th),, cuz there r many in-form teams now in the ucl.
Too early to tell at the moment. I mean, it's two months away so anything could happen between now and then. Barcelona could go on a spiral of continous defeats for all we know!
 
1 - 20 of 164 Posts
Top