Xtratime Community banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

· Registered
5,228 Posts
Agreed. Didn't think Denilson had a particularly good game today. Got caught on the ball a few times and gave some bad passes as well. He can only get better and he may get that time to improve as I just can't see Wenger paying big money for a DM.

Maybe it's time for a gamble but not one that will hurt so much in the pocket and could be an investment not just for what remains for this season but for many years to come. Wenger should be taking a look at this:
I don't think it has to do with money as much as it has to do with the system. Wenger picks players that show certain qualities for a reason. Look at Hleb. I'm sure Wenger knows that Denilson isn't cutting the mustard just yet so he'll get a central midfielder that can provide the team with a lift.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Betis and Liverpool have already been linked with Diame. He has had a fantastic season so far at Rayo Vallecano. It appears that he can be one of the best defensive midfielders in europe.

Diame is a strong and true fighter, an aggresive, tireless worker in the centre of the field. He can control with both feet which makes it easy for him to escape pressure and send accurate long balls to the attack. His greatest ability is his aerial domination as he has a very good natural jump. He has a buyout clause of 6 million euros.

Ok so the write up is over the top and there is a question mark about maybe his technical ability but if clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid are after him there must to something to this player. He sounds like that destroyer, animal we need in the middle. Maybe Wenger could get a steal on the others by guaranteeing him first team football. He is French of Senegalese descent. Wenger could woo him :smileani:
He sounds just like the type of player Wenger would buy. Has he had any type of involvement with the national side? Wenger likes French players that have been through Clairefontaine, so if he has then it would be even more likely that he would sign him. Him playing in Spain's second division is also promising as AW likes that particular league when it comes to the development of players.

I don't know why, but this time around, I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger picks up someone like Aquilani.

Links with big clubs are a bit misleading. If a kid plays a good game they always link him with everyone. But that could just be his agent trumping up publicity for his client. I wouldn't count on that as much as I would his involvement with the French set-up in Clairefontaine. Wenger always follows a few players for a few seasons before he picks them up.

· Registered
20,024 Posts
That guy just sounds like Song tbh. I don't really see the point in buying a player like that i.e. young and not guaranteed to perform.
Song is a bit of a prissy though. Doesn't have a lot of presence.

He sounds just like the type of player Wenger would buy. Has he had any type of involvement with the national side? Wenger likes French players that have been through Clairefontaine, so if he has then it would be even more likely that he would sign him. Him playing in Spain's second division is also promising as AW likes that particular league when it comes to the development of players.
No this player doesn't have the national or Clairefontaine credentials. It seems he had a setback in his early development. If you want that Matuidi of Saint Etienne is your man. Wouldn't say no to him either. Being from Clairefontaine is not a necessity though. Think Wenger has signed more french players that are not from that school over time.

Lots of people are demanding certain players but all we hear is the same old tired names being trotted out. This player is just an example of what I hope Wenger can come up with. One of his classic slightly off the radar purchases.

· Registered
1,852 Posts
to be fair, portsmouth were fcuking awful like us. we only happened to score due to jame's dodgy errors. otherwise this game would be fair at 0-0. neither team deserved it imo
Yes, we "only" managed to score, something pompey didn't. STFU and stop bashing the team. A win is a win, no matter how.

It really annoys me people like you. Grumpy, no matter we lose or we win :yuck:

· Registered
5,160 Posts
Song is a bit of a prissy though. Doesn't have a lot of presence.

No this player doesn't have the national or Clairefontaine credentials. It seems he had a setback in his early development. If you want that Matuidi of Saint Etienne is your man. Wouldn't say no to him either. Being from Clairefontaine is not a necessity though. Think Wenger has signed more french players that are not from that school over time.

Lots of people are demanding certain players but all we hear is the same old tired names being trotted out. This player is just an example of what I hope Wenger can come up with. One of his classic slightly off the radar purchases.
If we go to France for a DM, we should really make a run at Jean II Makoun of Lyon who is already a proven, top quality player.

· Registered
5,228 Posts
Not really. I think Wiltord & Cygan were the only non-Clairefontaine signings but I may be wrong. Diaby, Sagna, Clichy, Gallas and Nasri are all involved with Clairefontaine. Before them Henry, Pires and Vieira were all Clairefontaine products. I don't think the academy players are the only ones Wenger will sign but going by his pattern of signings, it is more likely that he will. He also likes ex-Auxerre players because of their academy.

Me too. I hope he picks up someone awesome who is completely off the radar.

· Registered
20,024 Posts
Not really. I think Wiltord & Cygan were the only non-Clairefontaine signings but I may be wrong. Diaby, Sagna, Clichy, Gallas and Nasri are all involved with Clairefontaine. Before them Henry, Pires and Vieira were all Clairefontaine products. I don't think the academy players are the only ones Wenger will sign but going by his pattern of signings, it is more likely that he will. He also likes ex-Auxerre players because of their academy.
There is a list here of notable Clairefontaine products. Don't know if they have missed out players but you would think it unlikely because they list players that are not household names.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairefontaine

· 소원을 말해봐
5,414 Posts
Yes, we "only" managed to score, something pompey didn't. STFU and stop bashing the team. A win is a win, no matter how.

It really annoys me people like you. Grumpy, no matter we lose or we win :yuck:
ok mr confident. we'll play like that the rest of the season (as we have been for this season), and we'll only beat teams under 12th place. maybe not even that. playing like how we did against pompey is our main problem of this 08-09 season, open your eyes up and look at how we've lost against so many teams and you'll see why i'm "grumpy".

look at our chances, they only came when james made 3 errors with misjudging where the ball would go. Pompey however almost scored with a peter crouch header. if we cant break down a low-confidence/terrible pompey side there is no chance we can win against anyone else my friend. i'm not bashing us, i'm merely pointing out every problem with our side. which is, we're awful today. so what we got 3 points, we're not going to get many points playing like this for the rest of the season.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.