Xtratime Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Song and Djourou are surely out but Ade returns.

Possible line-up

Almunia

Sagna----Toure----Gallas----Clichy

Eboue----Denilson-----Diaby-----Nasri

RVP---Ade

Subs :Fabianski, Ramsey, Silvestre, Bendtner, Vela, Randall and Wilshere

· Registered
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Gallas saves the day.

Vital victory but the January trasnfer window can't come soon enough.

· Registered
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
what a terrible game. somehow i dont believe we deserved the 3points. a draw would be more fair imo. well 3 points is 3 points i guess.
Unless we add more quality this is exactly what we can expect for the rest of the season. What we have at best is a squad with a lot of potential but in terms of the consistent quality needed week in and week that is required to excel in the PL we are simply not up to it.

I keep hearing the media talk about confidence and leadership but facts are the most important aspect in any squad is quality. It's damn easy to be confidant when you have a GK like Mad Jens, a CM duo of Vieira/Edu and Henry, DB and Pires terrorizing the opposition. I know it's highly unlikely but signing the likes of Arteta, Inler, another winger plus the return of Theo and Eddie should surely see us nick 4TH from Aston Villa.

· Registered
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I don't like Diaby as a play maker. I like him better further up the pitch. Ramsey looked a hell of a lot better this game. Denilson was completely and utterly invisible. Maybe it was because he was holding, but he provided no spark. Can't really complain about the rest of the team as it was the midfield which caused us to look so lethargic. If Wenger gets a quality DM, I think the team improves by about 60%. We still lack width though. These were the most unlikely three points we've earned all season.
It's why AW drives me nuts.

It's what you get with kids, Ramsey was sub par against Villa at best but today we saw a different player, Denilson and Diaby on the other hand while both good against Villa were total non factors today. Look at Sagna game in and game out the man is class just pure unmitigated class, it's what you get from top players between 24-30, they have the quality, experience and grit to get the job done no matter what the circumstances. I truly feel bad for this squad, they truly are giving everything thing they have esp since the Man City debacle but they need help and it's up to AW to provide the squad with an injections of a few more Sagna's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.