Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nothing to say that won't break the swear filters on this forum. Let's just get this over and done with.

:( :( :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Arsenal now lack belief, the players lack belief. somebody once said to me that we are one season wonderers and retain a title. it is sad but its also true. I feel arsenal enjoy coming back from ablivion to stardom, but cannot sustain it for long.

this is similar to young players we but from nowhere, nurture them than send them on their way. it is part and parcel of our downfall. I justhope we can spring another finall suprise before the end.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I understand what you are trying to say, but calling us one season wonders is very wrong, because we have won the league 3 times in the last eight seasons. We never seem to improve our squad, this is due to lack of funding, which is due to our new stadium. Oh well.... we can't all have russian billionaire's to look after us.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
one season wonders ? i think it's more like the most horrific spell we've played for a few years, the lack of confidence in the team has been multiplied by having quite a few players out at a time when our squad is the youngest ever, Wenger surely should have foreseen this.

judge the Arsenal on how they bounce back, so far it's not good, i am sure we can get our form back though, just small things have to change, the return to form of Bergkamp being the biggest one IMO.

hopefully 1 or 2 new faces as well.

i hope to see Reyes back for this game and Eboue giving another go.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If there's an upside to all of this is that if this season is our worst ever, next season should be one of our best. At least that's what happened last time :pp

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
what the hell is wrong with all you ****in gooners? have some faith will you....
Believe in Arsenal... we know how to drop a lead larger than this... and we sure as hell will know how to chase one... the trophy is never given to CHE-****IN-SKI or anyone for that matter till the last game... have faith and watch and see what happens...

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
gunner4ever said:
what the hell is wrong with all you ****in gooners? have some faith will you....
Believe in Arsenal... we know how to drop a lead larger than this... and we sure as hell will know how to chase one... the trophy is never given to CHE-****IN-SKI or anyone for that matter till the last game... have faith and watch and see what happens...
i tried saying that, but they dont listen

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
It's not a matter of Chelsea dropping points as even the most devoted Blues would admit that a few loses and or draws are inevitable, the really worry is our form or more accurately our depth or lack there of.

I have no quams with a finishing second as injuries gutted us from day one, the thing the gets me is all of us Gooners here said we need to add some depth last summer and for some reason AW saw it otherwise and it's come back to haunt us. The odds of Sol, DB 10 and Paddy missing games were high, and the Edu fiasco was well underway way back in July and again no action from AFC. It's great the youth are getting a real run in and in a few years time this season will become invaluable to AFC but still we should have been in a much better spot than we're in at the moment, particularly when we have at the very least 15 million just sitting there from the Trabelsi/Angulo/Jeffers episodes.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Newcastle are toss at the moment, so i'd expect us to pick up the 3 points. This simply wasnt going to be our season, we peaked far too early and the injuries to some of our key players capped it off.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Again you Gooners are loosing the plot. We peaked we had our down turn and i expect to see a huge winning streak like the 97-98 double winning season just around the corner.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gunner4ever

I really hope you right because this is our worst spell with lack of confidence and players unrest.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
3-1

Henry,Pires,Cesc...Shearer

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

Henry & Ljugnberg

·
Banned