Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Sol's out then Senderos is going to have to come in as Cygan is still injured from sitting on his arse (literally, that's how he got injured). Lauren may or may not play, I'd expect Pires to come back in and if Dennis isn't back yet then RVP will obviously start again.

A guess would be:

Almunia
Lauren Toure Campbell Cole
Ljungberg Vieira Fabregas Pires
van Persie Henry

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
If Sol is out but Lauren's fit I think AW will put out a simillar 11 as the one that faced Norwich in Augest, with Hoyte at CB ahead of Senderos.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wenger's said on the BBC that Sol is a serious doubt for City and may be 'rested' until Bolton in two weeks time. Supposedly his ankle turned when he slipped on the mud as he landed and with Cygan being injured and Lauren possibly still out Senderos will start, I'd imagine.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
There is something seriously dodgy going on I think. Edu, should of been fit about 2 weeks ago, and yet no sign of him today? I think he is definetely out.

Lauren, was also not playing today but was expected to be fit. This along with his contract running out, Along with the signing of Eboue and along with the supposed interest in Ramos. I think Lauren is OUT too.

Cygan also?? He hasen't been on the bench for months and has some sort of mystery injury if thats what you believe. I think all 3 are out this transfer window

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Petros said:
There is something seriously dodgy going on I think. Edu, should of been fit about 2 weeks ago, and yet no sign of him today? I think he is definetely out.
See: Wiltord, Sylvain. Good riddance either way.

Lauren, was also not playing today but was expected to be fit. This along with his contract running out, Along with the signing of Eboue and along with the supposed interest in Ramos. I think Lauren is OUT too.
I think you're reading into things too much as usual. Lauren injured his knee and didn't look comfortable all night on Wednesday. Plus, he's been playing nearly non-stop all season.

We're being linked constantly to Ramos, Navas, Puerta and all these other Sevilla youngsters because of Reyes. I thought you would've spotted this by now, but I guess not.

Cygan also?? He hasen't been on the bench for months and has some sort of mystery injury if thats what you believe. I think all 3 are out this transfer window
Cygan injured his back. Don't know if you'd noticed with Gilberto also doing having an injured back, but they take longer than five weeks to heal. Wenger's said that Cygan comes back into training on Monday.

Edu and Cygan'll go, Lauren'll stay.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd imagine a midtable French club would find him quite handy. He's not THAT bad.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many times. He isn't as bad as people make him out to be, especially in a slower-tempo style of football on the continent. It's why he's usually pretty good when it comes to Champions League matches. Same goes for Gilberto.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
no, completely the opposite for gilberto

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uh-huh. I guess that's why Gilberto's best performances have been in Europe where the tempo is slower. Right.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
not yo sure about cygan, since we have conceded goals in a 5 games out of 6 in the CL, but gilberto has been fine in the CL, and premiership.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
khimik said:
Uh-huh. I guess that's why Gilberto's best performances have been in Europe where the tempo is slower. Right.
where did you get that from??? He is much better in the premiership. He is big and strong, with not much skill, not the best passer or shooter in the game. Premiership suits him much better

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Goals conceded against Rosenborg (both times), PSV and Panathinaikos away weren't his fault. It was Edu's fault in Norway, Vieira's fault in Eindhoven, Lehmann's fault in Athens and the one against Rosenborg at Highbury was Almunia's. The only directly at the fault of Cygan was his own goal, and there wasn't a lot he could do about it anyway.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Petros said:
where did you get that from??? He is much better in the premiership. He is big and strong, with not much skill, not the best passer or shooter in the game. Premiership suits him much better
For the love of ... Gilberto's style is continental. He's slow and methodical in his style of play, but he's still an excellent player. His wall style protection sometimes isn't as effective in England because he doesn't get a lot of time to clear it properly which he gets in Europe because THE TEMPO IS SLOWER THERE. He is the perfect Serie A player and he would do excellently in La Liga because the tempo is SLOWER THERE. His best performances have come in Europe where he generally is outstanding ... WHERE THE TEMPO IS SLOWER!

Do you get it yet!?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He did move his head ... he was doing what a defender is supposed to do: block the shot. I bet if that happened to Sol nobody would remember it. Cygan's not good enough for Arsenal I can concede, but he isn't as bad as people think he is. He'd walk into every Premiership defence outside of the top three and maybe Liverpool.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
khimik said:
For the love of ... Gilberto's style is continental. He's slow and methodical in his style of play, but he's still an excellent player. His wall style protection sometimes isn't as effective in England because he doesn't get a lot of time to clear it properly which he gets in Europe because THE TEMPO IS SLOWER THERE. He is the perfect Serie A player and he would do excellently in La Liga because the tempo is SLOWER THERE. His best performances have come in Europe where he generally is outstanding ... WHERE THE TEMPO IS SLOWER!

Do you get it yet!?

:dielaugh: haha, i think petros gets it now, where the tempo is slower.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts