Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time to get revenge for that disgraceful way they knocked us out of the CL last season after paying the referees, not that I am bitter or bear a grudge or anything like that, but I hope Ken Dodd dies in a freak boating accident.

any news on Nasri being back, we can hope, also it has to be the return of Eboue :pp Denilson just cannot play wide end of, we need to get some width to our play and stretch the match out.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Liverpool are going to go to the Emirates and behave as though they are a championship side. When I saw them play against Chelsea this season, the lack of attacking intent shown was disgraceful from a side that considers themselves elite. Liverpool defend well as a unit and are very compact which means that going forward the Arsenal players cannot be predictable. Its going to be interesting because unlike the United game you aren't going to be seeing a lot of space because Rafa just wont set out the his team to play like that.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carragher normally falls over though against us, so we just have to wait for that space. :pp

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
We'll win this game no doubt. Will we win at Villa Park though? Don't know.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
This game is more than just EPL. I still cannot get over what they did to us last season in the CL.

Please ease the pain for all us Gooners and destroy Liverpool.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I used to really like Liverpool if it wasnt Arsenal then it was Liverpool for me
But after that Champions league match
I only have hate for them
And as for Kuyt **** you , you son of a biatch
Really would enjoy a trashing

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Flick of the coin as to which way this game will go. As Benjie said Liverpool will not play as open a game as Man.Utd did from the off. Have been just a little fortunate in the victories against Man.United and Chelsea. On another day Man United would have bagged a couple against us, they were quite wasteful and Chelsea were quite poor creatively when they played us as they have shown at home a few fair times this season and the RVP offside goal turned that match on it's head but the players showed the commitment needed in those games and if they repeat that they may be rewarded again.

Will be interesting to see if the game remains deadlocked for a long period whether Liverpool will fancy themselves to take all three points and open up a little bit as the game progresses. That will suit us.

The backline looked quite stable against Middlesbrough apart from one bit of slack play that led to their goal and it's good to see Djourou stepping up now but they were facing quite a weak Middlesbrough attack with only Aliadiere upfront with support from Tuncay. This game will prove harder. A quick start and an early goal will be just fine.

These two games coming up Liverpool and then Aston Villa are huge. Every game is important but these two games lumped together are vital.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
I'm not so positive within this game.
Ah yeah, there's immense expectation placed on Arsenal's shoulders as big-match performers, "oh it's a big match, certainly Arsenal will win." I've heard such confidence bandied about... Thus I am pessimistic.

To make me feel better and to level out the ground a bit: defeat. Oh, GASH!

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
This Dossena guy is getting loads of flak from Liverpool fans. Apparently he can't defend for sh*t and is worse than Riise in that respect. Shame that we may not be able to take advantage of it though.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Ah yeah, there's immense expectation placed on Arsenal's shoulders as big-match performers, "oh it's a big match, certainly Arsenal will win." I've heard such confidence bandied about... Thus I am pessimistic.

To make me feel better and to level out the ground a bit: defeat. Oh, GASH!
The thing is, at United game we had both Nasri and Walcott and at Stamford Bridge, at least Nasri.
Now we are hosting Liverpool with the likes of Denilson/Eboue and Diaby/Ramsey as wingers.

If only Arsène would gamble with Vela on the wing...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
This Dossena guy is getting loads of flak from Liverpool fans. Apparently he can't defend for sh*t and is worse than Riise in that respect. Shame that we may not be able to take advantage of it though.
Dossena is fat. Nonetheless I guess Liverpool will play Fabio Aurelio and Arbeloa at FB, won't they?

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Dossena is fat. Nonetheless I guess Liverpool will play Fabio Aurelio and Arbeloa at FB, won't they?
Dossena played the last game didn't he? That was at home though. Liverpool paid quite a lot of money for him so maybe Benitez will stick with him for a little while. Let's hope so. He is termed as a wingback so you could be right that he won't line up at the Emirates. Benitez to go for more defensive players. Their fans are not particularly happy with any of their fullbacks though.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
we'll win this 2-1. but it wont ****ing matter anyway.

but having nasri out injured and no natural wingers. i think we'll lose 3-1. embarrassment.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
we'll win this 2-1. but it wont ****ing matter anyway.

but having nasri out injured and no natural wingers. i think we'll lose 3-1. embarrassment.
So, let me see if i understand you (i may fail to since my mother tongue is spanish, but anyway) and your last post.

How comes you start predicting a 2-1 and then finish your post by bolding a 1-3 lose.

I really don't understand it. Simply makes no sense or logic.
Will you explain it to me?

·
props u can read
768 Posts
No wingers - but neither do they. I think Rafa is going to make Kuyt and Reira push down the flanks to hold Clichy and Sagna back and make sure we have no threat on the touchline. Fabregas could come up with something amazing RVP could pull a Chelsea but is unlikely. I can see a draw

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mendy absolutely roasted him at the weekend, it was like watching Frankie Frederiks race against my mum.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
They are the luckiest team in the world. Look at their results in this season, look at the matches against Chelsea, United or Boro, look at the sent offs for City and Wigan when they were winning. You can destroy them for sure, only one advice: don't let score them first. If they score the first goal, Liverpool will start to defend with nine men and it would be a mission impossible.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts