Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably the last big battle for us in the Premiership this season and it could be crucial in deciding the outcome of who will finish second and got the direct CL ticket next season. I'd love to see Sendo extend his record. Can't wait for it ! :smileani:

The next two games ahead would be hard since we only have three days to rest after facing Liverpool to face their half-brother Everton who showed great deal of consistent performance this season despite of being trashed 4-1 by us in the beginning of the season.

Anyway, about Liverpool game, in my opinion the strategy we should use is standard counter-attacking game. I think Xabi Alonso is their best player and main ball distributor for their team. Unlike Gerrard who prefer to charge and challenge directly to opponent's defense, Xabi is playing more in his central midfield post to supply passes and guard from counter-attacking possibilities. I'd say we should have Gilberto keep an eye on Gerrard while also aiding Paddy to guard Xabi as tight as possible, double-team him if necessary. Their flanks isn't really good, especially their left defense filled by Nunez, so both Pires and Reyes have to make really good use of it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
From the looks of it, it will be the same team and the same tactics. They have a hard game tomorrow against Chelsea so we should win in style.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I agree it's gonna be a very tight game hopefully we can pull through (Senderos is keeping Campbell on the bench ;))

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I don't think it's possible to play counter-attack, Liverpool will be very negative i reckon, they will probably play it as if it is a CL game if they have any brains. :shades:

I expect we will win though, they will have put an amazing effort into tonight's game and they will either be high as a kite or low as something really low, so we should win.

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
Not to mention they're complete pants away from home in the Premier League ;)
that's why they should play it like a CL away game, i think they did at Chavski earlier in the season where they only lost 1-0 late on.

seems like they just can't get up for games against all the rubbish teams to me.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
If we listened to half the idiots on here than we should comfortably smack them, since because we didn't go unbeaten this season we're relegation fodder ;) :pp

·
63,337 Posts
hopefully then Benitez will give them a taklk about our shambolic defence, how we are terrible at set-pieces and we have no confidence going forward.

then they will come out and roll over and die.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
there is a game on the 5/5/05? you sure?

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
The Liverpool game is this Sunday so the date should be 5/8/05

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The way liverpool respond to this game will largely depedn on the result at anfield tonight.
Either way, it should be a easy win for the arse :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
im not sure easy win, liverpool will want a result, we will be without henry and probably ljunberg.

Id reckon we score 2-0
reyes, pires.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Liverpool will be fired up after their win, but I think we can out do them but it will not be a walk in the park. I'll have a guess and say 1-0.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
A loss for Liverpool would end all their hopes of a UCL spot thru the EPL so it'll serve to fire them up even more for the final, if I was Rafa I'd think I'm in a win-win situation in this game.:shades:

·
Banned
130 Posts
F*** ****

you ungrateful pearlly gimps :nono:

we rsole the Chavs for U, u let us win at highbury thats the deal
Break it and I will cut your ******* jacobs off :boxing:

:happy:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Kyro the Red said:
F*** ****

you ungrateful pearlly gimps :nono:

we rsole the Chavs for U, u let us win at highbury thats the deal
Break it and I will cut your ******* jacobs off :boxing:

:happy:
lmfao calm down kidda.

although seeming as we did beat Chelsea, the least you could do us let us win, then you go and hammer Everton that would be fair.

Otherwise Kyro will be forced to "cut your ******* jacobs off :boxing: "

1 - 20 of 82 Posts