Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Play Taylor!

I think we should play taylor as our start on saturday and then substitue him after a while with seaman!
so when arsenal do end the season it should be with the entire old gaurd on the pitch one last time for nostalgia sake atleast!

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Taylor's on 9 games this season - one more and we'll be the first team to ever have three goalkeepers winning Championship medals.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Taylor will definately play a part in Saturday's game, but I think with the Championship wrapped up, Wenger will play Wright and not Seaman.
So Im guessing Wright will start and Taylor will come on as sub.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
taylor did great when seaman and wright was injured
he deserves it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Taylor definitely deserves his medal. His performance and bravery against Man Utd at Highbury....well, if that was his only game this season, I think I would still be baying for a medal for the boy.

BB

As my grandma always said: Fuk 'em if they can't take a joke

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
~*~* Arsenal Vs Everton *~*~

Well this game is no longer important, but I would still like to see Arsenal sign off with a win.
This is the game Arsenal finally lift the Title and there is some more good news, ROBERT PIRES will be there to celebrate and lift the trophy.
I have no idea what the team will be but this is my guess.

=========Taylor
=Dixon==Adams==Sol==Cole
Wiltord==Edu==Vieira==Freddie
======Kanu==Henry

I predict a 4-0 win!!
Freddie (4) :star:

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
This game will be a cause for celebration for three reasons:

1.Arsenal's fantastic double
2.Everton's survival and revival under Moyes
3.The fact United and Liverpool won nothing :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i reckon arsenal can win again
but maybe wenger would put alotta youngings into the squad and not the usual superstars?

i also want a win because its like saying, "hey moyes, dont try to beat us next season cose you got no chance "

but for once, i wont be concentrating on arsenal this week. i am waiting for the result against liverpool and ipswich.
hehehe if they win man utd would have to qualify for the CL. imagine if they dont make it!
CL without man utd for once

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i reckon wright should play a part as well. i felt bad when he played all the Fa cup games, then in the final game, he got replaced by seaman. it was the best tactical thing to do, but we should repay wright back somehow

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to c the old gaurd in action at highbury once last time!
my XI would be
-------------------------------Taylor---------------------------------------------
--Dixon--------------keown---------adams-----------------cole-------------
--ljunberg--------parlour-----------veira-----------------edu---------------
------------bergkamp--------------------henry--------------------------------

start with that
bring wright on at half time and at the 85th minute bring on seaman so the old gaurd end the season in style!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Its gonna be one hell of a party today.

Keown and Campbell are rested, along with David Seaman, Richard Wright starts but the media are suggesting that Stuart Taylor will play some part.

It will be a rout today guys... :D

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Just watched the game and I can say that for both teams this is truly a reason to party. Arsenal win the double, Everton stay up, and Man U and Liverpool win nothing! Could there be anything more satisfactory than that? :D

Seriously though, my thoughts on the game. What an entertaining end to an entertaining season. We did give Arsenal a run for their money and can go out with our heads held high, as we have been playing so much better under Moyes.

But the day belongs to Arsenal, and I can't congratulate you enough for a magnificent and thoroughly deserved double :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Glad to see Franny Jeffers get a goal today.

As Dave Votoupal said, very entertaining game, and the result didnt matter to either team at all, so they just played 90mins for the sheer fun of it.

Credit to Everton who played their part in a exciting game, and since Moyes took over at Goodison they've looked a far better side.

Great end to a brilliant season.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
wow we break the new league record -- 13 consecutive wins, wooo... A 'dramatic' 4-3 scoreline which we came from behind to beat everton. I didn't know what the tactic did wenger use for, but with the 'performance' we displayed yesterday, don't dream further we could defend the title next season:D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
a good score line of 4-3
extremly nice to see jeffers score, as it gives me better feelings abotu thoughts about spending all that money on a fox in the box
:cool:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
a good score line of 4-3
extremly nice to see jeffers score, as it gives me better feelings abotu thoughts about spending all that money on a fox in the box
:cool:

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
This is truly the start of a new era in English football. The end of domination by United, and the start of domination by Arsenal. And hopefully, a new start for Everton too.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Great game! Jeffers looked promising, as soon as he came on he started getting some chances, although he was obviously rusty from not playing often and injury. Good prospect for the future! This was Grimandi's last game, unless of course he plays at the testimonial, so it was fitting that he got the start. Already I can't wait for next season!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts