Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is our next game, I'm not sure when we play West Ham or Sheffield United in the Cup, and on the 22nd we've got Bayern. I assume the Cup match is the weekend before the Bayern match.

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Cygan/Campbell Cole
Ljungberg Vieira Edu Reyes
Bergkamp Henry

I don't know if Campbell's fit for this or not. Kolo is back form his suspension.

·
Registered
865 Posts
It's too early to predict the lineup I guess. A lot can change in 8 days.
Here's my wish list for now:
-I want Sol to recover ASAP
-I want Reyes to start scoring again. I want it so badly... And I want to make sure nothing weird is between Henry and him. Lately I get the feeling something's not right among those 2.
-I want us to keep up the momentum we gained against Villa simply because our next 5 opponents in the league are all not top teams.
-Last but not least, to get trough Bayern....

Hope they all come true :pp :pp

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
I think senderos is now third choice CB over cygan. Every time senderos has been fit and either campbell or toure have been injured/suspended senderos has played. Against Man City, cygan was fit and on the bench but senderos still played.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
well he is better than cygan, he should definetly play if Sol is not fit.
i dont think theres anything wrong with henry and reyes though, if there was id blame the spain coach.

arsenal to win 3-0 henry2 , ljunberg.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I hope there's nothing... But a couple of times I saw Titi giving a very weird look to Reyes after Jose tried passing him the ball and it was a bit far. What Henry would usually do, is thank the passer(rise thumb, applaud).... That never happened yesterday. Even when celebrating the goals, I never saw them together...

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Nauan said:
I hope there's nothing... But a couple of times I saw Titi giving a very weird look to Reyes after Jose tried passing him the ball and it was a bit far. What Henry would usually do, is thank the passer(rise thumb, applaud).... That never happened yesterday. Even when celebrating the goals, I never saw them together...

It happens on all teams, hell on Tuesday Giggs and Neville were telling one another to F**k Off after a misscue on a thorw in.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Tunis4life said:
It happens on all teams, hell on Tuesday Giggs and Neville were telling one another to F**k Off after a misscue on a thorw in.
Well, are we mancs? I don't give a fvck how those bitches treat each other. It's our own team I worry about....

·
Registered
110 Posts
they played great at first half, but as always.. after Angel scored, they were a bit nervous.. thank goodness Vieira and Edu was superb.. and I reckon Senderos will be a great player.. he was so solid :D

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
2-0

Henry,vieira

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm going for a 4-1 win,Andy Johnson for them, 2x Henry, Reyes and Pires for us.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't see us thumping them. Palace will do what everyone does at Highbury - pack the midfield, use Johnson's speed on the counter and work the set-pieces well. I can't see us scoring a lot and 2-1 is probably the most likely.

It was these sort of games at Highbury that have contributed to us falling so far behind - we can't afford to draw this. We have to win.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The big news ahead of the clash with Crystal Palace at Highbury on Monday night is that Sol Campbell won't make it back for the game as he is still recovering from an ankle injury picked up against Manchester United.

Justin Hoyte will also miss out having picked up a knock while playing for the England Under-21's. Robin van Persie is also still out which should mean another start for the in-form Dennis Bergkamp.

The good news meanwhile is that Kolo Touré will return after his three match suspension.

"Sol has no chance to be back but Kolo is available again." Arsène Wenger told Arsenal.com.

"Also we have lost Justin Hoyte from the Under-21 game. He will be out and Robin van Persie as well, both with ankle injuries."

Wenger is optimistic on the fitness of long term absentees Jeremie Aliádíère and Gilberto: "Gilberto is progressing well," he said, "and Jeremie Aliádíère is back in full training again but he will need a few games."

-----

This is why I'm against international football all together.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
still sendo and cole should do a very good job, lauren and cole are fit, so we have nothing to worry about, i just wanna know will AW play reyes, after all of whatsbeen going on.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts