Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our second trip to Cardiff for the season that hopefully leads us on our way to our third :shades: hopefully we a get near on full strength team for this one, won't be easy. Rovers are a tough team as we found out a few weeks ago.

COME ON YOU REDS.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Our only realistic chance of a trophy this season, can't afford to slip up here.

Blackburn are good but once Arsenal break them down I think we can get a few. Probably 3-0.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Hopefully Sol returns and we can finally see the Twin Towers in action.

I see a 2-0 victory.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I see the opportunity for a double.... I have a sneaky feeling Chavski will choke!

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
gunner4ever said:
I see the opportunity for a double.... I have a sneaky feeling Chavski will choke!
I wish I could have your optimism Gunner4ever but I can't see that happening.

I don't see them dropping 11 points

Even if we take all three points at the Bridge, I don't see Chelsea losing or drawing Fulham, Bolton at best will take a point and Man Utd will not beat Chelsea.

My bet is we finish five points behind the Blues.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
SENDO/SOL together probably, how beautiful can this partnership become ? :drool:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tunis4life said:
My bet is we finish five points behind the Blues.
Respectable, considering how far behind we were awhile ago. It's been a nice yet quiet turn around for the Arsenal in the last few weeks.

We haven't been playing with particularly inspiring football we're used to, but hey, we're keeping cleansheets.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
sendo sol at cb.... kolo at rb...
so much more balance in our team!

·
63,337 Posts
SOL played again for the reserves full 90 minutes so he should definitely play if he has no pain this morning. :thmbup:

looks like with Wenger's comments yesterday that SOL/Sendo we will see and either Ralph or Kolo will drop out. :shades:

·
Registered
886 Posts
We have never won an away game I've attended and as this will be my first away game this season, I fear the worst possible thing could happen, Or perhaps my luck finally has turned and we'll win 5-0 !! :happy: . Yeah, I'll go for that one, 5-0 to The Arsenal !! Henry scores a hattrick and Paddy & Pires get one each :).

Jern, What did Wenger say?

·
63,337 Posts
he just generally praised him and said he is a real contender for Saturday which points to him playing even if Sol is back in my book.

let's hope your bok ends, but as it's at a neutral venue then perhaps the away gam rule won't apply. :shades:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I can imagine how solid our defense with Sol-Sendo-Kolo-Ash in backline plus Vieira and Gilberto partnership as DM. :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
I can imagine how solid our defense with Sol-Sendo-Kolo-Ash in backline plus Vieira and Gilberto partnership as DM. :)
Exactly, Lets hope these players can get a few games together now and I'm sure they'll make us rock solid defensively, as long as they don't have Almunia behind the that is :thmbdown. We would have beaten both ManUre and Chelski at Highbury with all of them on the field, No doubt about it. :broken:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Jacke Sigfridsson said:
We have never won an away game I've attended and as this will be my first away game this season, I fear the worst possible thing could happen, Or perhaps my luck finally has turned and we'll win 5-0 !! :happy: . Yeah, I'll go for that one, 5-0 to The Arsenal !! Henry scores a hattrick and Paddy & Pires get one each :).

Jern, What did Wenger say?
You do realise you have set yourself up for hell if we lose!! You'll be known as the 'Gooner Jinx' :tongue:

How many away games have you been to?!
I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say ... Please don't go!! :D :pp

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Freddie Ljungberg, Edu and José Antonio Reyes look set to return to the Arsenal squad for the Gunners' FA Cup semi final against Blackburn this Saturday.

Ljungberg missed Arsenal's win at the Riverside with a hip injury, while Reyes has now recovered from the knock that forced him off at half time during that game. Edu is available for the first time since February after a hamstring problem.

However, Arsène Wenger has not yet decided whether to bring back Sol Campbell. The commanding centre-back has been absent since February 1st with an ankle injury, but has recently returned to fitness and made two appearances for the Reserves.

"I have not decided yet," the boss told Arsenal PLUS. "I will see. You can't say Sol is 100 per cent but the second [Reserve] game was much better than the first.

Wenger feels rushing Campbell back may not be worth the risk, especially with Kolo Touré and Phillipe Senderos looking solid at the back for Arsenal during Sol's absence.

"There is still time. I must think carefully because he is not completely fit yet and we have defended very well recently."

The other remaining absentees are Mathieu Flamini, Manuel Almunia and Gaël Clichy, who Wenger confirmed will miss the rest of the season.

"Mathieu Flamini will not be available and Manuel Almunia has a problem with his groin," said Wenger. "Then of course there is Gaël Clichy who has had surgery on his foot and is out for the season."

--------

Lehmann
Lauren/Toure - Senderos - Campbell/Toure - Cole
Ljungberg - Vieira - Gilberto - Pires
Reyes/Bergkamp - Henry

At a guess.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts