Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its gonna be a tricky match.

First game as Champions.

Wenger said that we are into the next season right away and I agree with him.
We have to keep our concentration and standards right up at the top as they had been all season.
Because one small blips in any of these games and we would be (Again) sliced from bottom to top by the media & co.

Birmingham fighting for a place in Europe and they will be ready for everything. Three years back, talking of Europe for Birmingham would've been a big joke but Steve Bruce had done wonders with the club.

Mikael Forssell is gonna remain on loan for another season. He has been teremendous this season. His confidence, technique is perfect. He has surely been the player of the season for Birmingham (and ofcourse the highest Chelsea goal scorer :D).

Keown, Reyes, Kanu, Cygan all need medals. I strongly beleive Reyes and Keown would definetly feature at sometime of the game.

In the pre-match comments of the reverse fixture, Bruce said Henry is the best player in the world. In the match Arsenal beat them 3-0 with three assists from Henry. Cool...eh :D
They were three glorious moves. I still pick them out whenever I feel like watching few good goals of the season.

Its gonna be fun. The Champions in Highbury. :cool:
Welcome home heroes !!! :star:

nEEbz

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
it shall be hard, we'll just see how much arsenal wants to finish season unbeaten. depending on who wenger plays and how much are the champions fired up.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
I'm not worried at all. Last season after the heartbreaking loss at THOF to Leeds Utd the Gunners responded by beating Southampton 6-1 and Sunderland by five or six goals. Birmingham are a tough squad but no match for the Arsenal.

4-0

Henry
Reyes x 2
Pires

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
News:
Mikael Forrsell doubtful for the clash !!!!!!!

What do u call that for Birmingham ?
Bad Luck !

and for Arsenal?
doesn't matter :cool:

nEEbz :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Lol, very good.

For the match I'm pretty certain we'll win, and Reyes and Keown will get their medals. I'd say a 3 - 1 win for us, Henry x2 and Pires/Reyes single.
Go us gooners, and this match is even on TV over here! Hope they have the trophy presentation (thats at the end of this match rite?)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'm going to the game tomorrow :cool:

The ticket is priced at £26 and I've got a seat in the North Stand (Lower).

The best thing is, I have to pay absolutely nothing for it :happy:

My lecturer's kid is sick and offered the ticket to our class. Being the football fanatic I am, as well as a cheap bastard, I took the ticket straight away ;)

It looks like I'll have to be a Gooner for the day. Oh, the pain :tongue:

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Barça_Fan said:
I'm going to the game tomorrow :cool:

The ticket is priced at £26 and I've got a seat in the North Stand (Lower).

The best thing is, I have to pay absolutely nothing for it :happy:

My lecturer's kid is sick and offered the ticket to our class. Being the football fanatic I am, as well as a cheap bastard, I took the ticket straight away ;)

It looks like I'll have to be a Gooner for the day. Oh, the pain :tongue:
ah ..freak !!!
can neone get me tickets as well?

1 >> Airline Ticket .. Lahore to Highbury
2 >> Match Ticket
:D

nEEbz

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
The trophy presentation and handing out of the champions medals will not take place until the last game of the season against Leicester.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
we have only Cygan injured , so our side is completely full strength then. ;)

-------------------Freak Jens
Ralph-------Kolo-------Sol------Ash
Razor------Gilberto--Paddy---Bob
---------------Reyes
------------------------Henry

Aliadiere,Kanu,Keown are first choices for subs, especially Keown who if he doesn't come on kisses goodbye to a medal. :(

Barc fan, you are don't think you are taking a terrible risk do you ? once you are seduced by the glorious history, tradition and classy football of the Arsenal , the Barcelona team will seem like a pale shadow and not worth bothering with anymore :pp

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Arsenal 0-0 Birmingham

More Premiership photos
Premiership champions Arsenal extended their unbeaten league run to 35 games in an uninspiring stalemate.
Birmingham frustrated Arsene Wenger's side and successfully put a damper on the party mood inside Highbury.

Arsenal barely managed a shot on target with little seen of newly-crowned PFA player of the year Thierry Henry.

Birmingham came closest to breaking the deadlock after 65 minutes when former Spurs midfield man Stephen Clemence forced a diving save from Jens Lehmann.

Arsenal recalled Jose Antonio Reyes and Freddie Ljungberg to their starting line-up, while Birmingham were without top scorer Mikael Forssell because of a knee injury.

Dennis Bergkamp's family join the party

The party atmosphere appeared to effect Arsenal, particularly in the first 45 minutes, when their normal flowing style was absent.

Arsenal failed to have a shot on target in the first half, with Reyes coming closest with a right-foot volley from Dennis Bergkamp's cross.

Birmingham were well-organised and resilient, with Robbie Savage working tirelessly in midfield.

Arsenal attempted to increase the tempo after the interval.

But they were fortunate not to go behind when Clinton Morrison was harshly penalised for a foul on Lehmann when Arsenal's goalkeeper dropped the ball virtually on his line.

Thierry Henry almost produced a moment of inspiration to break the deadlock after 56 minutes, with a trademark quick free-kick which was only inches wide.

There was always bound to be a post title-winning hangover for Arsenal

From Paul T
Have your say on 606

Birmingham produced the first shot on target after 65 minutes, and Lehmann needed to produce a routine save from Stephen Clemence.

Arsenal then made a change, sending on Robert Pires for Ljungberg.

Bergkamp had penalty appeals turned down with two minutes left when he was blocked by Birmingham subsitute Bryan Hughes.

Arsenal boss Wenger delighted the Highbury crowd with seconds to go by giving veteran defender Martin Keown an appearance as a substitute.

It moved him closer to the 10 league appearances he needs to claim a title medal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal: Lehmann, Lauren, Campbell, Toure, Cole, Ljungberg, Vieira, Silva, Reyes, Bergkamp, Henry. Subs: Keown, Pires, Parlour, Shaaban, Aliadiere.

Birmingham: Bennett, Cunningham, Clapham, Upson, Tebily, Savage, Lazaridis, Dunn, Johnson, Clemence, Morrison. Subs: Cisse, Hughes, Doyle, John, Martin Taylor.

Referee: G Poll (Hertfordshire)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
That was one boring game from hell itself

only when Keown was brought on to play on the right wing for the 2 minutes of stopage time did things liven up!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
There is a difference between an error and a mistake

I am glad you've held me up to high standards; let's hope you do the same with Arsenal.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Overall, the game was disappointing. Henry wasn't at his best, but he has been brilliant this season :thumbsup: Birmingham were well organised and got the point they wanted.

I just hope you keep your unbeaten record until the end of the season. Now that would be an achievement :eek: The trip to Pompey will be a tricky one.

But I've got to say that the atmosphere was fantastic! :eek: Highbury was a party and the fans were brilliant. The funniest part was when Robbie "Scumbag/Wanker/Insert Insult Here" Savage took the corners near us. Some of the insults were hilarious - even Savage was cracking up! :howler:

Jern Lizardhous said:
Barc fan, you are don't think you are taking a terrible risk do you ? once you are seduced by the glorious history, tradition and classy football of the Arsenal , the Barcelona team will seem like a pale shadow and not worth bothering with anymore :pp
Don't worry, we're back :cool: With Ronaldinho, we've got the classiest footballer on the planet. And if you want to talk about history and tradition, then I think that there's a certain European trophy missing from your cabinet :tongue: As well as countless league titles :tongue:

By the way, does Wembley and 4 goals ring any bells? :D

But I enjoyed the experience. It's a shame Highbury isn't always this loud :tongue:

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Barça_Fan , can't u feel it?

u said it was such a fantastic experience at a time when all here are saying that this was the most boring match of the season.

can't u feel it? ... that was the Arsenal of totally contrasting style which made their name in the whole world !!!
and yet ..u enjoyed the atmophere !!

open ur eyes ...ur being attracted !!

Barcelona playing the classiest football on planet? I heard somewhere Rijkaard is a big admirer of Arsenal and Barcelona are very much moulding their gameplay to Arsenal's.

Is that true? ...What u think? :cool:

nEEbz

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
nEEbz is right, Barca fan (i am very sorry, idon't know how to do that funny c) you have been seduced by the library :happy:

you was there , sitting there on your crappy plastic seat in the North Bank with the smell of crappy fried onions in the air , with some smelly fat bastard next to you cramping your view, cigar smoke wafting in your face, getting chewing gum stuck to your feet, watching the most crappy, boring and unimaginative football we have produced for two years and YOU STILL managed to come away loving it !!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :dazed:

BARCA, YOU MY SON ARE A GOONER, AND YOU WILL BE 'TIL THE DAY YOU DIE!!!!! :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts