Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal has once again accepted the invitation of Ajax to play on the Amsterdam Tournament 2005.

On Friday July 29 and Sunday Juli 31 four international top teams will
meet in this weekend packed with top football and international stars.
With Arsenal, FC Porto, Boca Juniors and host Ajax again the
Amsterdam Tournament will be the tournament to watch right before the
different European Leagues will start again.

Despite heavy competition, Ajax won the tournament the last four years,
so let us see if the young but talented team will succeed again. Following
a tradition, offensive football will be rewarded; each goal scored will be givenan extra point, so a team that might lose a game on Friday will still be able to win the Amsterdam Tournament on Sunday!

Friday July 29th
Boca Juniors - FC Porto
Ajax - Arsenal

Sunday July 31st
Arsenal - Boca Juniors
Ajax - FC Porto

-----------------------

Amsterdam Tournament is always good for a pre-season warm up, the match against Boca should be a good one.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
aren't Boca selling most of their good players to Abramovich Brazil branch ?

anyway should be good, i expect us to win this tournament as we will have all our International players ready to go this time.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This'll be our third participation in it, we came last in the first two so you'd think we can only do better :pp

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
This'll be our third participation in it, we came last in the first two :pp
yeah but last year we played the best football of the tourament by a distance in the Ajax game, how they got away with a draw is still something that troubles me in my sleep. :D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pires was f**king awesome in the Ajax game IIRC, he was everywhere and had some great chances. Hopefully this year we don't have the Vieirasaga on again to distract us :pp contrastly I remember the game against River being utterly abysmal to a level Fat Sam would enjoy.

·
63,337 Posts
yeah but we had all the kiddo's playing against River, i remember thinking if Fabregas plays with the senior pros he can be something special and then at Cardiff he confirmed my suspicions. :proud:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
YES !! I want BOCA !! :happy:

We should play more South American sides so that we can be recognized as true football adventurer club. :hopefull:

I am looking forward of both matches. :)

·
63,337 Posts
we'll probably field half first team and half squad men/ie youngsters in both games, won't keep the same team as the games are too close together.

·
Arsenal Fan
5,476 Posts
Arsenal vs Ajax will be a motherf'er of a game!!!

Boca aren't listed in our fixtures list... haven't they pulled out of the tournament? On the Arsenal website it is Porto on the 31st.

Im a bit worried that Van Persie hasn't played ANY pre-season matches and he won't be playing in this tournament either!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't put it passed Arsenal.com to get it hideously wrong ;) for months they had Flamini listed as an Italian.

·
63,337 Posts
Number9 said:
Arsenal vs Ajax will be a motherf'er of a game!!!

Boca aren't listed in our fixtures list... haven't they pulled out of the tournament? On the Arsenal website it is Porto on the 31st.

Im a bit worried that Van Persie hasn't played ANY pre-season matches and he won't be playing in this tournament either!

Boca will not play us, we only play two matches in the tournament.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts