Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok if we loose here title is gone i believe.

but heres for a walkover

5-0

henry 3, pires, freddie

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
ARSENAL 3-0WOLVES

Craddock og 13
Henry 20, 89

·
Registered
115 Posts
SW- how on earth did you come to the conclusion that were we to lose today then we'd have had to kiss goodbye to our title aspirations?

Are you sure you dont sit in the NB fella cos the "support" is effing abysmal and i for one am becoming sick and tired of effing mugs turning up preferring to be entertained rather than offer any sort of support.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SW- how on earth did you come to the conclusion that were we to lose today then we'd have had to kiss goodbye to our title aspirations
eeerr...you do realise this is football? are you saying we win easily over these small teams? take alook at our league table, whats with all the draws agains mediocre teams? basing on those results, i was hoping not for a lose otherwise our title is nearly gone.

however, my stomp almost was right, good clear 3-0 win with chelsea stuffing up :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
We should all know by now that titles are not won in December.

Bottom line we all know that it will come down to April and May between Arsenal and Man Utd as usual.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We should all know by now that titles are not won in December.
with the quality of teams challanging for the title this year (normally it would be liverpool then they would easily be discounted as they cant win at all) but this yuear with richy chelsea, man utd and us. i think slip ups wont come often.

·
Registered
115 Posts
SW- you're still forgetting that at the time of your initial post we were (and still are) unbeaten and only a point of top spot so how you could discard our title hopes is beyond me. With regards to the "mediocre sides" well i've attended most games this season and with the exception of fulham at home we deserved nothing more than a point at the rest but the fact still remains we're unbeaten and only a point of top spot. This is our best start in the premiership ever (including nov!!) and we've yet to really find our best form so we should remain upbeat and in good spirits.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Personally I'm not remotely concernd about Chelsea. If teams who spent loads of cash always won their domestic league than Barca, Inter, Liverpool and Marsielle all would have won at least one league title over the last five seasons.

As Wenger stated you can put a price on team spirit.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you're still forgetting that at the time of your initial post we were (and still are) unbeaten and only a point of top spot so how you could discard our title hopes is beyond me. With regards to the "mediocre sides" well i've attended most games this season and with the exception of fulham at home we deserved nothing more than a point at the rest but the fact still remains we're unbeaten and only a point of top spot. This is our best start in the premiership ever (including nov!!) and we've yet to really find our best form so we should remain upbeat and in good spirits.
hey, i dont know how llong you known me, i like to be realistic and not a totally biase one eyed fan just for arsenal. in the world of footbal, i will say this once again and no more cose i hate repeating myself, in the world of football ANYTHING can happen. so please stop being arrogant fan and face the world and realise even though this is our best start, we're not no.1 on the table are we? we're unbeaten, but we're not no.1 on the table are we? it is not good enough.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
about the unbeaten run issue
i'd like to ask the ppl who are happy by this TRICKY WORD

would you like to finish the league with unbeaten run and in the second place

or get one or two defeats and win the championship

and now we are unbeaten with 6 draws
and manyoo has 3 defeats and one draw and they above us now

what about if they finish above us by one point as 99, remember

again and again
what really killed us last season is the DRAWS not the defeats

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
would you like to finish the league with unbeaten run and in the second place
that is what i was on about to barn boy FC, thank you for pointing it out.

exactly my point, yes we are unbeaten, and oyu said yourself ban boy this is our best run in the EPL ever, however we are 2nd, so isnt that scary for you? it is our best run, but we are 2nd...hmm...

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes it is our best run, yes we are second and yes it is only december. so rather than draw the games we have this season you'd have preferred to have lost them? like i say boys we've yet to find our feet completely and make our mark with perhaps the exception of boro, leeds first halves away from home so the best is yet to come i reckon, that still remaining and the very fact we're unbeaten stands me in good stead. Whilst i am being realistic every footy fan (jews included) still have to air some optimisim.

·
Registered
115 Posts
oh and just for the record perhaps SW will be kind enough to point out exactly where ive displayed any arrogance.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Swiftwilly is a pessimist because he cares so much,some fans can't help it :D

of course we should win every game and when we aint blowing teams away it is horrible because we are the dons of this division,we are capable of annihilating everyone but we lapse into weirdness. :rolleyes:

i don't like the way we are afraid to lose this year,we may very well win the title if we keep it up but it won't have the memories of 2002,that football was frighteningly good,this year we will win or finish second,but will we have any memory of it? :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts