Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should honestly give boro more credit, they are a good side with good players, juni, mendieta, macco, etc etc

well tough game? i think both managers knows their foes pretty well after we faced them quite a few times in short time.

i think this will be a close game or a big walkover, either one no draw. really depends on how well both managers knows each others game i think.

come on henry :fero:

btw who is partner for henry in this game??
kanu africa
ali injured

berry and willy done? or we going to use a young striker?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'd like Papa or Owusu-Abieye

to partner henry

and would like the line up to be

Stack
Toure Sol Cygan Clichy
Ljungberg Vieira Edu Bently
Henry Owusu-Abieye

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tat doesnt look like a very good team gooner4life. lacks inexperience on the right side. clichy and bently on one side. you think that is wise?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
maybe

but clichy is very good and I don't see him lacking experience
bently may step into the midfield and edu to the left flank
in the game

actually in this line up it'll be 4-2-2-2
not 4-4-2

---------------------Stack
--Toure------ Sol -------Cygan --------Clichy
--------------------Vieira--- Edu
--Ljungberg-------------------------- Bently
------------Henry ----Owusu-Abieye

bently is more like DB10 than RP7
he steps into th MF alot

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he does lack experience, there is no argueing that. experience comes with games in the EPL, and i am for sure i have not seen bently in an EPL game this season. maybe a little minor appereance if none at all?

he may be good, but experience is still in question. like ali for example, his great talent but his experience lacks, in the boro game i saw, he passed some chances to score a goal why? experience. one of the reasons seaman was so great, just the vast amount of experience under his belt made him a god for any sitaution.

but sure, put bently and clichy in if REALLY needed. but why is ashly cole off? wat happened?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I mean Clichy NOT Bently
I see Clichy an enough experience player
but Bently is not of course

and Cole off off cause I love to watch Clichy playing
I love this player
his pace, his strength, his technique

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
well why the hell do all of u have bently in ahead of pires? is he injured?? and another thing.... gilberto will play beside paddy and wht quincy.... why not thomas or bent;y or a returnin dennis bergkamp?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I doubt Gilberto will play because he played twice in two days,i reckon he'll be rested. ;)

my guess

-------------------Lehmann
Ralph-------Keown---------Sol------Ash

Razor--------Paddy-----Edu-------Bob
--------------Fred
-----------------------Titi ;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jerns team looks more like it :)

sorry gooner, i still think cole > clichy and about bently...no...

however i remember when henry played up alone, it wasnt to good. like the other time he had a free role.:rollani:

·
63,337 Posts
Henry won't play,apparently he's still in New York watching Basketball :rolleyes:

Gilberto is out

but Dennis should be back to lead the attack. :D

so i aint got a clue what the team will be now,we need some pace upfront so maybe Quincy will get another outing. :cool:

·
63,337 Posts
I think Nino had another setback :(

Wenger has talked about partnering Dennis with either Fred or Bob........

----------------------Jens
Ralph-------Keown-------Sol---------Ash

Razor------Paddy--------Edu--------Bob

-------------Fred----------Den

:cool:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am not so confident as wenger decided to rest henry, i think this is a very big gamble. if we come out winners, then we're set for mostly rest of the season with henry ready to go after well deserved rest.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Henry won't play,apparently he's still in New York watching Basketball

according to Kolo, Terrence is the best b'ball player within our ranks!;)

ive been up to my eyes and ears in it at work this work so am hugely looking forward to 2mrw. Cup games always seem to bring out the best atmospheres at Highbury (might have something to with the CE lads being moved into the NB!)

with the team you've put out or one thereabouts i honestly cant see boro getting a look in and reckon it'll be plain sailing for The Arse.

there are still loads of tickets on general for anyone contemplating a trip upto teeside this weds.

SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON

·
Registered
115 Posts
SW- cast your mind back to OT last season 5th round. Tel was on the bench for most of that game and even then we came up trumps. keep the faith son.

SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON

·
63,337 Posts
as it happens the people who say we are a one man team are laughable morons :D

without Titi recently we have won at the Bridge,Theatre of Prawns,Anfield,St.James Park ;)

in the last 19 games without him barring Mickey Mouse Cup we have only lost at Schalke,when we had a second string out :eek:

BarnBoy have you seen the weather forecast for next week? with their funny icy steps i reckon the game at Riverside might be off,you are a brave man going up there. ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
im still undecided on the away fixture Jern, was contemplating aquiring tickets at box office 2mrw. if i am to travel this would also mean booking yet another day off at work (my gaffer is a yid btw who is nearing the end of his teather with my continual days off whilst following the Pride Of London!) Now that you've mentioned the weather factor you've opened up a real can of worms for me cos i desperately wanted to go to boro (went to the west brom game and altho our numbers were pony- as they probably will be at boro, every single Gooner was a credit to the club.) but then on the other hand i need to gather every possible sheckle for the vigo excursion. decisions, decisions eh!? and i thought my other half was bad when choosing what to wear on a night out!

SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON

1 - 20 of 28 Posts