Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think we can take a win on this, however as football goes nothing is certain. i'd like to see us win the EPL unbeaten since we got no other focus. sadly.

big problem for me, do you want to see pennant score????

the bad:
it could affect the result of the game, maybe leeds win or lose.

the good:
might see pennant come back to highbury if he has a significant impact on the game. and also it'll make jacke happy.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
the last team to beat u in the EPL was leeds, lets hope lightening strikes twice..

leeds will be fired up, and there result against blackburn gives them everything to play for... even against a lethargic arsenal i cant see the shambolic defence keeping out henry et al...

if there are going to be any surprises, then it will be due to a stern leeds midfield performance, with di mateo anchoring the middle, letting the wings doing the damage...

personally, i dont see it happening (how i wish it does tho!)..3:1 to arsenal

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really dont think anything will be stopping us, we have no other commitments and i am sure the players are out to finish off the EPL, win it also breaking and making a new record.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
As long as Paddy plays the Gunners will stroll to another championsip and IMO Leeds will be destroyed by at least three goals

Last year Paddy's injury cost us the title but this year he''s fit and if yesterday was any indication PV4 is determined too win his first PL title as the skipper.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
well i hope pennant does well , but does not score . 4-0 to arsenal , Henry 2 goals , reyes and pires.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Arsenal pair doubtful for Leeds clash

Arsenal are ready to rule out Freddie Ljungberg and Ashley Cole from their Highbury clash with Leeds United on Friday night.
But both players are likely to be available again for the north London derby at Tottenham 10 days later when the Gunners could be on the brink of wrapping up their second Barclaycard Premiership title in three years.

Ljungberg has had an operation on two bones he fractured in a hand during the 1-0 FA Cup semi-final defeat by Manchester United and was willing to carry on for the rest of the campaign with pain-killing injections.

He played in the 2-1 Champions League defeat by Chelsea and the reviving 4-2 Premiership win over Liverpool but dropped out of the goalless draw at Newcastle on Sunday after it was pointed out to him that surgery could see him back in action within two weeks.

England left-back Cole sprained an ankle against Newcastle but is also hopeful of facing Spurs, where Arsenal clinched the first part of their first league and cup double with a Ray Kennedy goal back in 1971.

The title could come again at White Hart Lane 33 years on but it is more likely the modern-day Arsenal may have to wait until the home clash with Birmingham on May 1 for their first opportunity to clinch it.

----

no fr
ed no cole sorri

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
As long as Paddy, Sol and Kolo are fit I can't see Arsenal droping a single point in the next six games.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
bently on the right with bergy and reyes uopfront and titi being given a rest.....
to keep him sharp for the likes of the scum from the other end of the 7 sisters.....

·
Registered
289 Posts
As much as I'd like to see Bentley play, I can't see it happening. I reckon it'll be Wiltord and Clichy.
And it'd be awsome to win the EPL at White Hart Lane:D

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
well i think we realise the value of gilberto only when he aint playin... one of those quiet types who ensures we dont concede too many goals....
edu as good as he is.... isn't the right choice for our formation where we need some one like gilberto or parlour to get stuck in...

1 - 20 of 101 Posts