Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following players have been transferlisted: Vivas, Luzhny, Wreh, Malz. It would be good to get rid of these players, because three of them are non-EU. And Suker, also no EU, is going to West Ham. This means that with Silvinho and Lauren both holding EU passports, Kanu is the only non EU player. This gives us more flexibility in the transfer market. Edmilson seems to be on his way, but I am skeptical whenever I hear of a Brazilian center-back, simply because Brazil is always week in that position. Whatever happened to that Belgian bloke that we were chasing. I can't remember his name, but he would cost 7 million pounds.

Realistically, I think we only need two more siginings, a center back (this is assuming that Emdilson hasn't actually signed), and a right back. In that right back slot, a few suggestions: Candela of Roma/France, Thuram of Parma/France (but probably too expensive), Panucci of Inter/Italy, and Heggem of Norway/Liverpool (such an underated player). I would love to seem Thuram in the red and white, but assuming he is too expensive, Heggem would be a great choice. It amazes me that he doesn't play more for Pool, and he will play less next season with Babbel there. He is super fast and gives great overlapping runs on the flank. Very similar to Kieron Dyer.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
candela and thuram would probably be impossible to get
panucci wants too much money
heggem is a possibility
but i doubt houllier would sell him
wat about pessotto from juve?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i don't know about the players from epl you mentioned but i know anout the serie A PLAYERS:
candela and thuram(too expensive)
thuram signed a five year deal with parma and wont leave.
candela is very happy in italy and said the only club he would leave for is inter.
panucci:inter might sell him to epl cause they dont think its great to sell him to a huge club in the same country.
but he wnts to move to ac milan cause he played there 5 years ago and dont wanna move away from milano

D

·
0 Posts
Middlesbrough are reported interested in Luzhny for 2-mil-pounds. Done deal soon?

D

·
0 Posts
Damn!, now Roma is after our brilliant left-sided-winger too
Marc Overmars has been linked with a £16m move to Lazio for some time but could now face competition from local rivals AS Roma for his signature.

Let's hope none of them gets Overmars signature.

D

·
0 Posts
Oleg Luzhny is a target for French side Lyon. The Ukraine skipper has been transfer-listed by Arsene Wenger and Lyon are ready to offer £2m.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
after seeing overmars vs yugoslavia
i REALLY hope he wont be leaving arsenal
also zenden is playing very well
can he play on the right wing?

D

·
0 Posts
He can play on the right-wing, but Overmars is better on that position.
If Zenden came to Arsenal then he should play left-wing and Overmars on the right.

D

·
0 Posts
Jaume Llaurado, one of the contenders for the Barcelona presidency, would like to sign Arsenal's Dutch international Dennis Bergkamp, if he manages to win the election in the Catalan capital. But the inquiry is understood to have been dismissed by Arsenal.

D

·
0 Posts
Good you didn't delete this, so I got to chance to look at this hilarious statement. :)

He must have got it from comics.com or something, or teamtalk.com, which is the equivalent. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
That Belgian

Joos Valgaeren is that Belgian..
But why not invest in English players, instead of all those (benchfilling)foreigners, Bergkamp,Overmars,Viera,Petit are all superstars but Wenger has to go and invest in English footballplayers so Your England team can even go through the groupstages of Euro2k etc.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
good to see a new arsenal fan
welcome :p
anyway
english defenders are not cheap so if wenger needs someone cheap and reliable, its pretty obvious hes going to go overseas to find someone
wayne quinn from sheffield united should be snapped up soon
why not wenger?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
edu has been confirmed as an arsenal signing by wenger
also
richard wright has been transfer-listed (from teamtalk...) so wenger should get him as soon as possible as replacement for seaman

D

·
0 Posts
Fatih Akyel, who plays for Arsenal's Uefa Cup final conquerors Galatasaray, is wanted by Wenger. The 22-year-old centre half Akyel, who played in Euro 2000 for Turkey, has asked permission from the Galatasaray board to speak to Arsenal.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
pires played quite well in euro final
passed like 3 players to cross for trezeguet to score
and deisler has been watched by wenger

1 - 20 of 30 Posts