Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think?

I don't want to get too political regarding this, but it's an interesting choice given the Stadium sponsor.

Israel signs tourism deal with Arsenal

Another article

TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) - England's Arsenal soccer team will promote tourism to Israel under a $612,000 (€514,500) sponsorship deal signed Sunday.

The two-year agreement, signed by Israeli and Arsenal officials in Tel Aviv, is the soccer club's second with a Middle Eastern partner.

In 2004, state-owned Emirates Airlines bought the naming rights to Arsenal's new stadium in a blockbuster deal valued at more than $100 million (€84 million). Arsenal officials said its Arab partner had no objections to the deal with Israel.

Under Sunday's agreement, Israeli tourism advertisements will be displayed on sideline billboards during televised games and on 450 screens at Arsenal's new Emirates Stadium, set to open in August. Israel will also run banner ads on the team's Web site. The televised ads will reach audiences in 198 countries, officials said.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I don't think it matters who our sponsor are, they are our sponsors, they are paying us and getting something in return, they don't sit on our board and make decisions for us.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Not really surprising. Arsenal sponsor an academy in Egypt IIRC, etc. Our involvement in the Middle East is pretty big, I think we have a pretty big fanbase there too.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I shall certainly be writing a letter to the club about this, as many others have already done.

I don't want our club to support this terrorist, zionist state. :yuck: Look how they are destroying Lebanon's infrastructure and killing innnocent people for absolutely no reason. :yuck:

What is €514,500 to Arsenal? We shouldn't sell our souls to these bastards. :mad:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Why can't we promote a decent country like Sweden, how can we promote a country build on illegal land. :wallbang:

Let's see what reply I get from the club.

·
63,337 Posts
Madridista4 said:
Why can't we promote a decent country like Sweden, how can we promote a country build on illegal land. :wallbang:

Let's see what reply I get from the club.
yes we could put posters of Sven up allround the ground.

·
63,337 Posts
I would like to live in Sweden
When my work is done
Where the snow lies crisp and even
'Neath the midnight sun
Safe and clean and green and modern
Bright and breezy—free and easy
Sweden—Sweden—Sweden—In Sweden
I am gonna live in Sweden
Please don't ask me why
For if I were to give a reason
It would be a lie
Tall and strong and blonde and blue-eyed
Pure and healthy, very wealthy
I'll grow wings and fly to Sweden
When my time is come
Then at last my eyes shall see them
Heroes every one
Ingmar Bergman
Henrik Ibsen
Karin Larrson
Nina Persson

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Madridista4 said:
I shall certainly be writing a letter to the club about this, as many others have already done.

I don't want our club to support this terrorist, zionist state. :yuck: Look how they are destroying Lebanon's infrastructure and killing innnocent people for absolutely no reason. :yuck:

What is €514,500 to Arsenal? We shouldn't sell our souls to these bastards. :mad:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Im against this as well. We dont want Arsenal becoming a political message sender

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.