Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My dad is turning 60 this month and me and my mother will give him a trip to London in April as a birthday gift.

As it happens he would really love to watch an Arsenal game while we're there. I've looked at the schedule and the games that are in question are Everton on April 16 and Tottenham on April 23. There is an away game to Chelsea on April 20 too I think so that could also be an option.

Now over to the problem. It's so bloody expensive for me to buy a ticket from Sweden. They want £400 for a ticket against Tottenham if you want to sit on the long side and not behind one of the goals or in the curve. For that they take £250 and £300 or something...

I could choose to go with a sports travel company too. But that is also very expensive. The ticket to the game is just as expensive as the flight from Sweden and back plus three nights at a three star hotel.

In short: Is there a cheaper way to obtain tickets? Surely there must be. The prices I've seen are insane. I would really like to be able to give my dad this as he's always been there for me and generally is the most important person in my life.

The alternative is going to London without football tickets or going to Rome to watch Roma-Milan. But the thing is, my dad loves the English game and especially Arsenal. So an Arsenal game is still top of the list. I'm forever grateful if anyone here can help.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
You won't get one for Spurs but Everton you might be able to get one. I'm not sure which dealership you've gotten those prices from as I'm sure you could cheaper tickets from touts!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you will get them much cheaper in London even if you buy from a booking agency, but the touts are where it's at, the Everton game is the one though, bring your Dad down the Jolly Butcher in Stoke Newington for the Spurs game, a better atmosphere than Highbury on derby day and it's FREE. :shades:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
VERDI said:
Hello,

My dad is turning 60 this month and me and my mother will give him a trip to London in April as a birthday gift.

As it happens he would really love to watch an Arsenal game while we're there. I've looked at the schedule and the games that are in question are Everton on April 16 and Tottenham on April 23. There is an away game to Chelsea on April 20 too I think so that could also be an option.

Now over to the problem. It's so bloody expensive for me to buy a ticket from Sweden. They want £400 for a ticket against Tottenham if you want to sit on the long side and not behind one of the goals or in the curve. For that they take £250 and £300 or something...

I could choose to go with a sports travel company too. But that is also very expensive. The ticket to the game is just as expensive as the flight from Sweden and back plus three nights at a three star hotel.

In short: Is there a cheaper way to obtain tickets? Surely there must be. The prices I've seen are insane. I would really like to be able to give my dad this as he's always been there for me and generally is the most important person in my life.

The alternative is going to London without football tickets or going to Rome to watch Roma-Milan. But the thing is, my dad loves the English game and especially Arsenal. So an Arsenal game is still top of the list. I'm forever grateful if anyone here can help.

Thanks! :)
VERDI!!!! Parma Fans.. ;) LOng time no see, buddy..We used to arguing about lazio in laziomania forum along long time ago..hey, i wish i can help you and your dad to get the ticket, but there is no guaraantee for that, lets hope miracle in a new year. let me know or give me PM, how many tickets you need. and like jern said, Jolly butcher is the other option to see the derby match. its more fun.. ;) i can guarantee that! :drunk:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I know that it's extremely hard to get tickets for an Arsenal game at Highbury. Normally I wouldn't even try but now I'm doing this for my father so I thought it was worth a try to ask around here as well. :)

Also, with those sort of ticket prices I guess the atmosphere at the stadium isn't the best either... :( I mean, it's hardly the die hard fans you see in there.

I'm all for going to London and NOT see a football game at the stadium. After all, it's just another football game and I won't pay too much for 90 minutes unless it's truly special, like a WC final or something.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Hey.

Does anybody know how much the local touts would charge me for the Fulham home game on Boxing day?

How much are the general touting prices for Saturday afternoon (15.00) matches against Premiership teams like Fulham, Norwich and Portsmouth?

Thanks.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Uhh ... probably not THAT much for Fulham, since it's Boxing Day and there'll be a few tickets left over as some people can't be arsed going the day after Christmas or are away on holidays.

Jern should know since i can't remember exact numbers :pp

·
63,337 Posts
Twayka said:
my plans hav changed, im going to london on May, man i really wantd to be their on CHRISTMAS.
we only have one game in May at Home, will you be here on the 7th Twayka ?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
No chance of getting a ticket then, even touts by their standards will be charging something mind boggling.

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
someone who can get hold of a cheap(er) ticket exchange te tickets with him - do the exchange of money thru paypal...and post using well post....if u post now it might get to sweeden

·
63,337 Posts
JawZ2002 said:
someone who can get hold of a cheap(er) ticket exchange te tickets with him - do the exchange of money thru paypal...and post using well post....if u post now it might get to sweeden
the tickets won't go on sale to members until February though.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's going to be Rome. Roma-Milan. :cool:

·
63,337 Posts
VERDI said:
It's going to be Rome. Roma-Milan. :cool:

well good luck with it, you'll probably have a better time in Roma, nicer weather and all that. :shades:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts